LG G3 pre-owned from T-Mobile and G3 longevity

handymanshandle

So even though the G3 is about 6 months old now, But how much longer is it to remain "relevant" or at least still sold by carriers like T-Mobile and for how long? 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Probably for quite a while. The Nexus 5 was released about a year ago and is still very "relevant" (Great battery, powerful enough for current apps, new Android updates), though in 6 months it seems like a lot has happened in the smartphone industry, older phones still have plenty of life left in them.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Probably for quite a while. The Nexus 5 was released about a year ago and is still very "relevant" (Great battery, powerful enough for current apps, new Android updates), though in 6 months it seems like a lot has happened in the smartphone industry, older phones still have plenty of life left in them.

And many carriers still carry the iPhone 5S, even though it's a year old. It comes to show developers are releasing phones way too fast.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

And many carriers still carry the iPhone 5S, even though it's a year old. It comes to show developers are releasing phones way too fast.

Exactly! I am currently using a 2 year old phone (LG Optimus L9 P769) and I'm generally still able to run modern apps well and do nearly everything I would be able to do on a Galaxy S5 for example. The smartphone market gets way too much hype for the minuscule improvements that all these new smartphones are getting compared to older models.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Most contracts (at least in the UK) are 24 months, so another 18 months minimum?

------------ Current Build ------------

i5-3470@3.2GHz - EVGA 660Ti 2GB - 8GB Wam - ASUS P8Z77 - 3.5TB HDD's - 250GB Kingston SSD

Razer Naga 2014 - Corsair K70 - Logitech G930 - Blue Yeti - Wacom TouchPad - Steelseries Mat - Surface 2

Most contracts (at least in the UK) are 24 months, so another 18 months minimum

off topic Holy shit Verringer? Like from mcmarket?

I touched the face of death, 4770K at 5.2 with 1.6

Exactly! I am currently using a 2 year old phone (LG Optimus L9 P769) and I'm generally still able to run modern apps well and do nearly everything I would be able to do on a Galaxy S5 for example. The smartphone market gets way too much hype for the minuscule improvements that all these new smartphones are getting compared to older models.

My dad's Motorola Droid RAZR runs CM 11. And I thought 4.0 was the max.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D