Acer XB270HU: 1440p 144hz G-Sync. Competition for the Swift.

Gdourado

Price in Norway: 7500 NOK, fuck no thanks

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

If it had the same build quality, and thin bezels as the Swift I would get this to replace my LG 34UM95-P. Sadly it doesn't look as nice at all, and I won't buy the Swift as I don't want to downgrade to a TN.

Come on companies!

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

?? You're surprised...

The like the ROG Swift but IPS, what did you expect?

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

• 1 month later...

Expensive sure, but so was my Dell U2711 when I bought that, it was worth it then.

Ive already ordered this :)

Expensive sure, but so was my Dell U2711 when I bought that, it was worth it then.

This thread is pretty old now.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

If it had the same build quality, and thin bezels as the Swift I would get this to replace my LG 34UM95-P. Sadly it doesn't look as nice at all, and I won't buy the Swift as I don't want to downgrade to a TN.

Come on companies!

Do you not like 21:9?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Ot: Avatar!

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

GSYNC works with all display inputs whereas FreeSync is DP only.

Ummmmmmm... No. Gsync is DP only.

- snip-

The funny part was, that back then, Gsync only came with DP.

Do you not like 21:9?

It's great for work, although I wanted to try G-Sync and it was only available with 16:9, and you know what? G-Sync is glorious, I find it hard to play without it now.

I'm looking forward to IPS-like 21:9 in the future with G-Sync. One thing is for sure though, I'll not touch an Acer monitor considering their Dead Pixel policy for anything under 15 is not considered an issue.

It's great for work, although I wanted to try G-Sync and it was only available with 16:9, and you know what? G-Sync is glorious, I find it hard to play without it now.

I'm looking forward to IPS-like 21:9 in the future with G-Sync. One thing is for sure though, I'll not touch an Acer monitor considering their Dead Pixel policy for anything under 15 is not considered an issue.

Yeah, best of both worlds, would be nice. About the Acer model though, isn't 14 days return policy, an EU right? I know it is in Scandinavia, so you could just buy it, and if it's not 100% right, just return it?

Yeah, best of both worlds, would be nice. About the Acer model though, isn't 14 days return policy, an EU right? I know it is in Scandinavia, so you could just buy it, and if it's not 100% right, just return it?

During that return phase I need to pay for shipping myself, which means I lose money when ordering it, and when returning it.

Irish postage doesn't insure for more than €100, so I'd need to pay well over €100 for shipping back. Especially since I'll need to order from the UK or mainland EU.

So much time and money wasted just doesn't make it worth it to wait for a model from a more reputable manufacturer.

I should have clarified and said the plan was to expand to HDMI input as well, but ces la vivs, now it's done.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Bought mine from Amazon, got it within 3 days. Had 4 dead pixels and some massive light bleed on the lower right corner to the point of turning black images brown. Returned: free return, 2 day shipping and will get the replacement by Friday.

If you can, go through Amazon Prime.

For the limited time I did get to use it, I loved it. The image/color quality is amazing. I was definitely disappointed with the dead pixels and light bleed. I'm glad to have a replacement within a week and hope it has 0 issues. 

Anyone else have issue with the actual swivel not swiveling? When I lifted the monitor the base did rotate but it wouldn't when laid on my desk.

What i want to see is a price comptetition, i.e. the lower the more competitive !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

What i want to see is a price comptetition, i.e. the lower the more competitive !

This won't happen anytime soon, not with the supply and demand issues going on. Demand for both the Acer and Swift is extremely high right now and the supplies still aren't up to par. This will only get worse when Asus finally releases the 4k g-sync IPS teased at CES this year.

I do not see these displays going down in price until Freesync becomes more prevalent to foster competition between GPUs, until companies start offering even more g-sync enabled monitors that are IPS, QHD/UHD and over 120MHz, Nvidia decides to make g-sync open source so there is no license fee (don't see this happening any time soon) or when there is a universal sync type option that doesn't rely on a specific GPU brand.

This won't happen anytime soon, not with the supply and demand issues going on. Demand for both the Acer and Swift is extremely high right now and the supplies still aren't up to par. This will only get worse when Asus finally releases the 4k g-sync IPS teased at CES this year.

I do not see these displays going down in price until Freesync becomes more prevalent to foster competition between GPUs, until companies start offering even more g-sync enabled monitors that are IPS, QHD/UHD and over 120MHz, Nvidia decides to make g-sync open source so there is no license fee (don't see this happening any time soon) or when there is a universal sync type option that doesn't rely on a specific GPU brand.

Why u have to stomp over my dreams, sh*t on them and LirikSpit on them :'(

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Why u have to stomp over my dreams, sh*t on them and LirikSpit on them :'(

lol. sorry. Just being a realist here. I wish the market would flood with these monitors so prices would go down like they do for flat screen tv's. 4k debuted at around 4 grand or more depending on brand. Now you can get a 4k screen for 1500 or cheaper at 55+ inches. G-sync displays and computer monitors in general fall into two categories of customers: People who just want a screen and will buy whatever is cheapest and then those who know what they need/want and will pay a premium to get it be it for design, gaming, or now with IPS g-sync: hybrid uses.

Just got my replacement in today and Woot! No dead pixels that I can tell. I'll have to wait until tonight to see if the light bleed is as bad as the last panel's. Seriously the lower right corner was pretty much brown and images took on the hue.