Acer XB270HU: 1440p 144hz G-Sync. Competition for the Swift.

Gdourado

why are you digging up such an old thread?

Old thread? I was looking for news.... But for some reason this came up on the first page in yahoo... Lol sowwy...

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Old thread? I was looking for news.... But for some reason this came up on the first page in yahoo... Lol sowwy...

it's cool,  all the threads from the very start will come up in external search engines.  If that happens and you want to ask a question you can start a new thread.  Also if you are reading a thread and the information seems wrong, then it's a good idea to check the dates, because the information might have been right at the time of the post.   I don't if that's the case in this thread, but usually necro'd threads get locked so if you did have a question you may not have got an answer.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

it's cool,  all the threads from the very start will come up in external search engines.  If that happens and you want to ask a question you can start a new thread.  Also if you are reading a thread and the information seems wrong, then it's a good idea to check the dates, because the information might have been right at the time of the post.   I don't if that's the case in this thread, but usually necro'd threads get locked so if you did have a question you may not have got an answer.

Yeah thats the case here... I saw the dates are old when you told me... Ty

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

I genuinely want this and I wouldn't even be able to use G-sync. Bit pricey but this is the price I pay for a normal, 60hz 5ms TN 1440p panel on local stores so it might be a good option to import for sure.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I genuinely want this and I wouldn't even be able to use G-sync. Bit pricey but this is the price I pay for a normal, 60hz 5ms TN 1440p panel on local stores so it might be a good option to import for sure.

That's i think the best IPS gaming monitor you can get right now. I mean the rog swift has that pixel inversion and it is a TN. But the XB270HU...looks to me a monitor for the next 3-5 years, until we have the enough power to drive 4K at this high refresh rate of 120Hz... Im not saying we won't with something like Volta, but you will still need 2...which isn't nature friendly...

Linus already reviewed this monitor as its already on linus's vessel channel. Which means its coming to youtube soon....

Linus already reviewed this monitor as its already on linus's vessel channel. Which means its coming to youtube soon....

Yeah... That monitor is mine...but first I need to pass the damn exams in the end of this year :D 

And my sister gets an IPS monitor too...lol she'll love it.

Seeing as this is an IPS with better color reproduction, will it be it a true hybrid use monitor: good for gaming and web/graphic design? That's what I've been looking for and the reason I haven't picked up a new monitor yet.

What about the ASUS tease we saw at CES as well. When will we see that IPS g-sync display? Is the Acer the one to buy, or should I wait until summer?

This does look promising indeed, and is pretty much exactly what I had in mind when I set out to procure a new monitor a good month ago. I knew the tech was coming, but I ended up with a ROG Swift, and haven't regretted my choice, even with these fancy new monitors appearing on the market.

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

While these technologies get more improved, they need to be spread more across monitors. And by time 4K 144Hz comes I hope we will have something better than current panel types. TN bad quality, IPS bad response, AHVA is like both but still not good as any of the two.

I don't want those kind of compromises on future displays, specially cause paying premium.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

-snip-

Is it available in Portugal? (yet?)

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Seeing as this is an IPS with better color reproduction, will it be it a true hybrid use monitor: good for gaming and web/graphic design? That's what I've been looking for and the reason I haven't picked up a new monitor yet.

What about the ASUS tease we saw at CES as well. When will we see that IPS g-sync display? Is the Acer the one to buy, or should I wait until summer?

Well, you can wait for it, but have in mind that, A) 4K is so performance intensive, and there is no gpu on the market that can do 60fps constant. B) You need to look at it at a close viewing distance than 2" to see a difference. C) Price. It is expected $1000+ and I am sure there will be more monitors that will be coming out to compete with it, meaning, at launch it would be overpriced. And lastly, if you want to stay with high refresh rate, better get the Acer and wait for 144Hz 4K when DP1.3 comes to be supported by gpus and monitors.

Well, you can wait for it, but have in mind that, A) 4K is so performance intensive, and there is no gpu on the market that can do 60fps constant. B) You need to look at it at a close viewing distance than 2" to see a difference. C) Price. It is expected $1000+ and I am sure there will be more monitors that will be coming out to compete with it, meaning, at launch it would be overpriced. And lastly, if you want to stay with high refresh rate, better get the Acer and wait for 144Hz 4K when DP1.3 comes to be supported by gpus and monitors.

Thanks. So I guess the next question is, when is this available?

This does look promising indeed, and is pretty much exactly what I had in mind when I set out to procure a new monitor a good month ago. I knew the tech was coming, but I ended up with a ROG Swift, and haven't regretted my choice, even with these fancy new monitors appearing on the market.

Agreed. I just bought a ROG swift when I knew this monitor was coming out. I'm perfectly happy with my choice. The Asus is still faster by a bit but doesn't have as great of viewing angles.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

Agreed. I just bought a ROG swift when I knew this monitor was coming out. I'm perfectly happy with my choice. The Asus is still faster by a bit but doesn't have as great of viewing angles.

Or colours and features of IPS for $20 more lol.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Thanks. So I guess the next question is, when is this available?

Well the Acer should be shipping in April. But if you are asking about the ROG Swift 4K one, well, JJ said in Q3...which is about Aug-Sept.

Yeah I meant the Acer. Sweet. That will give me time to save up for the new monitor. 

Or colours and features of IPS for $20 more lol.

I feel like the Asus is built better with its metal stand and the matte bezels. I'm not saying the Acer isn't worth it. Technology keeps moving forward. In a few months, the Acer wont look so good either with other monitors out. What is the best now, is never the best later.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

GSYNC works with all display inputs whereas FreeSync is DP only.

Second, FreeSync still costs implementation money, even without royalties.

Not true.. Gsync is DP.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

The Swift is pretty close to PLS color quality if properly calibrated. I'm quite happy with mine, i rather have the lower latency rather than slightly better colors.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Did we ever find out about that DP 1.2 being capped at 114 FPS?  Because it seems interesting and the first I heard of it, but seems plausible.

The Swift is pretty close to PLS color quality if properly calibrated. I'm quite happy with mine, i rather have the lower latency rather than slightly better colors.

3ms GTG is the difference, not noticeable.

Also it's not quite PLS and PLS is not IPS.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

According to tft Central the ROG Swift has an average response time of 2.9ms. The Acer has an average of 5.5ms. This may not seem huge but this still makes the Asus the fastest to date for gaming monitors. The Asus also includes Nvidia 3D vision. This is probably why it costs a little more.

just watched the review

man this monitor is a total beast   :D 

but in love with 21:9 and I shall wait for one  :P

According to tft Central the ROG Swift has an average response time of 2.9ms. The Acer has an average of 5.5ms. This may not seem huge but this still makes the Asus the fastest to date for gaming monitors. The Asus also includes Nvidia 3D vision. This is probably why it costs a little more.

3D vision on 1440p is nearly impossible. Also microstutters when SLI. Id say save up for Oculus.

Asus is the fastest, but it's a TN. Acer would win, even with 5.5ms, still it's IPS. At 144Hz you need 6.9 ms and then you start to notice it. 5.5 or 2 or 1, it's still the same. No difference whatsoever. If you notice something, it's the framerate dips. Get a better GPU.