So what happend with nintendo toady? Didn't get a chance to see it  :(

Nintendo played a pre-recording of for the supposed live stream, streaming on 2 servers, so no one could connect and see (Ustream fault, but Nintendo should have backup using their own servers for at least their own website). You can watch it all on youtube. Anyway, Nintendo showed a list of cool games coming to the WiiU by Nintendo or published by Nintendo, and showed some coming up indi title games and third party games, but in a quick montage. The problem is that the entire event was very poorly presented. It was really hard to get exited about anything. Everything in the presentation was super bland.

However, if you check out Nintendo's youtube channel, and you watch the trailers of games, and the dev interviews, now you'll get exited, and the WiiU basically will start having a very string line up, later this year, and next year.

Nintendo played a pre-recording of for the supposed live stream, streaming on 2 servers, so no one could connect and see (Ustream fault, but Nintendo should have backup using their own servers for at least their own website). You can watch it all on youtube. Anyway, Nintendo showed a list of cool games coming to the WiiU by Nintendo or published by Nintendo, and showed some coming up indi title games and third party games, but in a quick montage. The problem is that the entire event was very poorly presented. It was really hard to get exited about anything. Everything in the presentation was super bland.

However, if you check out Nintendo's youtube channel, and you watch the trailers of games, and the dev interviews, now you'll get exited, and the WiiU basically will start having a very string line up, later this year, and next year.

Ok yah I saw the new zelda, smash bros, etc.. and it all looks pretty good. With these titles being released does it make anyone want to buy a wii u if you didn't before?

Ok yah I saw the new zelda, smash bros, etc.. and it all looks pretty good. With these titles being released does it make anyone want to buy a wii u if you didn't before?

Most probably, yes... Those titles are famous for casual gamers which has a huge population compared to us.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Microsoft is trying to take this video down. However heaps of them have been uploaded so if it goes down just search, "Don Mattrick response to PS4 Xbox One Bashing".

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Most probably, yes... Those titles are famous for casual gamers which has a huge population compared to us.

The wii u looks good but my problem is I'm not sure if I would really use it like the original wii. Plus I can't justify $300 to something I wouldn't use.

Microsoft is trying to take this video down. However heaps of them have been uploaded so if it goes down just search, "Don Mattrick response to PS4 Xbox One Bashing".

Wow hilarious! "If you don't have internet the xbox is the device for you." Wow just wow.

The wii u looks good but my problem is I'm not sure if I would really use it like the original wii. Plus I can't justify $300 to something I wouldn't use.

Using the Wii U gamepad as a portable gaming handheld device is a good enough reason to me to buy it. The issue is, it's bulky, if I ever buy one I might put it in my backpack.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).

Using the Wii U gamepad as a portable gaming handheld device is a good enough reason to me to buy it. The issue is, it's bulky, if I ever buy one I might put it in my backpack.

Yah it is kinda bulky. I love nintendo but for me to want to get a wii u at this point they would have to announce something really amazing or I will wait for the wii u to get a price drop.

Yah it is kinda bulky. I love nintendo but for me to want to get a wii u at this point they would have to announce something really amazing or I will wait for the wii u to get a price drop.

The only reason I want to buy a Wii U is because of Monster Hunter 4 and some casual games, aside from that. I'm really not that attracted to it.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

The only reason I want to buy a Wii U is because of Monster Hunter 4 and some casual games, aside from that. I'm really not that attracted to it.

Yah I agree with that. Only good game I have seen is smash bros.

Optional PlayStation Eye accessory.

I don't think that's right. The current Playstation Eye works through USB and the PS4 will have USB 3.0, so I will make what I consider to be a safe assumption and say that the new improved Playstation Eye will do the same.

I believe the Aux port is for Display Port as the PS4 can handle 4K playback and that would require something beefier (more bandwidth) than current HDMI standards. 

"Based on these foreseen benefits reasoning, this is precisely why DisplayPort supports 4K at a full 60 frames per second, while HDMI does not." [www.displayport.com]

The quote is from the article the link goes to. Near the bottom. Ctrl+F is your friend.

