LinusTechTips @Folding Team - Important Info Inside

Hi there, any progress with that cards? I'd linke to know if anything good is coming from that :D

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I got a Core 2 Duo ULV running 24/7, and a i3 2100 sometimes. Just joined the team.
Welcome to the club!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Hi there, any progress with that cards? I'd linke to know if anything good is coming from that :D
Which cards?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Time to consolidate....

We were looking at the monitoring software (I use HFM.NET) and have been tracking results. I am now generating about 140K PPD. But, I am now running 8 systems and one virtual host to generated that. Why? Because I have a bunch of crappy units (Core2Duo, P4, etc.) with a single PCI-E slot. They just cannot generate a lot of PPD versus the amoutn of power and heat the draw. So, back to the drawing board... I think the new config will come down to this, which uses only my most powerfull systems with multiple PCI-E lanes, fully populated.

Scrapping my Hyper-V server. This is a Core i7 box that runs a voice system, firewall and the virtual folding host. I have two other folding PC's that can run the firewall and Voice seperately, just as well, generate a lot less heat then when they were folding, and allow me to then use the i7 exclusively for folding... This will also run two video cards..

My other i7, will be built up and scrap the the VMPlayer SMP folding and get it working with windows client folding and two video cards.

My "main" rig stays as is - folds on my two GPU's.

And finally, sourced a mobo with 3 PCI-E slots and a new CPU that should be here next week from NCIX that will then hold the remainder of my video cards and can scrap those old systems. Just to expensive for the heat and power they consume. Need to consolidate. :) Also using platinum PSU's so as to maximize my power efficiency.

Hopefully all this be done late next week and we shall see where I am PPD wise and if this all turns out to be a briliiant idea. :)

Also hoping those PCI-e x1 to x16 connectors come in the next two weeks. If those suckers work, I will be able to really cram in some GPU processing....

the 610 and 620 right?

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

GT 640 is earning me about 9K PPD and the GT 610 is only pulling about 3.5K. So unless you can get a 610 pretty cheap, not much benefit... Don't have a 620....

Right about the 620, i read wrong, no, i plan on buying a gigabyte gtx 650 ti the 2gb edition, i have a gt 440 borrowed atm :D, but already growing up in the chart

Iv never folded before but how much internet bandwidth dose folding use and I would prefer it if Linus or Slick made the team on their own.

Iv never folded before but how much internet bandwidth dose folding use and I would prefer it if Linus or Slick made the team on their own.
Folding uses a very small amount of bandwidth, maybe a MB or two every few hours. The only thing folding uses the internet for is to send and receive WU's (work units) to and from the Stanford servers. All of the actual work it done on you CPU or GPU locally. As for Linus or Slick making the team, it's kinda late for that now. Once the team is created no one is "in charge" of it, it's pretty much just a point pool. It would be awesome if they'd join us though.

"Wisdom III" AMD FX 8120 @ 4.1Ghz // Biostar TA990FXE // 16GB GeIL Black Dragon (8x2) // Saphire HD 7870 OC Edition // CORSAIR TX850M // Curcial M4 64GB (boot) // Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB (storage) // Cooler Master Hyper N 520 // Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Yep - minimal bandwidth - and they are both aware of the team. Slick has let me know they are pretty pleased with the progress the LTT Team has made. :)

Woot! We keep growing :)

tcert.php?u=223518&pts=8175963

Is there is Linus tech tip Boinc team?
No yet - but you are welcome to start one up and post a thread on it... The whole "Boinc" title on the sub forum is that Boinc seems to encompass most of them...

Pretty sad that I am last on the list even though i did 2 folds already...

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

We've just hit 10 million points! Congratz everyone :)

You will get there - the thing is to just keep at it. Just think, once we have hundreds of members, you will be in the top. :)

We've just hit 10 million points! Congratz everyone :)
WOOT! (10 char stuffing....)

Just wondering, if I OC my 3770 to 4.5ghz~, how much of a change of PPD do you think I would get?

La`~

Not sure - every system is different- Just make sure you can cope with the heat. The overclock will generate more and then Folding will generate even more on an overclocked CPU. :)

Almost under 1K rank ! amazing

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

yea i hope that happens...

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

We also hit: ! tcert.php?u=223518&pts=10354480

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Made my first 1 Million points!

certphp_zpsf335bd40.jpg

Congrats!!

Made my first 1 Million points!

certphp_zpsf335bd40.jpg

Grats!!! :)