I NEED HELP! LIKE NOW! URGENT!

anthonytran7757

this is really weird though.... my power supply on my computer doesn't work, my sister's power supply on my computer doesn't work, my power supply on her computer doesn't work, but her power supply on her computer works.. so theoretically speaking shouldn't her power supply work on my computer?

PSU and motherboard issue?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

so we can basically conclude that the PSU is dead for sure now right?

so we can basically conclude that the PSU is dead for sure now right?

I'd almost say the mobo too.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Sounds like it is a complete system failure.... :( ..loss of a PSU..and no boot with a PSU that works..going to have to try the CPU to see if it functions..but I have less and less confidence that it will work..

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Sounds like it is a complete system failure....  :( ..loss of a PSU..and no boot with a PSU that works..going to have to try the CPU to see if it functions..but I have less and less confidence that it will work..

i may be able to borrow my friend's motherboard. if mt CPU is dead, and i try to turn on my computer with my friends motherboard, will it damage my friends motherboard?

i may be able to borrow my friend's motherboard. if mt CPU is dead, and i try to turn on my computer with my friends motherboard, will it damage my friends motherboard?

No.

oh gosh.... my parents really aren't gonna like this........

What?

Should not harm his MB..just swap his CPU with yours..and see if it boots..do not let it go to POST.

Should not harm his MB..just swap his CPU with yours..and see if it boots..do not let it go to POST.

oh he just has a bare motherboard right now. he hasn't built his computer yet.

OK..so put your CPU in his MB and see if it boots...

may as well try your GPU as well..

pray...to the god of technology.

aka Linus

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

OK..so put your CPU in his MB and see if it boots...

okay ill try that

Good luck..I hope that with your friends help you can sort out what is OK . Sorry..for all the troubles you have been having.. :(

Good luck..I hope that with your friends help you can sort out what is OK . Sorry..for all the troubles you have been having..  :(

lets hope at least something works Q_Q

first bit of good news in the last little while! my GPU is fine :D i put it into my sister's computer and i worked! :D

Pray to the god of silicon.

pray to linus

When water gets on your mobo, it becomes conductive which shocks the mobo. That is also the reason why you don't put components on TOP of the anti-static bag because you can risk shocking it.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

When water gets on your mobo, it becomes conductive which shocks the mobo. That is also the reason why you don't put components on TOP of the anti-static bag because you can risk shocking it.

Water can become conductive. Pure water is not conductive, but water coming from a faucet has minerals that are conductive.

Glad you have a working GPU..!!!

Water can become conductive. Pure water is not conductive, but water coming from a faucet has minerals that are conductive.

so im guessing water that comes from washing my grapes is conductive.... haha :D

Glad you have a working GPU..!!!

me too, it kinda almost made my day.

If your sister is on board with the whole "help your brother out"..this could be a good opportunity to check that your RAM and HDD are Ok as well...just  plug the HDD in and boot to your (sisters') BIOS..check to see if the drive is recognized and that the SMART data looks good...The DIMM's can be tested with a bootable memtest..(here. http://www.memtest.org/#downiso). 

If your sister is on board with the whole "help your brother out"..this could be a good opportunity to check that your RAM and HDD are Ok as well...just  plug the HDD in and boot to your (sisters') BIOS..check to see if the drive is recognized and that the SMART data looks good...The DIMM's can be tested with a bootable memtest..(here. http://www.memtest.org/#downiso).

oh yeah i forgot to post this as well! my hard drive works too :D i had to pull some of my homework out of it the day the computer shut down. so my hard drive works :D and i can't check my ram because my sister's computer is relatively old and she uses DDR2 memory