I NEED HELP! LIKE NOW! URGENT!

anthonytran7757

err..... more like 11:30

Did my math wrong. But you're close to the next day. So the next day should be good.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Thermal Interface Material..T.I.M..sorry..In a tower case the MB has the socket in a vertical plane relative to the base..A desktop case has the socket in a horizontal plane relative to the base..

OH okay so i'll have to go pick some of that cleaner stuff up (luckily godlygamer23 showed me some of that stuff) and my mother board is oriented vertically in a tower case.

Did my math wrong. But you're close to the next day. So the next day should be good.

alright sounds good  :D ill try it out as soon as i can get my hands on some of that gray thermal gooey stuff 

You will need to go slow. Get your TIM cleaner and some thermal paste..clean up the CPU and check every part of your MB,GPU and PSU. You will want to see if there is any corrosion on the surface of the MB. The CPU socket will need to be look at very carefully for any discolored pins.Do you have a tower case or desktop case ?

what would the discolouration look like? and what colour would the pins on the CPU socket turn into?

Well the gold pins will look like un polished brass..instead of bright yellow they may have a darker orange look...Water on the MB may leave a whitish/grey mark..

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Well the gold pins will look like un polished brass..instead of bright yellow they may have a darker orange look...Water on the MB may leave a whitish/grey mark..

alright ill have a look. what happens if there is discolouration?

how about this?http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=10715&promoid=1288

is this any good? 

Well it is the best TIM..in my opinion ..but it is conductive and on a Intel chip it can get into the works and short things out...sort of what we hope has not happened..

Well it is the best TIM..in my opinion ..but it is conductive and on a Intel chip it can get into the works and short things out...sort of what we hope has not happened..

alright i guess i shouldn't cheap out and get something that could potentially create more problems >_>

wait... hold on i just read a little more on the arctic silver 5 and it says its not conductive, but it can cause problems if it touches anything... so is it safe?

Not at all..the problems only arise when the AC5 is applied in a improper manner..If you have to get it..get it..

Not at all..the problems only arise when the AC5 is applied in a improper manner..If you have to get it..get it..

okay, you know what i'll just get the MX-2 because it just seems like a safer option considering i know absolutely nothing about this and you do so.. ya haha

Do not stress about it..get what you can afford..when you are ready..we will be here to walk you through it all..step by step..OK   :)

alright sounds good. err..... this may not happen until after wednesday because i have finals for school that i need to study for so... this section in the forum might be dead for a little while unless someone else decides to post besides me asking a whole bunch of questions..... so ya. :D

If you post in this thread it will send a notice to all who have responded so far..maybe the moderators can setup a area for this type of work..?? Good luck with your finals !! 

If you post in this thread it will send a notice to all who have responded so far..maybe the moderators can setup a area for this type of work..?? Good luck with your finals !! 

maybe they should! and thanks for all your help!

You can wash motherboards in the dish washer -.- As long as they are dry when powered, it is fine.

Your board was on when the water hit, good chance you are screwed.

is my motherboard supposed to have these weird dark spots?

It's not pretty but it's ok.

errr lemme find em

That isn't the worst Tim job but it's realllly bad.

Your board was on when the water hit, good chance you are screwed.

how much water is enough to get you screwed?

how much water is enough to get you screwed?

It's not about how much, but where.

I've had drinks spill on keyboards (this one had a motherboard) and it would spam letters until about 24 hours later. After that they worked like new, no problems since.

It's not about how much, but where.

couple drops over the CPU socket sadly

you can use alcohol around the DIMM area if it's wet .... than polish the heatsink with other alcohol and put some thermal paste on it than let it drop for about 12-24 hr and than try to start with only the necessary components to start to prevent more wattage ..... another thing you can do during the wait is to test the RAm into another computer and all the other parts you suspected to die ..... bye 

Do any boards detect moisture and automatically shut off as a counter measure?

not that i've heard of but that could be true i guess? doubtful though

how do you clean off the CPU and heatsink and re apply thermal paste???? i'll be picking the cleaner and paste up tomorrow and i was hopping to attempt to piece my computer back together in hopes that its not permanently damaged.