Would you buy an apple if, and various general talk about Platforms

JaeDee884
Go to solution Solved by the_devil52,

Apples are tasty

Just thought I'd contribute with this thread, starting on a hypothetical and moving on to a larger scope of platforms and systems.

Time to weigh in!

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

i know many people like their mobile platform in the form of a phone, but honestly i am a multitasker so its easier to just bring my laptop around with me so i can get crap done. the most appealing thing about apple products is the design inside and out is flawless, though ultrabooks are taking away apples flame

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

i know many people like their mobile platform in the form of a phone, but honestly i am a multitasker so its easier to just bring my laptop around with me so i can get crap done. the most appealing thing about apple products is the design inside and out is flawless, though ultrabooks are taking away apples flame

Until i got my current job I was the same, but as my pay consists of going from home with access to multiple computers and tablets, to work which consists of even more computers and tablets, i find a phone the easiest thing to help manage all that. The amount of Asset tags I've taken photos of is to damn high!

Edit: That being said, i still take my phone, Laptop and Tablet to work every day :P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

The only apple product I would consider buying would be an iPhone. You know the main turn-off though? iTunes. Well, that and their "we shit gold" attitude while claiming to be innovative, but being nothing like it (touting SSD/HDD hybrid drives as "the new thing" in 2012...seriously?)..

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Since I work in the telecommunications industry I get to see and experience most of the new devices. I just dont like how the Apple phones work. I like the iPads because I think that tablets should be simple. But iPhones are a waste of money for the seller and the buyer when you can buy any android phone and get the same thing for usually a cheaper price.

MacOS actually isn't a Linux port, it's based of BSD ;)

Ok, I'll drop an L :P

The main issue I have with non-Apple laptops currently is the trackpad. I love stock android, and switching to windows recently has been mostly great, but I'll stick with apple hardware for my laptop for a while. Ultrabooks definitely have made things more competitive, but the build quality on their laptops is really good. I swapped out the SSD and RAM on my three year old laptop, and since I just use the browser it's pretty good. For desktop I definitely would go with windows though, and for mobile I really like android, although windows mobile and the new blackberry intrigue me.

Apple charges too much for their crap products. 

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Apple charges too much for their crap products. 

How do you know they are crap if you never actually used one?

i love apple laptops, the only problem i have is you are making a super high res screen, have a gpu that can support it 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

How do you know they are crap if you never actually used one?

I didn't say I didn't use one. My dad has a Macbook pro, and an iMac, let me tell you something about Apple products, they're horrible to game on. But im building a hackintosh for my father

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I didn't say I didn't use one. My dad has a Macbook pro, and an iMac, let me tell you something about Apple products, they're horrible to game on. But im building a hackintosh for my father

of course they are bad for gaming, OSX is a porductivity platform

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

of course they are bad for gaming, OSX is a porductivity platform

If only everyone knew that. People at my school think their integrated HD graphics 3000 can beat my 660ti

I think at a reasonable price I'd give a Mac a try to see what it's like.

You don't make sense what so ever.  You just said that Apple made crap products, yet you let your dad buy couple of Apple stuff and now you're building him a hackintosh.

Just because your usage scenario requires one type of device, it doesn't mean that the other  device designed for other usage scenarios is crap.

Apples are tasty

tempted to mark this as the solved answer to thread :P

I don't like OS

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Who says Apple products aren't reasonably priced? Do you all think the only thing you pay for in a Laptop is the CPU and GPU or something? Just because you can't afford something doesn't mean it's overpriced.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I like apple, they have really good build quality, just pricing is what kills me :D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Who says Apple products aren't reasonably priced? Do you all think the only thing you pay for in a Laptop is the CPU and GPU or something? Just because you can't afford something doesn't mean it's overpriced.

and Just because someone can afford it doesn't make it reasonably priced. 

Personally haven't had a pleasurable experience with macs since System 7 course i never got to use OS8 and 9. 

good hardware and reasonable pricing will always win over good hardware and high pricing. I think with my wallet :P

I'd pay $1500AU for the macbook pro 15 inch. which is more then I'm prepared to pay for any other laptop (have a hard limit of 1300) due to build quality and warranty assistance. and 2k for retina. but the pricing they offer is 500 more then I'm prepared to fork out. considered i'm have to bootcamp to run all my work programs anyway.

Funny thing before I seen this I just watched an Ashens Video about the Apple Newton Massagepad 100.  Even then, Apple was making rubbish products.

Cry Havoc!

I would never buy an Apple product frankly at least not under their current structure.  

First and foremost I consider Apple today to be nothing more than patent trolls desperately clinging to former glory.  I will not put money in their pockets willingly because of their litigious nature at this point.  I quite frankly think the entire market would progress faster without them even around at this point.  They are holding us back.  

That is for their mobile device market.  As for their desktop market quite frankly they are too expensive and too difficult to deal with upgrades.  They are no different than Dell in the second part of that.  I cannot buy a computer that I do not have control over.  Eventually this will change as the market changes to smaller and smaller devices as technology improves but for now I am holding onto having real control over the hardware I use.  Because I am holding onto that control it simply removes Apple as even a contender for my money even if I was not against their company for their patent trolling.