399€

399 dollars

350 pounds

haha :D

sony just held big middle finger at microsoft i guess :D

So the rumours were true. Looks like that's the last nail in the X-Coffin.. er.. Box

400 Bucks and no DRM + used games, I expect the Xbox one to be dead soon. 

144Hz goodness

-Used game
-No DRM
-$399
-FF XV (Versus XIII) & Kingdom Hearts III

GG M$, Not Worth Playing(NWP).

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

So the only downside for the PS4, is that you need to get PlayStation Plus to play online.

Sony.

Fucking.

Wins.

And it looks like everyone knows it. They had live gameplay of some of the MOST anticipated titles, and none of them were even exclusives or first-party development. They are going all-out for this generation and they are succeeding with flair.

I am getting a PS4 launch day, and probably getting a PS+ membership approximately right now.

So the only downside for the PS4, is that you need to get PlayStation Plus to play online.

Not great for consumers for sure, but it is a nice way for Sony to recoup some money. As long as they improve the online experience with better ways to make parties and chat, I don't mind the fee. And with PS Plus, it seems like you get free stuff every month.

Third console curse continues...  :lol:

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

That's the only thing the f'd up on... but I don't play online much these days anyway.

I'm actually considering getting PS Plus now with all the free games + discounts you get with membership.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

versus xiii... VERSUS XIII! kingdom hearts III... KINGDOM HEARTS III!

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).

You don't need playstation plus to play online its free, however you might want playstation plus anyway cous its great value with instant game collection.

xbox mp cost money tough.

I musta missed the details when Tretton was talking about it.  Tweets from the AnnoyedGamer indicated that was the case.  Missed that detail with PS Plus from all the No-DRM, used games excitement.

Maybe I missed it, because my connection was throttled during the entire day, and video any event was near impossible.

But did Sony even talked about the touchpad on the controller? What is it's purpose? If it's not used.. then remove it.

Yeah,its free to play online

PS3 yes, but not PS4. He made it clear.

Guys, it's free to play online. However, I still suggest getting the GaiKai feature because it will help in online connectivity.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

Maybe I missed it, because my connection was throttled during the entire day, and video any event was near impossible.

But did Sony even talked about the touchpad on the controller? What is it's purpose? If it's not used.. then remove it.

No mention of it.

I think it will be mostly used for menus or games that are UI driven, such as turn-based strategies.  It will still be useful, in my opinion.  But indeed, I won't be using a touchpad for aiming my FPS camera.

NOPE, you have to pay for online multiplayer now. All the media stuff is free though (Video/Music Unlimited, streaming, etc.).

They didn't EXPLICITLY say that Playstation Plus is needed for online, but they said "PS+ members will be able to [LOTS OF THINGS] and play multiplayer games. PS4 owners without PS+ will be able to enjoy single player experiences and our media library." Seems pretty clear to me.

Still a better value than Xbox Live, plus you can get 2 years of PS+ for the money you save over the Xbox One...

Ha, it says on the video above about Sharing PS4 games, at the end it says "PS4 multi-player online access require PSN account & PS Plus subscription"

So there you you have guys. It's clear

NOPE, you have to pay for online multiplayer now. All the media stuff is free though (Video/Music Unlimited, streaming, etc.).

Well... if that's what it is, then at least we must expect a better network experience and besides we'll get free games and lots of other things included w/ it for $5/MONTH!

LOL... More shots fired:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

3052_ZEbH2T3Ls26sZmz.jpg

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

I want to preorder this now.  This is what gaming is all about - just put the damn disc and play!  A company that listens to gamers like me who's been there since the Atari days deserves credit and applause.

Well... the good thing about it is that you won't be forced to pay the whole $60/yr subscription and if your playing a game that has an extremely long game time that can be played 1000+ hours (usually JRPG's) then it doesn't matter. Plus, it comes w/ a lot of stuffs for $5/MONTH!

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

I want to preorder this now.  This is what gaming is all about - just put the damn disc and play!  A company that listens to gamers like me who's been there since the Atari days deserves credit and applause.

Amazon.com

Pre Ordered Mine!

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700