Compare:

small_PS4_back.jpg

to

pic41.jpg

They look relatively similar, so I could see them going with that.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Whats more funny look the the number of subscribers on there YouTube channel 

http://www.youtube.com/user/xbox

Now 271,958 was over 2 million?

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

To be honest, even if the WiiU had third party games, you'll still prefer end up playing them on your PC, much like the Wii.

WiiU+PC or WiiU+PS4 seams that this will be a great combo. But yea, 350$, is a bit steep. Even a price drop, I don't expect it to be bellow 300$.

Actually, just in the case you don't know, the WiiU gamepad is a wireless controller. Meaning, if you take that tablet controller with you, out of your house, it won't work. It needs the WiiU.

The controller is a good resistive touchscreen, with a really good wireless card, and of course controller circuit. It doesn't have a processor of it's own.

I don't think that's right. The current Playstation Eye works through USB and the PS4 will have USB 3.0, so I will make what I consider to be a safe assumption and say that the new improved Playstation Eye will do the same.

I believe the Aux port is for Display Port as the PS4 can handle 4K playback and that would require something beefier (more bandwidth) than current HDMI standards. 

"Based on these foreseen benefits reasoning, this is precisely why DisplayPort supports 4K at a full 60 frames per second, while HDMI does not." [www.displayport.com]

The quote is from the article the link goes to. Near the bottom. Ctrl+F is your friend.

Compare:

small_PS4_back.jpg

to

pic41.jpg

They look relatively similar, so I could see them going with that.

DisplayPort 1.2 support 4K @ 60Hz @ 30-bit colors color (10-bit times red, green, and blue... so 10x3=30). There is no DisplayPport 1.3, or any mention of it.

Bellow is the connector for full DisplayPort 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2

200px-DisplayPort_Connector.svg.png

The mini-DisplayPort version, is the small one pictured that graphic card  you presented. They are no other connector shapes.

So it's not DisplayPort, or a special DisplayPort to get 4K... DisplayPort proudly support 4K since many years ago. HDMI 1.4 can support 4K @ 24-bit (8-bit times red, green, and blue.. so 8x3 = 24), at only 24Hz.

HDMI 2.0 is still in the works, but is expected to be released this summer time. So far all we know is that its still not as fast as DIsplatPort 1.2. With 4K support @ 60Hz with "only" 24-bit colors (8-bit per channel). But that is not official. It might be the same speed or faster.

PS4 is way better for the price, never been a xbox fan anyway.

I wonder if its backwards compatable?

one thing that i find anoying is that games that only come out on consoles but not on PC,

I think its worth getting one for GT 6, The Last of Us, Beyond 2 Souls all look awesome games.

got to love Asus components

PS4 is way better for the price, never been a xbox fan anyway.

I wonder if its backwards compatable?

one thing that i find anoying is that games that only come out on consoles but not on PC,

I think its worth getting one for GT 6, The Last of Us, Beyond 2 Souls all look awesome games.

The "backwards compatibility" will use Gaikai streaming of PS3 games to PS4.  Not really "true" backwards compatibility in the way that you pop old PS3 discs into PS4.  Can't just put a PS3 game into the PS4 due to the difference in architecture (Cell vs. x86).  it'll have a limited library at first.

I found a bit more details here:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4417082/playstation-4-gaikai-streaming-sony-e3-2013

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

So it's not DisplayPort, or a special DisplayPort to get 4K... DisplayPort proudly support 4K since many years ago. HDMI 1.4 can support 4K @ 24-bit (8-bit times red, green, and blue.. so 8x3 = 24), at only 24Hz.

HDMI 2.0 is still in the works, but is expected to be released this summer time. So far all we know is that its still not as fast as DIsplatPort 1.2. With 4K support @ 60Hz with "only" 24-bit colors (8-bit per channel). But that is not official. It might be the same speed or faster.

hdmi20.jpg

Here is to hoping the wiki page is correct, and that it will be included in the PS4 (Delay if Necessary imo) Id rather have that extra bit of future proofing. 

