LinusTechTips @Folding Team - Important Info Inside

My work job got expired today... Does it record all the previous stuff I did on that job or does it start all over again?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Nope - it is gone if it expired...They do that so people do download a WU, start, and never return it. Once expired, they reset it to be sent out again. Usually means your system was off to long or you need to boost your system to do more PPD...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Well, folding is more a personal choice. :) So I wouldn't expect any users to contribute if someone decided to run a 4P system, especially with maintenance costs. And no, all points have to be linked to a specific user account. It's a dream - maybe some day...
I would like to build myself a 4p system someday as well. Unfortunately do to my housing/ financial situation it's out of the question right now... It would be an awesome to build a rig with quad Opterons :)

"Wisdom III" AMD FX 8120 @ 4.1Ghz // Biostar TA990FXE // 16GB GeIL Black Dragon (8x2) // Saphire HD 7870 OC Edition // CORSAIR TX850M // Curcial M4 64GB (boot) // Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB (storage) // Cooler Master Hyper N 520 // Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Vrrrooommmm....

I am approaching the 2 million mark, Crispy and MetalGuy are hot on the 1 Million point mark and the team is about to push past 17 million points and about to break into the top 600 teams! Great to see 96 members now, so many of whom are actively adding points everyday!

Great job gang!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Wierd today I was folding at high ppd and it was going pretty quick at 40% but when I came back to check it out, it was 7%... I checked all my logs and couldn't find a completion of the job. Do you think it was a glitch?

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Not sure - are you certain it did not complete? Some WU are pretty small and quick to finish. In the LOG tab, you can click the check mark to only show slot specific items, this may help limit what you see to find the completion... but in the end, yes, maybe a calculation glitch, I have seen a slot on my GPU folding system get messed up once and a while and actually be running twice, as in folding two slots and WU's. Very weird...

WOOT, We're at rank 697!

Cas's spec's(800D):
3570k @ 4.7GHz
H100 Push/Pull SP120's
GTX 680 @ 1345MHZ w/ DWOOD Brack & Antec 620
16GB 1866MHz Dominator Platinum
ASRock z77 Extreme 6
128GB Vertex 4
2 x 1TB WD Caviar Blue
B/W sleeved Corsair HX1000

WOOT' date=' We're at rank 697![/quote']

:)

I have a GT 520 and my temps go to around 80-90 degrees when folding. Is there a way to make folding at home not that stressful for the gpu?

As far as I know, no. How's the airflow in your case because that card definitely looks like it would need a hand cooling itself if your folding with it.

In other news, I'm monitoring my 24/7 folding rig very carefully right now. After folding for about 1 week straight I came out to find it had shut off. Got it turned back on and switched to straight GPU folding for a bit. Came in, opened web browser on it and got a BSOD to quick to capture.

I've checked every component and nothing appears to be malfunctioning, ran 6 hours of Prime95 on it and all was well. I know it's not a power issue since my 965BE is only consuming 111W of the 125W rated on the board. Temps aren't a problem either from the looks of it. Have it back up and running fully after checking everything and I'm able to open a web-browser and monitoring software while folding as well now so I guess I'll check tomorrow morning and see what's what.

Cas's spec's(800D):
3570k @ 4.7GHz
H100 Push/Pull SP120's
ASRock z77 Extreme 6
128GB Vertex 4
2 x 1TB WD Caviar Blue

Very weird - sounds like something is unstable. Is hardware acceleration turned off in the browser? That can sometimes mess things up...

I have a GT 520 and my temps go to around 80-90 degrees when folding. Is there a way to make folding at home not that stressful for the gpu?

Have to make sure you have good airflow coming into and out of your case to get fresh air to that card. My 610 and 640 though also run in the 75+ range as well when folding.

So ya, woke up this morning and the machine was dead in the water again. No hardware acceleration in the browser or nothing. Also, I don't get the option when booting to windows to boot in safe mode like I normally do with BSOD errors so I'm really not sure what's going on.

Cas's spec's(800D):
3570k @ 4.7GHz
H100 Push/Pull SP120's
ASRock z77 Extreme 6
128GB Vertex 4
2 x 1TB WD Caviar Blue

Run for a few days with no folding - just to see. And your draw doesn't matter so much if you have overall a sketchy PSU. Have any extra's to test with? Are all your temps ok?

All the temps are fine, I don't have any extras laying around but my PSU is an OCZ GameXstream 850 that I bought on sale at ncix 4 years ago so chances are it might be going on me since the warranty was only 3 years.

Cas's spec's(800D):
3570k @ 4.7GHz
H100 Push/Pull SP120's
ASRock z77 Extreme 6
128GB Vertex 4
2 x 1TB WD Caviar Blue

Maybe :)

Update Post. :)

As posted above, we have broken the 20 Million Points mark!

Jimbob is almost at 3 million mark.

Randal keeps on coming, 1.5 million

Welcome Mentalguy to the 1 million + club, :)

Jonathan is almost there as well.

I just broke a 1000 WU mark - not sure why that's so high.

Current team rank is 652 with 100 members now!

I've been cranking out ~60k per day for a bit now, just passed 1/4 million today. should hit 1 million in just under 2 weeks!

I've been cranking out ~60k per day for a bit now' date=' just passed 1/4 million today. should hit 1 million in just under 2 weeks![/quote']

Awesome! Do you just have the one system?

About to Reach 2 Million XD

Congrats! :)

I've been cranking out ~60k per day for a bit now' date=' just passed 1/4 million today. should hit 1 million in just under 2 weeks![/quote']

Awesome! Do you just have the one system?

yep just running that one. I'm away from it for a while so I just left it to fold while I have my laptop

Bunch of members now in the million(s) of PPD and yesterday, we had over 50 active users with PPD submitted in 24hr period. That is very good! Congrats to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

[TABLE]

[TR]

Rank

Overall

Change

24hr

Change

7days

24hr Avg

Last 24hr

Last 7days

Update

Today

Week

Total

WUs

Total

[/TR]

[TR=class: alt1, bgcolor: #ffffff]

[TD=align: right]

496[/TD]

+6 up.gif[/TD]

+48 up.gif[/TD]

584,199[/TD]

611,475[/TD]

4,089,390[/TD]

67,767[/TD]

0[/TD]

2,910,374[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #efefef, align: right]

31,349,926[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #efefef, align: right]

8,503[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Well gang - some nice numbers. We did it, we broke the TOP 500 teams, out of over 21,000+, and averaging over half a million PPD. :)