I NEED HELP! LIKE NOW! URGENT!

anthonytran7757

also if it doesn't work how can i individually check if components work? because i only have one of everything and i don't have a separate computer to test things on.

how do you clean off the CPU and heatsink and re apply thermal paste???? i'll be picking the cleaner and paste up tomorrow and i was hopping to attempt to piece my computer back together in hopes that its not permanently damaged.

The instructions to removing thermal paste will be on the bottles. But, take some kind of coffee filter or something like that, put some of the stuff on(the first step stuff), and wipe it off until there's nothing left. Then use the second step left in the same way to make sure it's all off. Goes for both CPU and the cooler.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The instructions to removing thermal paste will be on the bottles. But, take some kind of coffee filter or something like that, put some of the stuff on(the first step stuff), and wipe it off until there's nothing left. Then use the second step left in the same way to make sure it's all off. Goes for both CPU and the cooler.

alright sounds good! you'll be hearing more about the status of my computer tomorrow :D

What type of cleaner and TIM did you get ?

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Great..so take a clean lint free cloth..like a microfiber paper towel will leave stuff behind..coffee filters will work. Put some of the cleaner on the rag..with your finger, dab this on the old TIM. DO not push it ..just dampen the TIM..and let it work for a few moments..it will loosen .

i already finished doing that cuz i was too eager and forgot to post on the forum :D

You will see the TIM change to a lighter gray . You can remove a layer of TIM..but be careful not to smear the TIM onto the PCB of your CPU.. 

LOl..Great to hear.. :D

Have you installed the CPU and TIM yet..?

Looks good..

Is the Mb in the case...?..make sure that you do not have any power connected..ground your self and drop the cpu in...

Is the Mb in the case...?..make sure that you do not have any power connected..ground your self and drop the cpu in...

do i plug it all in again?

do i plug it all in again?

Put the CPU in the socket, (make sure you're grounded)put some TIM on(pea size or line down the middle) and the cooler, and then connect all power supply cables to the motherboard that you'll need. (right now, just CPU power and motherboard power.) Then finally, plug the PSU into the wall and turn it on. And then short out the power pins with a flathead screwdriver.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Did you check the CPU socket..? Do not put any power to the MB..once you have the CPU in ..put a pea sized drop of MX2 on the center of CPU..take your cooler and install that..

Put the CPU in the socket, (make sure you're grounded)put the TIM on and the cooler, and then connect all power supply cables to the motherboard that you'll need. (right now, just CPU power and motherboard power.) Then finally, plug the PSU into the wall and turn it on. And then short out the power pins with a flathead screwdriver.

how much TIM do i put on the CPU?

how much TIM do i put on the CPU?

I edited my post. Pea size or line down the middle.

Once you have the cooler installed...pull it off again and send a photo of the CPU...please..

Once you have the cooler installed...pull it off again and send a photo of the CPU...please..

Oh right. Do that too.