Edit : PS3 Launched with HDMI 1.3a November 11, 2006 :) , and from what I can tell the upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 was not a firmware update. 

Here is to hoping Sony pushes the new tech in. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

The "backwards compatibility" will use Gaikai streaming of PS3 games to PS4.  Not really "true" backwards compatibility in the way that you pop old PS3 discs into PS4.  Can't just put a PS3 game into the PS4 due to the difference in architecture (Cell vs. x86).  it'll have a limited library at first.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4417082/playstation-4-gaikai-streaming-sony-e3-2013

Personally, this is how I think it should and could go down:

You put a PS3 game into your PS4, since it's Blu-ray, the PS4 can read the disc but can't play the game. However, since it can check online what game it is, it can give you access to the Gaikai version for free (since we don't know how pricing will work and whatnot with Gaikai).

This means we basically do have backwards compatibility. This combined with us being able to upload our saved games online means we can get them from our PS3 to our PS4 by downloading them from the cloud.

I think the same should be true of PS1 and PS2 games that people own because they are just CD/DVD games and can be read by the PS4 (though not played) as well. Not sure about the saves, but you get the idea.

I also expect the PS1 and PS2 libraries in Gaikai to expand the fastest. Obviously it doesn't take much to emulate those types of games these days, and any ROM you could want is available via torrent, so Sony could easily get a copy of the entire PS1 and PS2 libraries easily imo. They probably wouldn't do that, but eh.

That's just how I see it. I could be wrong. I don't see why that wouldn't work though.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Personally, this is how I think it should and could go down:

You put a PS3 game into your PS4, since it's Blu-ray, the PS4 can read the disc but can't play the game. However, since it can check online what game it is, it can give you access to the Gaikai version for free (since we don't know how pricing will work and whatnot with Gaikai).

This means we basically do have backwards compatibility. This combined with us being able to upload our saved games online means we can get them from our PS3 to our PS4 by downloading them from the cloud.

I think the same should be true of PS1 and PS2 games that people own because they are just CD/DVD games and can be read by the PS4 (though not played) as well. Not sure about the saves, but you get the idea.

I also expect the PS1 and PS2 libraries in Gaikai to expand the fastest. Obviously it doesn't take much to emulate those types of games these days, and any ROM you could want is available via torrent, so Sony could easily get a copy of the entire PS1 and PS2 libraries easily imo. They probably wouldn't do that, but eh.

That's just how I see it. I could be wrong. I don't see why that wouldn't work though.

Only problem is Gaikai is in the business of making money not using bandwidth for free. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

Only problem is Gaikai is in the business of making money not using bandwidth for free. 

You do realize Sony bought Gaikai. Right? :| That's why they are doing this.

Also, I live in the US. We don't have bandwidth caps. Just crappy speeds.

† Christian Member †

That Start when he screams absolutely killed me, I'm still laughing my A$$ off! :lol:

Wow that's awesome news, i have a bunch of PS3 games, but not my console anymore so it would make sense to buy a PS4 and use my PS3 games which will download into PS4 compatability.

Thanks for the info...

got to love Asus components

Wow that's awesome news, i have a bunch of PS3 games, but not my console anymore so it would make sense to buy a PS4 and use my PS3 games which will download into PS4 compatability.

Thanks for the info...

That was just somebody's speculation of how it could work; I'm pretty sure that streaming PS3 games will either be an additional subscription to access the entire library, a one-time fee to purchase individual games even if you own them physically (after all, there's nothing on the PS3 disks that would prevent passing just one around and using it to get access to that game for everyone), or maybe even both at once.

I would say that the ideal solution would be "If you have the disk you can stream it, but only if the disk is actively in the console". But at least it's better than "If you want to play ["theoretical" competing last-generation console] games you must buy [that console]."

That Start when he screams absolutely killed be, I'm still laughing my A$$ off! :lol:

I know, right? The part that I like is he accidentally spit on the camera. It's like spitting on XBOne's face. Haha! :D

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!