New High-end Gaming and 3D modelling PC build

Hi all.

I have been working on selecting parts for my new PC rig. Below is a link to the current pc parts picker i have created.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MNfZGX

If anyone has suggestions for better parts for about the same price, I would be very grateful to read your feedback.

My budget should be around $2000, but I do live in South Africa, so paying for shipping will be quite the issue, thus I hope to keep it under $2000.

I will be using the rig for intensive gaming, 3D modelling, image editing and creation as well as video editing. I do plan to overclock the CPU to 4.6GHz or there about.

Any feedback is welcome and will be put to use!

I would suggest the EVGA Supernova G2 750W power supply over the Corsair if you can get one. Also you might be able to get some faster Ram for the same price. I would be aiming for 2133MHz if it was my pc.

Some changes made for my personal preference if this were to be my build..

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($72.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($349.89 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1350.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-17 15:06 EST-0500

I find that the MSI solution is a slightly better option as it has 2 more SATA 6GB/s ports and I have no need for a SATA Express.

The GPU I think is a matter of taste and I prefer the MSI version as I am going with a Red.Black build.

The case, again, a very personal choice, plus I would prefer a full tower.

As for the PSU, why the EVGA one? 

Storage wise, a single hybrid drive is as much as I need storage wise as I have a large NAS and they're pretty fast anyway.

The RAM however is a very interesting option. Thank you.

I would suggest the EVGA Supernova G2 750W power supply over the Corsair if you can get one.

Why is that?  :)

I find that the MSI solution is a slightly better option as it has 2 more SATA 6GB/s ports and I have no need for a SATA Express.

The GPU I think is a matter of taste and I prefer the MSI version as I am going with a Red.Black build.

The case, again, a very personal choice, plus I would prefer a full tower.

As for the PSU, why the EVGA one? 

Storage wise, a single hybrid drive is as much as I need storage wise as I have a large NAS and they're pretty fast anyway.

The RAM however is a very interesting option. Thank you.

You are very correct, GPU are very much a personal chocie as well as the case...

As I stated, it was changes based on my personal preference.

The ram, since you are doing more intensive workload, faster ram can benefit you and I think that the HyperX Fury are the best bang for the buck ...Yes there are other option out there such as G.Skill Ripjaw Z or Corsair Vengance Pro, but its what I recommend, 

And for PSU, I own a RM 750, it does what I needs to do..but the RM series from Corsair isn't the best and their are other better options out there...

The system would have significantly better performance with an ssd (preferably ~250GB, ~120GB would be ok) and a 7200 rpm hdd.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Some changes made for my personal preference if this were to be my build..

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($72.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($349.89 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1350.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-17 15:06 EST-0500

+1