Help with Graphics Card for my new mITX build

maskey

Hello,

Preface;

I'm trying to build a mini ITX system that is somewhat future proof for moderate gaming (ie the next 3-5 years). Money is not exactly tight, but I am recently married and expenses are going in different directions these days and I doubt buying a new GPU every couple years is in the cards.

I will be upgrading my current setup:

CPU: AMD 1055T

GPU: GTX 560

Memory: 8 gigs pc1333 RAM

PSU: Ocz 700w

Display: ASUS ProArt PA248Q

I will be keeping the display, storage and PSU as those are still fine. The RAM may be used in the new rig for a little while so that I can spend more on the main parts, with an eventual upgrade. Here's my build so far:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CCv223

Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

MSI Z97I Gaming AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard

Corsair 250D Mini ITX Tower Case

Question(s):

1. I would like an ITX video card and was thinking about either the Sapphire r285 or MSI GTX 760. If my monitor is only capable of 1080p at 60hz and I don't plan on upgrading for a few years, are these cards pretty future proof for 60FPS at high settings? Or should I spend the extra $100ish and upgrade to a Gigabyte GTC 970? I can also use my current graphics card for a while if you think waiting for AMD's 3xx series to start coming out and seeing where prices drop. I'm also intrigued by the GTX 960 and could possible wait too, assuming there is an ITX build.

2. Is the CPU fine for the foreseeable future? Or should I get a beefy I7?

Thanks in advance!

The i5 is enough. Change it to a 4690K.

But get a 970, IT'S TOTALLY WORTH IT.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

- snap -

The i7 only if you do editing and rendering, for gaming isn't worth it (get the 4690, k if u plan to oc but buy an aftermarket cooler, do NOT oc with the stock)... If you wanna wait for the 960 could turn out in time well spent, the 970 is much more powerful than a 285 (760 isnt as good as the 285) and the 970 will consume less power and will be cooler and quieter...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Sounds like consensus is i4690(k) and 970. Will do!

Also I forgot to mention that I am currently using a Corsair H50 with my cpu. It's been in use for a little over 3 years now. Assuming the bracket works with the i5, can I stick with this? Or would you recommend upgrading as well?

I don't plan on OCn, but if I have it why not use it right?

Sorry one last question. With my current build, would it make more sense to upgrade the mobo and cpu first and use my current graphics card, or get the new graphics card and upgrade the mobo/cpu later?

I'm going to try to split this up into two separate segments as i'm looking around $330 for the graphics card and $400ish for the cpu/mobo.

Thanks all!