Game Performance Annoyances

CoronaBlue

Does anyone else have pet-peeves when it comes to gaming on their system? I've been experiencing a lot of strange issues, and it's starting to get on my nerves.

I hate how sometimes crashes just happen.

I hate how driver updates can bork older games on newer hardware (I'm looking at you, Dragon Age 2).

I hate how we seem to be becoming an "unoptimized" culture. We paid loads of money for our rigs, and for games to go with them. Is it too much to ask that said games just work?

What do y'all think? Am I totally off base with these?

I don't have much issues, but its the Devs fault for the optimization issues. 

There are really good devs out there though. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I hate stuttering in games, it's the most annoying thing in the world to me. Other than that I really have no issues to be honest.

Crashes don't just happen, unless the game is buggy, your overclock is too aggressive, or your drivers are buggy. All but the first is fixable.

My personal pet peeve is when I can't dial in my mouse sensitivity the way I like it. On many games, the slider doesn't go low enough and there is no easy way of doing small increases/decreases. On others, there's no easy way of using pure raw input, and that's the most frustrating.

on 4K sometimes you get good fps but it's still laggy :(

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Crashes don't just happen, unless the game is buggy, your overclock is too aggressive, or your drivers are buggy. All but the first is fixable.

My personal pet peeve is when I can't dial in my mouse sensitivity the way I like it. On many games, the slider doesn't go low enough and there is no easy way of doing small increases/decreases. On others, there's no easy way of using pure raw input, and that's the most frustrating.

With DA:O, I'm more inclined to say that the game is buggy. That, or it doesn't like Nvidia drivers. :(

To me it sounds like you are due for a clean install...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

To me it sounds like you are due for a clean install...

Really? The issues I've been having are confirmed by other players.

I don't have much issues, but its the Devs fault for the optimization issues. 

There are really good devs out there though. 

Yeah but all the good devs seem to stick to one platform if it be xbox one, ps4 or pc. So someone is getting shafted regardless.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Yeah but all the good devs seem to stick to one platform if it be xbox one, ps4 or pc. So someone is getting shafted regardless.

Or the companies, (Such as microsoft) put the devs on a contract. 

Or the companies, (Such as microsoft) put the devs on a contract. 

Sony and microsoft always do that. I want some naughty dog love on pc already. Dear god...maybe our eyes won't be ready for such a gorgeous game. We have not evolved enough.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Sony and microsoft always do that. I want some naughty dog love on pc already. Dear god...maybe our eyes won't be ready for such a gorgeous game. We have not evolved enough.

ThatGameCompany broke their Sony contract in 2012 and are still developing something for PC. I hope it will be good, considering that they have $14K.  

ThatGameCompany broke their Sony contract in 2012 and are still developing something for PC. I hope it will be good, considering that they have $14K.  

Then why are they still make a sony exclusive and I have yet to hear about a pc game from them, and what about $14k?

Then why are they still make a sony exclusive and I have yet to hear about a pc game from them, and what about $14k?

They made flOw, Flower, and Journey for Sony because the contract said they had to make 3 games. Then they crowdfunded after releasing Journey. 

They got $14K and said that they were going to develop for more platforms. And i'm guessing it's going to be on PC. 

They hate Microsoft. 

They made flOw, Flower, and Journey for Sony because the contract said they had to make 3 games. Then they crowdfunded after releasing Journey. 

They got $14K and said that they were going to develop for more platforms. And i'm guessing it's going to be on PC. 

They hate Microsoft. 

14k for a game is not really what I want from them. I want a true triple A from them, even if it's multiplat.

14k for a game is not really what I want from them. I want a true triple A from them, even if it's multiplat.

They have a small design team, we will see what they do.

They cannot do much, the artistic design of Journey was because they did not have enough staff or money to make a hyperrealistic game. 

you know, I really thought we were talking about naughty dog when you said Thatgamecompany after I brough them up. How did the conversation even take that direction?

you know, I really thought we were talking about naughty dog when you said Thatgamecompany after I brough them up. How did the conversation even take that direction?

*Facepalm* and I did not even notice.

Well. The mentioning of flOw, flower, and Journey with Sony was kinda of an indicator. 

1 thing that is annoying is when game developers make the same mistake twice. FarCry 3 & 4 for example. The PC version BOTH have the STUPID mouse acceleration that is just ANNOYING because it causes so much lag with your mouse. You have to go into the file and change the value to 0 yourself. THAT'S annoying.

Bugs that make it so you can't advance further in the game. WAIT WHAT? Didn't the devs test the game to make sure the whole game is playable before releasing a game? I guess not. SO, IDK how many of you have played Batman Arkham Origins but at the beginning of its release there was a bug where you couldn't get into a vent THAT WAS NEEDED TO ADVANCE THROUGH THE LEVEL. After awhile, they fixed the game but in the mean time I and others had to use a different bug/glitch that avoided that vent to be able to get to the next part of the map. Using a bug/glitch to get around a bug. WOW

Another annoying bug I encountered which I just told someone else how to fix is the stuttering in BF4. IT HAPPED EVERY 10 SECONDS! All that was needed to fix the stuttering was simply to diable Origin in game. THAT'S IT! Stupid.

Tearing and Stuttering is just such a PAIN! Always has but possibly won't be in the future thanks to variable refresh monitors. That will be my next expensive purchase for a monitor. One that HAS TO HAVE variable refresh. I'm hoping there will be a 120hz or higher refresh rate, at least 1440p, 24-32in I guess, and maybe OLED for how thin and sexy it is while supplying such great contrast and it should be able to get 120hz or high (idk if IPS will).

So my overall complaint, BUGS that can makes games unplayable.

It is always frustrating when fallout crashes for no reason....

And visual tearing is a big annoyance for me.

Halfbreed