Can I boot without cooling?

relwof

I have my custom water cooled build ready but I am waiting for GPU's. Can I boot and setup the rig without any cooling except the EK water block with no coolant running through the system. I am looking at booting up and then puting windows 8 on it and then shutting down?

Thanks

Relwof

I would not do that... You can however just use the stock cooler which should come with your CPU to setup and test the system which you should be doing anyway. Don't want to put all that work and find that a part die do you

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

I have my custom water cooled build ready but I am waiting for GPU's. Can I boot and setup the rig without any cooling except the EK water block with no coolant running through the system. I am looking at booting up and then puting windows 8 on it and then shutting down?

Thanks

Relwof

try before setting everything up with stock coolers uless it is already set up then you could do that but you would have to fill the system its not the best idea

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I probably wouldnt go as far as to install windows

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Okay, thanks. I will wait for the GPU's and install the water cooling

Okay, thanks. I will wait for the GPU's and install the water cooling

Nevermind, noticed it's a CPU that doesn't come with iGPU or a stock cooler.

It's a shame that build has to have a Corsair RM

"Rawr XD"

No, it will overheat within seconds.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just having empty water cooling block is same as running it without anything. It will overheat and most likely be unusable before you see POST screen.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Did that do my old Xeon X3350 without installing a CPU Cooler. Managed to install Vista, drivers, and even windows update.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list