Best Sennheiser headphones for gaming?

Shibe_Doge

Sennheiser G4ME One or Zero.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Well what can you get? I'd recommend the HD 558's, HD600/HD650 (HD650 has slightly overly done bass) and the HD800.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

What are the best Sennheiser headphones for gaming?

Save yourself some money and buy some Superlux HD668Bs.  Do the research and you will see that they are incredibly high end, even though their price suggests otherwise.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Best sennheiser headphones for gaming with no budget? obviously the hd 800s.

Sennheiser G4ME One or Zero.

Meh, you can get hd 558s and a modmic for $50 less and it will be slightly better. You can also get higher headphones

Best sennheiser headphones for gaming with no budget? obviously the hd 800s.

Meh, you can get hd 558s and a modmic for $50 less and it will be slightly better. You can also get higher headphones

I linked him those because he wanted the best sennheiser headphones for gaming. I guess you could go for a mod mic but from my experience the mod mic isn't as good as the Sennheiser one. Also some people don't want to have to deal with a mod mic.

But yeah the 558's are basically the same thing as the G4ME ones I believe, I don't remember what the closed version is. So if you don't mind getting a mod mic I definitely agree on getting one of those and the 558's.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

I linked him those because he wanted the best sennheiser headphones for gaming. I guess you could go for a mod mic but from my experience the mod mic isn't as good as the Sennheiser one. Also some people don't want to have to deal with a mod mic.

But yeah the 558's are basically the same thing as the G4ME ones I believe, I don't remember what the closed version is. So if you don't mind getting a mod mic I definitely agree on getting one of those and the 558's.

but the G4ME series are headsets, not headphones (just nitpicking)

also the G4ME Zero has the same drivers as the PXC450 which is a bluetooth headphone.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

but the G4ME series are headsets, not headphones (just nitpicking)

also the G4ME Zero has the same drivers as the PXC450 which is a bluetooth headphone.

The PXC 450 isn't a bluetooth headphone.

The HD 800s are by far the best for gaming due to their world class imaging and soundstage. However their high price and need for a hefty well matched amp puts them out of reach for most people's budgets. For bang for buck when it comes to sennheiser go with the HD 558s and search up on how to mod them to sound like the hd 598s. These headphones both use the same driver so it's just changing some damping material in the cups. Also go for a used pair since the mod probably voids the warranty anyway.

the mod probably voids the warranty anyway.

Nah, it doesn't. It's easy to replace the foam, and you don't void the warranty by opening them up like you will with most electronics. Even if you lost the foam, I'd guess Sennheiser would likely honor the warranty.

HD 598s are my preference. Excellent bang for your buck, they look great, and you won't need a ridiculous amp.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

HD558's with zalman mic 1 or if you want something more premium a modmic. Zalman mic actually sounds quite decent for $10, that's what I'd use.

HD 598s are my preference. Excellent bang for your buck, they look great, and you won't need a ridiculous amp.

HD598's are nice, but the 558's have an almost identical sound and only slightly worse comfort. I don't think the 598 justifies extra $70ish, 558 IMO.

practically anything in HD500 range is a good choice

and if you can with extra money (depending on what you buy) buy a standalone mic 

mod mic

or if retailer has it cheap

atr2500 from audio technica