inter-PC master race wars

asim1999

No i do not want to start on anyone so here is my story:

a guy in my class who has a 2 year old Samsung gamer series 7 (ivybridge i7 3610qm, GTX 675M, 16GB RAM) starts on me for no reason cos he thinks that his laptop is better than my Desktop and his mates start laughing at me in his favour cos they think his laptop is better than mine. I DID NOT start on him, retard comes right up in my face and starts boasting. He says that just cos he has some more RAM that it is better. And he says that he uses triple monitors (excluding he laptop one so four). How the heck can he do that with such an old laptop? just cos it cost him £1500 when he got it 2 years ago he thinks it is the best thing in the world and says a 6 core i7 and GTX 980 (which i have) is crap.

So how do i get a comeback and convince him that he is wrong?

Sorry for my rant, didn't want to offend anyone (PC,Laptop,Console)

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Have a benchmark war.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Benchmark and rekt him on ultra nonetheless

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Sounds like he just wants to bully you and trying to hit where it hurts. Or he's like Jon Snow and knows nothing :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Tell him to grow the fuck up and learn something about computers

i tried but he slapped my phone out of my hand when it tried to show him some benchmarks and he says he knows everything about computers. When i tried to ask him a simple question about computers he started laughing and woudnt let me speak. 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

smirk like you know something he doesnt and walk away, it will eat on him

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

His laptop's CPU is lucky to hit your base freq, let alone your turbo freq, and his cores are probably weaker (what i7 did you have?). And his GPU is going to be lucky to have 60% of the frequencies you can get to on your GPU.

The person whom you are describing someone who just lacks knowledge of computers as it would seem.

Just point out the differences between laptops and desktops in general, that is alone enough. Otherwise you shouldn't need to do anything but get a few words out, this isn't about you getting your facts straight, this is about you getting the message to him.

Tell him to shut his stupid mouth so it doesn't foam over, then calmly explain.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

i tried but he slapped my phone out of my hand when it tried to show him some benchmarks and he says he knows everything about computers. When i tried to ask him a simple question about computers he started laughing and woudnt let me speak. 

Then don't talk to him, he's incredibly immature. For some reason people become so attached to the things they buy and if somebody tries to tell them they're wrong, they get incredibly defensive. 

For example, some people criticize me for suggesting against a Kingston V300, guess what most of those people own? A Kingston V300. So do I, and it sucks compared to other current items. But they continue to defend it because they want to justify their purchase.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

smirk like you know something he doesnt and walk away, it will eat on him

or just our right ignore him he is only after the reaction don't give him one.

I would just smash him into next week.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

His laptop's CPU is lucky to hit your base freq, let alone your turbo freq, and his cores are probably weaker (what i7 did you have?). And his GPU is going to be lucky to have 60% of the frequencies you can get to on your GPU.

The person whom you are describing someone who just lacks knowledge of computers as it would seem.

Just point out the differences between laptops and desktops in general, that is alone enough. Otherwise you shouldn't need to do anything but get a few words out, this isn't about you getting your facts straight, this is about you getting the message to him.

Tell him to shut his stupid mouth so it doesn't foam over, then calmly explain.

i have a 5820K. Planning to overclock it using the new X99 Overlcocking guide by linus

Laptop fanboys are to be avoided at all costs, they are no better than console peasants. Trading performance and increased cost for a specific and limited form factor.

Just tell him that. "Compared to my desktop, you are no better than a console peasant, now go put a fan under your shit because I smell burning plastic."

i have a 5820K. Planning to overclock it using the new X99 Overlcocking guide by linus

If he really thinks his laptop is better than an X99 platform, he's a fucking retard.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You are 2 generations ahead of him in CPU and GPU tech....Where is his logic?

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Then don't talk to him, he's incredibly immature. For some reason people become so attached to the things they buy and if somebody tries to tell them they're wrong, they get incredibly defensive. 

For example, some people criticize me for suggesting against a Kingston V300, guess what most of those people own? A Kingston V300. So do I, and it sucks compared to other current items. But they continue to defend it because they want to justify their purchase.

yeah i agree. MX100 is a beast. My uncle upgraded his laptop with the 256GB one.

-snip

How exactly does he start on you? 

Why just not talk to him. 

We have a limited life span, don't waste it on morons. If being deluded gives him a hard on, let him have it and ignore it, just enjoy your desktop. 

Literally the person you described..this just comes to mind..

how-i-see-them_o_1817631.jpg

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Who cares, kid?

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Why would you even bother? You might as well start comparing penis sizes.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

HAAHAHAHH hhahahah this made me laugh so make him proove it detailed  or do a benchmark if he refuses tell him that he knowes he will lose btw. i hate retarded pricks like this guy in ur class

I didn't know what to put here...

Laptop fanboys are to be avoided at all costs, they are no better than console peasants. Trading performance and increased cost for a specific and limited form factor.

Just tell him that. "Compared to my desktop, you are no better than a console peasant, now go put a fan under your shit because I smell burning plastic."

If he really thinks his laptop is better than an X99 platform, he's a fucking retard.

The laptop.. after attempting to play minesweeper: 

Burning-laptop-o.gif

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

The laptop.. after attempting to play minesweeper: 

Burning-laptop-o.gif

This. Challenge him to Minesweeper on max settings, and laugh as his POS freezes up.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

or just our right ignore him he is only after the reaction don't give him one.

I would just smash him into next week.

hmm yes, sometimes(most of the times) it's the smartest thing to do, stay silent(people hate that for some reason)

but i guess i would do the same as you within certain time

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Just fist fight him, and when his friends jump in, kick their a$$ too.  Then have benchmarks in your back pocket and throw them on his face.  After that, say,"I beat you with my brain and my fists son. You are now thoroughly owned. Where does life go for you from here?." But don't wait around for the answer, just walk away throwing up fake gang signs.