Would you buy an apple if, and various general talk about Platforms

JaeDee884
Go to solution Solved by the_devil52,

Apples are tasty

I am biased to Windows :P

NZXT Lexa S - Asus M5A97 R2.0 - AMD FX 8150 @ 4.2 Ghz - Corsair H70 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 Mhz 16 GBAsus GTX 970 4GB - Corsair CX 600 - Benq XL2420t - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - WD Live 3TB - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard - Razer Ouroboros Mouse - Steelseries QcK Sk Gaming Edition :wub: 

I bought an ipad once, sold it away in a month.

I still regret the purchase. :wacko:

NZXT Lexa S - Asus M5A97 R2.0 - AMD FX 8150 @ 4.2 Ghz - Corsair H70 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 Mhz 16 GBAsus GTX 970 4GB - Corsair CX 600 - Benq XL2420t - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - WD Live 3TB - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard - Razer Ouroboros Mouse - Steelseries QcK Sk Gaming Edition :wub: 

I just want to say well done.

You're the first person I've seen who seems to understand the concept of radio buttons vs Checkboxes.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I just want to say well done.

You're the first person I've seen who seems to understand the concept of radio buttons vs Checkboxes.

Well, only one of the questions was really suitable for multiple choice. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Well, only one of the questions was really suitable for multiple choice. 

You ALONE have restored my faith in humanity ;)

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I have a macbook pro, ok one of the older models, not really fond of it.

First thing I did with that was install bootcamp partition on it, I just dislike the way mac works as an OS rly :(

no offense to mac/apple, it just doesn't suit my taste.

and as for phone i prefer phones the size of dumbphones, like the old nokias, motorolas and ericson when it was still monochrome?

yea far more portable xD

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

I have a macbook pro, ok one of the older models, not really fond of it.

First thing I did with that was install bootcamp partition on it, I just dislike the way mac works as an OS rly :(

no offense to mac/apple, it just doesn't suit my taste.

and as for phone i prefer phones the size of dumbphones, like the old nokias, motorolas and ericson when it was still monochrome?

yea far more portable xD

I still keep a Nokia 3315 in my drawers as an emergency back up. had it for 11 years and still works great!

Edit: also, Snake2 is still a fun game!

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I still keep a Nokia 3315 in my drawers as an emergency back up. had it for 11 years and still works great!

Edit: also, Snake2 is still a fun game!

I wish I could still find my old nokia 3320 i think, i can't be sure - I move around a lot so I switch phones very often :(

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

I'll list my pros and cons for apple products:

PROS:

-battery life of the iphone 5 and the iPads

-iphone 5 is really thin and light (almost too light to feel like a decent product)

-design of the macbook pro and mac pro

note: with its 650m i would've recommended a MBP, because it was actually really thin; but now with the razer blade and msi slim series that's not really an advantage anymore 

-cinema display that takes advantage of thunderbolt

CONS:

-software: ios and os x are just not suitable for my needs

-iphone form factor: too small and too long

-iphone screen resolution bugs me: people go all 'oh but its retina' but in reality, phones like the HTC One are WAY sharper

-connectors of the iphone and ipad (both the new one and the old one suck imo), just develop a micro USB 3 already, seriously

-pricing, of course

-hardware availability (like seriously if you want to buy an editing machine you should be able to put in the latest processors, ram and GFX, don't you think

The hipster imaginary doesn't bother me too much, because I don't really care too much about what people think of me as long as the respect me for the choices I make

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning