Can someone answer to this question :?

Raptr0zz

I really want to know your guys' opinions why is it like that?

So, my question is, why does my WoW lag, so my computer's properties are: 8 GB ram DDR3

Palit GeForce GT 610 video card(it says 2048, but 610 are usually 1gb, so I'm not sure :/)

Intel core i3

700 GB HDD(i haven't checked the label, but it's both WD or Hitachi)

so please tell me why is that, I don't think it's from the computer because my last computer was: 2gb Ram ddr2, intel pentium 2x 2.6GHZ, 180 GB HDD, Nvidia GeForce 9800(not sure) 512MB, and it didn't lag(I was playing WoW in "Good" graphics, now i also play on "Good", but it lags :/)

In what way does it lag? Does your FPS drop?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

you just need a better video card and upgrading your i3 to an i5 could but doesn't really effect it that much

you just need a better video card and upgrading your i3 to an i5 could but doesn't really effect it that much

Their specs were worse than before and it didn't lag.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

First guess is CPU, although an i3 should be more than enough to run WoW. Specs on the i3?

GPU may not be as important, not sure how the GT 610 stacks up against the 9800 though (the 9800GT is a pretty good card despite being old).

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

GPUs are very complex and it isn't as simple as saying that more VRAM is better. A 2GB Nvidia card can be outperformed by a GPu with less VRAM. The best method of comparing GPUs is to look at their real world performance benchmarks in the applications you will be using.

It looks like your GPU is the largest bottleneck, depending on what your CPU is. i3 is just a series, not an actual model, but 2000 series i3 CPUs are capable of playing WoW quite well.

Here's a thread comparing those two GPUs, and its reply:

Short answer: the 9800, though much older, is much more powerful. 

As far as how to determine this, you can look at number of shader cores ("Cuda cores" in Nvidia-speak) and the clock speed, etc but benchmark results are the ultimate arbiter.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/388643-33-nvidia-geforce-gt610-9800gtx

That's a perfect example of why we should look further than the spec sheet.

I suggest you open a support ticket with blizzard, they will be able to help you much much much more than anyone here can. If I had to suggest something though it sounds like a connection issue, maybe a closed port or something stupid like that.

I suggest you open a support ticket with blizzard, they will be able to help you much much much more than anyone here can. If I had to suggest something though it sounds like a connection issue, maybe a closed port or something stupid like that.

it will be worth it just to see them suggest:

"please disable all addons and delete your WTF folder"

"Is your computer plugged in?"

Well, so you think that it's from the GPU :?

Yeah I know htat 610 isn't a gaming card, I mainly told the man who made my computer to make it enough strong for Motion Graphics(intros, etc.) and GFX, but I also play games, not that much, but I do. 

They tell you that to get rid of all variables that are out of their control from 3rd parties. Maybe you should learn how they go about helping you before you hate on them.

no hate. the canned delete your wtf folder statement to me is a term of endearment that hits me in my nostalgia hole. 

that said  must be going now, "by the light of elune"   *poof* disappears in a puff of smoke

The day's gone past when I used to play WoW I had many problem's from bad memory to over heating CPU/GPU problem's.  Other things you could do is use a program like CCleaner to clean up your files on your computer and if your just using HHD not SSD then give a good defrag once every month or two and see if that help's.

After you checked all your hardware/software that makes up your computer then it could be just that the server your playing on is lagging out, it happen's.

BTW make sure you have updated to the latest drivers for your GPU.

Since WoW is not heavy use on your CPU/GPU compared to other games like Cryris 3 and Tomb Raider, try a different game.

Cry Havoc!

@BlackOutCrisis - bro I don't hate :D I did this i play WoW for some very looong loong time and I know what to do, that is why i did not answer it. :)

Raptr0zz, on 10 Jun 2013 - 2:15 PM, said:

@BlackOutCrisis - bro I don't hate :D I did this i play WoW for some very looong loong time and I know what to do, that is why i did not answer it. :)

So wait...you just came here to see if we know the answer?

If the game is doing very sudden frame drops, then it's likely some sort of network or hard drive problem. If the FPS is constantly low, then it's probably a sign that you need a better GPU.

It's definitely the video card. The GT 610 is significantly slower than a 9800(not sure). The 9800(not sure), even though outdated, was designed to be used for gaming while the GT 610 was not. The equivalent of a 9800(not sure) would be somewhere in between a GT 630 to a GTX 650 depending on your "not sure". The GT 610 would probably be equal to a 9500GT.

In summary, the GT 610 is a downgrade.

~meOw! Σ:3

FOUND IT, hdd is WD 1tb caviar = fucked up... (maybe because of shitheads who delivered it, or maybe of it...)

So as i guessed it's the hdd, so i'll just gotta buy the Seagate barracuda 1,5 TB

Thank you all for your answers. :)

I really want to know your guys' opinions why is it like that?

So, my question is, why does my WoW lag, so my computer's properties are: 8 GB ram DDR3

Palit GeForce GT 610 video card(it says 2048, but 610 are usually 1gb, so I'm not sure :/)

Intel core i3

700 GB HDD(i haven't checked the label, but it's both WD or Hitachi)

so please tell me why is that, I don't think it's from the computer because my last computer was: 2gb Ram ddr2, intel pentium 2x 2.6GHZ, 180 GB HDD, Nvidia GeForce 9800(not sure) 512MB, and it didn't lag(I was playing WoW in "Good" graphics, now i also play on "Good", but it lags :/)

its the Gpu mate aswell

a 610 is very low end but a 9800 was mid to high range at release ill explain

the 6 is the series and the 10 is how far up the scale of power the gpu is eg//

you need to read it more like 6-10

so a 610 is way less powerful than say a 580 even tho the numbers higher.

6-10 << 5-80

i know you've found out it was your hdd but an upgrade in the gpu department will give you a richer experience ;-)

FOUND IT, hdd is WD 1tb caviar = fucked up... (maybe because of shitheads who delivered it, or maybe of it...)

So as i guessed it's the hdd, so i'll just gotta buy the Seagate barracuda 1,5 TB

Thank you all for your answers. :)

Can you test your hard drive using Crystal Disk Mark? And then post the numbers here.

XIII, wow mate you just have lit everything for me :D thank you I really had no idea of this :)

Here you go @Godlygamer23

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 3.0.2 x64 © 2007-2013 hiyohiyo
                           Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [sATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read :   122.770 MB/s
          Sequential Write :   119.482 MB/s
         Random Read 512KB :    47.037 MB/s
        Random Write 512KB :    74.092 MB/s
    Random Read 4KB (QD=1) :     0.675 MB/s [   164.8 IOPS]
   Random Write 4KB (QD=1) :     1.063 MB/s [   259.6 IOPS]
   Random Read 4KB (QD=32) :     1.593 MB/s [   389.0 IOPS]
  Random Write 4KB (QD=32) :     1.079 MB/s [   263.5 IOPS]

Test : 1000 MB [F: 20.7% (162.1/785.0 GB)] (x5)
  Date : 2013/06/11 22:39:45
    OS : Windows 7 Ultimate Edition SP1 [6.1 Build 7601] (x64)

I do not believe the hard drive is the issue. The hard drive looks plenty fast.

Are you sure, because i found that a lot of people who have the same HDD have the issue i said, and i am one of those with plenty of luck, but bad :D, so I won't surprise if one of the fucked HDD's is mine. :D