[WesternJournalism] China’s Newest Fighter Jet Looks A Lot Like…

WolfDeville

B1R_cDCIUAAl3s0.jpg

286974863_667ce44516_o.jpg

According to some recent tweets, China’s new fighter, the J-31, looks a lot like the American F-22 and F-35 fighters:

“China obtained secrets from the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter through cyber attacks against a subcontractor for Lockheed Martin. The technology has shown up in China’s first stealth jet, the J-20, and in the J-31. Both of the jets’ design features and equipment are similar to those of the F-35.”

Source

lol

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Looks interesting... How does it hold up against the Su47Berkut and the Su37 Flanker?

Edit: Check the J2 (or F2) and the F16C...

LOL its even called the "X-35".

To be honest I am more excited with the 6/7th generation fighters the military is planning to develop utilizing scramjet technologies. I always kind of thought it was pointless to invest in stealth technology when radar is constantly getting better. The SR-71 was a prime example (at the time) that speed is extremely effective in doing things before anyone can even detect let alone retaliate. Plus now that we are moving away from manned aircraft this unlocks a lot of potential in sheer speed aircraft can achieve without the added mass of "life support" technology.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

LOL its even called the "X-35".

To be honest I am more excited with the 6/7th generation fighters the military is planning to develop utilizing scramjet technologies. I always kind of thought it was pointless to invest in stealth technology when radar is constantly getting better. The SR-71 was a prime example (at the time) that speed is extremely effective in doing things before anyone can even detect let alone retaliate. Plus now that we are moving away from manned aircraft this unlocks a lot of potential in sheer speed aircraft can achieve without the added mass of "life support" technology.

As long as the AI doesn't go berserk (see: Stealth) or the humans control them remotely, I'm fine...

I'm waiting for COFFIN (neuro-link flight control system) to become reality if it ever does...

As long as the AI doesn't go berserk (see: Stealth) or the humans control them remotely, I'm fine...

I'm waiting for COFFIN (neuro-link flight control system) to become reality if it ever does...

Well yeah I meant drones but I think we are far from AI piloting vehicles but that would be awesome :P

What is the thing you linked? I can't open the link to to firewall restrictions. Is that the thing that will automatically adjust to adverse flying conditions on the fly due to a built in computer+sensor array?

Well yeah I meant drones but I think we are far from AI piloting vehicles but that would be awesome :P

What is the thing you linked? I can't open the link to to firewall restrictions. Is that the thing that will automatically adjust to adverse flying conditions on the fly due to a built in computer+sensor array?

It's a fictional technology to control aircraft by connecting it directly to the human central nervous system... It supposedly allows for higher g-force maneuvers and faster reaction times...

If we had that, eyesight restrictions could be lifted...

Dammit china, stop this.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I'm confused as to why this is suddenly news again. The J-31 has been observed and known to the west for over a year. I'm not angry at the topic or the poster, it's just confounding to me that the media is freaking out over this plane when it's been already been exposed and dissected by armchair analysts for quite sometime now.

As an aside, I am happy to see someone familiar with Ace Combat 3 on here, Digital Hermit.

Looks interesting... How does it hold up against the Su47Berkut and the Su37 Flanker?

Edit: Check the J2 (or F2) and the F16C...

Oh it'd get raped. These big, fat "stealth" aircraft are hopeless in dog fights, IIRC.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

At least it won't be overpriced, yet still fail to work, like F-35.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

War in the court room? I hope that's all it'll ever end up as.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

War in the court room? I hope that's all it'll ever end up as.

Sue China for what?

Making a plane that attempts to minimize radar signature?

There are only so many ways you can do it...

If you are trying to (re)invent a wheel...it's probably going to be round.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I'm confused as to why this is suddenly news again. The J-31 has been observed and known to the west for over a year. I'm not angry at the topic or the poster, it's just confounding to me that the media is freaking out over this plane when it's been already been exposed and dissected by armchair analysts for quite sometime now.

As an aside, I am happy to see someone familiar with Ace Combat 3 on here, Digital Hermit.

I love that game...

I'm just wondering why nobody took some designs from the game and tested it out IRL... The Delphinus line (Neucom R102) looks like it'll perform nicely...

I mean, look at this beauty right here...

R-101DelphRear.png

Sure it might turn out to be a bit unstable, but weren't they able to fix the F16's initial instability with computers?

Edit: Sorry for going off like that... I just love my military hardware...

Sue China for what?

Making a plane that attempts to minimize radar signature?

There are only so many ways you can do it...

If you are trying to (re)invent a wheel...it's probably going to be round.

Someones going to complain. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

\\

Sure it might turn out to be a bit unstable, but weren't they able to fix the F16's initial instability with computers?

Edit: Sorry for going off like that... I just love my military hardware...

What do you mean by unstable?  I thought that was built into the airframe(and corrected with fly-by-wire system)?

Did I miss a meeting? How is this tech news?

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

>Made in China.

>Breaks.

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

What do you mean by unstable?  I thought that was built into the airframe(and corrected with fly-by-wire system)?

iirc the original F16 had stability problems... As for the R101, it handles similarly to the F16 in the game...

Since I've been playing civ I can't help but notice real world parallels to the game.

Damnit China, get your spies out of Washington and try getting some mercantile city state allies.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

It's a fictional technology to control aircraft by connecting it directly to the human central nervous system... It supposedly allows for higher g-force maneuvers and faster reaction times...

If we had that, eyesight restrictions could be lifted...

That would be freaking awesome but I don't think that will ever be developed since drones are easier to develop and the only limit on G-Force maneuvers is the structural integrity of the airframe.

That would be freaking awesome but I don't think that will ever be developed since drones are easier to develop and the only limit on G-Force maneuvers is the structural integrity of the airframe.

Yeah, but with 3D printing tech progressing, we might see some unibody airframes soon...