ESO Will Be On PS4 + Xbox One.

Aps

Big news from E3: The Elder Scrolls Online is coming to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One! Celebrate this announcement with us by watching our new gameplay trailer:

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2013/06/10/eso-on-next-gen-consoles-and-new-gameplay-trailer

It was announced at E3, I think this is a terrible idea. What do you all think?

Big news from E3: The Elder Scrolls Online is coming to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One! Celebrate this announcement with us by watching our new gameplay trailer:

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2013/06/10/eso-on-next-gen-consoles-and-new-gameplay-trailer

It was announced at E3, I think this is a terrible idea. What do you all think?

not the PC?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

not the PC?

PC, Mac, PS4, XB1

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I highly doubt that the servers will be connected, honestly I hate the idea but it may work? I'm buying anyway. If its like skyrim, it may just work if they can sort the servers out. 

Was thinking about this during the live stream, if it is truely an MMO you cant really allow texture mods, so one great aspect of skyrim is gone, and in all honesty I played skyrim with a controller, because I felt it was more laid back. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

No No No!!!! Why?!?! Why would you want to bring a game like this to the console? Do you know if its going to be connected to the pc multiplayer?

I highly doubt it

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

so if next gen consoles support MMO that are P2P then would The Crew be a P2P MMO? since my logic for it not being a P2P MMO was that it was on consoles..... also TESO on consoles is terrible news for PC elitist while excellent news for dirty console peasants that like TES but aren't intelligent enough to buy a decent PC which would end up being cheaper than a console.

I'm thinking it will either be like this

connected servers for...

xbone and ps4

mac and pc

i dont think pc and console will combine, there just to much advantage/disadvantage for people for that to happen

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

No No No!!!! Why?!?! Why would you want to bring a game like this to the console? Do you know if its going to be connected to the pc multiplayer?

Probably because they want to make lots of $$$. Can't blame them. Is there even a good reason consolites shouldn't get this? I highly doubt the online worlds will be cross platform, but I haven't seen any announcements addressing it.

Has any game ever had the multiplayer accessible by multiple platforms? Namely Sony and MS?

Probably because they want to make lots of $$$. Can't blame them. Is there even a good reason consolites shouldn't get this? I highly doubt the online worlds will be cross platform, but I haven't seen any announcements addressing it.

Has any game ever had the multiplayer accessible by multiple platforms? Namely Sony and MS?

I can't blame they because they are a business of course and their goal is to make money and keep their doors open. Also I don't believe there have ever been any cross-platform games ever besides games that could be cross-platform for like 3ds and wii u or ps vita and ps4 

Just when I thought coming back to MMORPG's since the era of the great "Ragnarok Online" in our country. Well, anyway, I still would get this for my gaming PC.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

I'm thinking it will either be like this

connected servers for...

xbone and ps4

mac and pc

i dont think pc and console will combine, there just to much advantage/disadvantage for people for that to happen

An advantage in a MMO? Like turning faster?

There are to many games coming out that just seem so much better than TES:O. Plus i'm not a fan on the series anyways. I'm looking forward to some of the games Ubisoft has coming out.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Mac to? Well whatever I'm still more concerned about the whole console thing. If the multiplayers are connected then that could really hold the pc version back from its full potential.

how? 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

how? 

The new consoles still aren't as good as a gaming pc and if the game was multi platform then you would have to dumb the game down more for the console versions there by dumbing the game down for all.

The new consoles still aren't as good as a gaming pc and if the game was multi platform then you would have to dumb the game down more for the console versions there by dumbing the game down for all.

How can you dumb down ESO? It has a small number of abilities you can have active so you don't need a keyboard to have all your commands/macros set up. 

Both the new consoles will be using an x86 architecture which basically makes them locked down computers. This means that making the game run on the xbox and playstation will just be a matter of locking the games at lower graphical settings to achieve a certain acceptable fps threshold.

There should be no excuse for forcing PC gamers to run the games at the same settings as on the consoles. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

How can you dumb down ESO? It has a small number of abilities you can have active so you don't need a keyboard to have all your commands/macros set up. 

Well they could make it so the pc has to play the game at lower frame rates so that the consoles can keep up.

Well they could make it so the pc has to play the game at lower frame rates so that the consoles can keep up.

Like ConfusedDolphin said these are brand new systems. They have decent hardware and are a 64bit OS. Like any game there are different graphical levels. XB1/PS4 will be at medium and PC can go from low to ultra. These consoles are going to help push the graphics forward for the first year and a half / 2 years than some games will start to hold back pc.

I just hope that is the case.

Was thinking about this during the live stream, if it is truely an MMO you cant really allow texture mods, so one great aspect of skyrim is gone, and in all honesty I played skyrim with a controller, because I felt it was more laid back. 

I believe Slick said texture mods should be allowed although probably they'd have to undergo some sort of verification by Bethesda. That said very little is known at this stage.

I only hope UI looks decent on PC, Skyrim's UI was just complete and utter crap especially using mouse, SkyUI on the other hand was gorgeous, functional and full of features, they're still working on implementing new ones, but I doubt such mods would be allowed.

The game will not be cross platform, if anyone was wondering.