PC Video Game market estimated to reach $30.7 Billion by 2017

The online PC gaming industry will grow from $24.4 billion this year up to an estimated $30.7 billion in 2017, the performance marketing agency Ad2Games and analyst firm Newzoo recently reported.

The PC and MMO game market will account for 31 percent of international video game revenue, with Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America expected to see 95 percent of growth over the next three years.

The sector will see 7.9 percent year-over-year growth over the next three years, while free-to-play video games continue to woo new gamers. 

"The games industry continues to be extremely dynamic," said Johannes Rolf, Ad2Games chief marketing officer and managing director, in a statement. "It is crucial to understand current and future developments, especially around user acquisition. With the experts from Newzoo, we are able to provide key insights that show what is currently happening and how things will develop in the years to come."

Source: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/41246/ad2games-video-game-market-estimated-to-reach-30-7b-by-2017/index.html

Can't believe people still saying PC gaming or PC's in general are dead or dying. With numbers like these that cannot even be a question anymore. We are here to stay, and we are only growing! Have to give a big thanks to our Free to Play and MMO players though, they are seriously assisting these numbers. 

$30,700,000,000 meh, pocket change.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

The crazy thing is when you think about how much of that money flows through steam. Valve is just raking it in.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Since most of that is because of MMORPG and Battle Arena games I'm not impressed.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

Since most of that is because of MMORPG and Battle Arena games I'm not impressed.

screw mobas

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Though because it is some what difficult to transfer these game types to consoles, the PC will probably hold onto these markets.

$30B you say? So I wonder who is right?

http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2614915

I kinda lean toward gartner more as they are not industry specific.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The crazy thing is when you think about how much of that money flows through steam. Valve is just raking it in.

Yet Valve is valued 3 billion at most. They don't have a monopoly as most people think.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

$30B you say? So I wonder who is right?

http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2614915

I kinda lean toward gartner more as they are not industry specific.

What are you trying to say?

That article is over a year old, it has near-matching numbers and it estimated PC gaming to grow roughly 7-9% per year. It was wrong and PC gaming got a big bump yet again. With consoles falling flat on their faces, a $30B estimate due to market transition over the next ~2-3 years is definitely not out of the question.

This is me assuming you weren't meaning "Gartner says $90B, yo" with that post when that number encompassed the entire gaming industry. Not sure you even looked for more than a second at that article.

What are you trying to say?

That article is over a year old, it has near-matching numbers and it estimated PC gaming to grow roughly 7-9% per year. It was wrong and PC gaming got a big bump yet again. With consoles falling flat on their faces, a $30B estimate due to market transition over the next ~2-3 years is definitely not out of the question.

This is me assuming you weren't meaning "Gartner says $90B, yo" with that post when that number encompassed the entire gaming industry. Not sure you even looked for more than a second at that article.

No I fucked up, I thought the article you linked said something different. :wacko:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

snip

This made my day!

Anyways, I love this. PC gaming is getting more and more popular. This will benefit the platform.

that, was the best thing I've seen all week.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Yet Valve is valued 3 billion at most. They don't have a monopoly as most people think.

Well yeah, it's not like the're taking all that money. Just a percentage of it.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|