NCIX Price-Match: How To Effectively Save Money

iruixos

NCIX Price-Match: How To Effectively Save Money

Price Match FAQ page

Hi all,

So I don't know how many people know of and use this tactic while searching for the best deals, but here's what I do:

---------------
Step 1)
Find the product you want on NCIX's website.
Example: http://www.ncix.ca/products/?sku=75201&vpn=N660TI%20PE%202GD5%2FOC&manufacture=MSI%2FMicroStar&promoid=1366

Step 2)
Let's say you want to purchase this product, but you feel it could be cheaper somewhere else.

Step 3)
Locate the Part # underneath the Product Weight information on the far right hand side
Example:

captur2.png

Step 4)
Go to http://www.shopbot.ca and paste the Part # into the search box.
Example: http://www.shopbot.ca/m/?m=N660TI+PE+2GD5%2FOC

Step 5)
Find the cheapest price, and copy that URL
Example: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12980BD5873&vpn=N660TI%20PE%202GD5/OC&manufacture=MSI/MICROSTAR

** Double-check each page as the prices are not always up-to-date **

Step 6)
Back to NCIX, after adding your desired product to Your Card, scroll down and click on the Start Price Match button.

Step 7)
Enter in the price you found and the URL you copied.

** Savings may vary per product, but I've found I usually save anywhere from $15 - $40 **

Step 8)
After completing your purchase, your Price Match Request will be reviewed by NCIX. If all is well, it'll be accepted fairly quickly.
---------------

I hope this helps some people save some money (which they can spend on more things at NCIX :P)

Also, please remember to use the price BEFORE Mail-in rebates, or else the request will likely be denied. :P

Happy shopping!

Edited by Vettexl

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Nice write up!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I assume that price matches aren't likely to be accepted for promo code sales, such as from newegg?

I assume that price matches aren't likely to be accepted for promo code sales, such as from newegg?
Doubtful, most companies won't match promos/sales/combos from other companies, only the normal cost, which sucks.

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

I wish more companies in the UK did price matches. One I walked out of a shop because they refused to drop their price by £5 on a £80 psu.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Honestly, I am a loyal NCIX customer and I have ordered over 2K in parts for builds and upgrades, but, lately I am starting to go to MemoryExpress more frequently due to their 25% price beat guarantee and it works with Limited Quantity (at least for my orders YMMV). Which is a shame because I really like NCIX and when I used to live in Vancity I used to go to the physical store to buy stuff.

Also I find that PcPartpicker works better and you can check compatibility as well.

Thanks for posting this OP, very helpful.

Thanks for posting it just used it and they had a fast reply in my price match that i requested yesterday night.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Humm wonder if linus will delete this post.

CPU: Intel i7-3930k @4.2GHz,  Motherboard: Asus X79 Sabertooth, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100, Case: Corsair 600t, RAM: 8x4GB Corsair Vengance Black 1600mhz CL9, GPU: Gigabyte 6870OC ,PSU: Corsair AX1200 ,Boot Drive: Sandisk Extream 240GB ,Game Drive: OCZ Agility 3 120GB ,Storage Drive - 1: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ,Storage Drive - 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB ,Ram Cooler: 2x Kingston HyperX Memory Cooler (Blue)

I don't think so. Every person who likes NCIX for their costumer service and support will always buy there.

I can't wait for Jimmy Newbie to start sending Linus PM's on his order issue :D

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Just thought I should add. I was upgrading my computer a couple months ago but NCIX.us didn't want to pricematch Newegg and Amazon because of unreliable source or something. At least NCIX has great selection of hard to find parts though!

La`~

Pricebat.ca is also useful, sometimes I find stuff cheaper than at shopbot (also vice versa)

and redflagdeals is a good place to check as well

Why would he do that?

Refer to @ChalupaBatman's comment.

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly, I am a loyal NCIX customer and I have ordered over 2K in parts for builds and upgrades, but, lately I am starting to go to MemoryExpress more frequently due to their 25% price beat guarantee and it works with Limited Quantity (at least for my orders YMMV). Which is a shame because I really like NCIX and when I used to live in Vancity I used to go to the physical store to buy stuff.

Also I find that PcPartpicker works better and you can check compatibility as well.

All of my yep. The price beat is pretty amazing.

No reason to. Ncix openly advertises price matching

Does anyone know of a site like shopbot for USA customers?

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

• 3 weeks later...
does ncix pricematch with microcenter?

If they're in Canada or price in Canadian dollars then I don't see why not.