How... Far Fetched is This?

NerdNinja

Soooo basically my gamepad of choice is the ps4 variance. I was wondering how much of a stretch it would be to mod one to have it use cherry MX red switches.

yes you read that correctly. A controller for pc that has cherry key switches.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Throw enough money and time at it and it'll be possible.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Soooo basically my gamepad of choice is the ps4 variance. I was wondering how much of a stretch it would be to mod one to have it use cherry MX red switches.

yes you read that correctly. A controller for pc that has cherry key switches.

I don't really understand why you'd want to do it... but it's probably not feasible without making it a LOT thicker.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You could probably do it, with some cutting and glue. but, you couldnt do it for the sticks i think

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

There is two ways you could do it. Make it thicker or move the circuit that is under the dpad somewhere else.

U FOKEN WUT M8 ILL REK U M8 ILL BEAT UR ASS ACROSS THE PLANET ANS THEN SELL YOU TO THE MAFIA WHERE THEY WILL MAKE YOU THIER BITCH U FGT

why?

That would seem very uncomfortable.

I don't really understand why you'd want to do it... but it's probably not feasible without making it a LOT thicker.

The answer of course is. Why not? 

I'm new to my brown keyboard and thought it would be cool to do!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

It would probably mess up the ergonomics unless you took the PCB out and housed it in a separate enclosure, so that the switches can be mounted deep enough inside. No, it'll not be easy. Pretty sure it can be done though if you really put your mind to it. Also, try blues. They're fun.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

It would probably mess up the ergonomics unless you took the PCB out and housed it in a separate enclosure, so that the switches can be mounted deep enough inside. No, it'll not be easy. Pretty sure it can be done though if you really put your mind to it. Also, try blues. They're fun.

Interesting. I just jumped to reds because of the short distance