Yes yes they did but if you look they were careful about saying Disk based versions. IE if you buy the retail disk you are good but they mentioned nothing about their digital versions. If there is no difference why make the distinction 

There may be workarounds for that through their social gaming features, where another player can "take control" of someone elses game over Wifi. Unless there's a limit to that.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Didn't feel like it was worth starting another topic but how many nails is microsoft trying to put in its own coffin.

According to The Wall Street Journal the Xbox One won't be releasing in Asia until late 2014.  :o

Source : http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/06/11/microsoft-plots-2014-launch-for-xbox-one-in-asia/

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

Well I watch Nintendo Direct...

Well we can't say that WiiU won't have any games... the problem is that all the games shown except X and Wonderful 101, Nintendo plays EXTREMELY safe.

I am just really not exiting... maybe that is why they didn't do a E3 press conference. And no games shows the purpose of the touch screen controller. If they are not going to use it, then don't put it in the first place, and that would have lead having sufficient funds to get a significant;y faster CPU, and faster GPU, so the same console price, and again, with Nintendo not loosing money.

Well I watch Nintendo Direct...

Well we can't say that WiiU won't have any games... the problem is that all the games shown except X and Wonderful 101, Nintendo plays EXTREMELY safe.

I am just really not exiting... maybe that is why they didn't do a E3 press conference. And no games shows the purpose of the touch screen controller. If they are not going to use it, then don't put it in the first place, and that would have lead having sufficient funds to get a significant;y faster CPU, and faster GPU, so the same console price, and again, with Nintendo not loosing money.

In the party game they have shown what they call "tabletop games" or something like that, and also in the Wonderful 101 the touchpad is fundamental for the gameplay.

Killer Instinct revival according to the twitter feeds today is a free-to-play fighting game... wut? :blink:

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I have to say, I was woefully unimpressed by Nintendo's conference. Seems like no one covered it, it was pre-recorded and was very lacklustre. Never mind all the tech issues, laggyness and the fact that it was also late.

Dont get me wrong, loads of games and what not but the presentation left a huge amount to be desired. And why was Gamestop or IGN not covering it? They covered every other conference, it was not even on twitter like every other one. I was summarily unimpressed, presentation is an important thing

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Killer Instinct is going to be f2p, but you have to pay for characters

Ethnod, on 11 Jun 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

I have to say, I was woefully unimpressed by Nintendo's conference. Seems like no one covered it, it was pre-recorded and was very lacklustre. Never mind all the tech issues, laggyness and the fact that it was also late.

I agree.. next E3, they'll probably go and say: Check out our YouTube channel, we made a playlist of videos trailers. 'cause that is what this entire Nintendo Direct was. I was expecting to show demos, Watch Dog in action with the WiiU controller, and so on... nope nothing. And even worse, they shoved all their third party games on the side in a 15sec montage, including indi games. Nice! Way to go and show your support Nintendo. Hope you'll enjoy these third party games, because I don't expect any one else, including Ubisoft making more games. Already the past E3 Nintendo completely ignored the game that would have made people understand Nintendo idea behind the controller, with Rayman game, but nope.. not even a mention. I think Iwata has to leave Nintendo now. He is simply terrible. And honestly, I was more impressed on Super Smash Brother Melee graphics than on the WiiU. You can see that the levels design and chanters were designed from the ground up for the 3DS and ported on the WiiU. So low rez textures. If Nintendo doesn't care about their WiiU, then I won't.

Here is what I was expecting:

-> Current content but with more risk, and showing off the power the the WiiU, like you care.

-> + Demo of third party games and their unique features on the WiiU.

-> + What they are doing to encourage indi games on the platform, like what Sony did.

-> + Be able to build hype.. get a spokes person. The room is stupid and bland, and Iwata is bland.

-> + Something unexpected as a game.. even if it's a short trailer.. anything...

-> + No more Basic model of the WiiU, WiU deluxe is available in White now, Nintendo Land is gone, replaced by Super Mario Bros WiiU (which would have been an excellent choice, as it guaranty the Luigi DLC game to be purchased). Nope, none of that. Not even, WiiU Deluxe in white. No online offers, no nothing. If Nintendo is smart, they would have the ability that you can get money back from purchased Nintendo disk titles, and online purchased that you can get a discount on online games. Online games means none transferable or salable.. so that pleases publishers, and well it's a cool program.. even thought you might need to buy 3-4 games to get 5$ off, it's something. And it sure will encourage indi games devs, as their games are sold cheap.

Some better pictures of ps4

I know I said the PS4 looks better than the XBOX, but I actually like the design of the PS4 when not comparing it to the "compitition", I reacon it would look pretty good under any TV.

I can't wait for a PS4 emulator. should be pretty easy, considering x86. Xbone may be harder because of the excessive DRM, so I guess no emulating halo :(

anyways, microsoft did mention that they were bringing some halo stuff to PC. PORT HALO 3, PLS! (and 4 and reach, but 3 first)

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Sony said that they there is DRM infrastructure that can block used games, if publishers want to use it:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/11/4419566/sony-jack-tretton-publishers-can-choose-to-enforce-drm

I just heard about this.

But isn't it just like going to be this current generation? With online passes? Since Sony has said that there won't be a call home restriction, so the DRM has to only apply to online muiltplayer and not the core game. Right?

Even if 3rd parties are allowed to have online games only, people just aren't going to buy those games, there will be used games and no online needed, plus there isn't a camera in my room 24/7 with a microphone. Sony is still winning, even in the worst case scenario.

Ok, so... Nintendo release side video/ dev interviews, and now that context is given, Nintendo has a lot, and its interesting.

Basically every month from August? There will be a new game.. at least until the end of the year.

Here are all the videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2JiZAV5BmDXIoXMyc63l2Yn2saUA4SB8

Check them out.

Basically, it looks like Nintendo miss judge the time it takes to make HD games... That might explain the delays. But in any case, everything is coming out, so it's lots of game for the console.

Seeing the dev interviews, I am exited about WiiU again. But man, It's 3 E3's where Nintendo just extremely poorly present information, no hype, poorly explained, no proper demo, everything bland. It's so hard to get exited about something.

Might be a good time to pick up a WiiU now... or should I wait for a price drop?  also is that used games thing just for online passes from third party publishers?  So business as usual for the PS4?  Getting conflicting reports from different sites.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

This meme is revolting & extremely offensive to cancer patients & brave cancer survivors.

How is it offensive?

Some better pictures of ps4

i1bt49.jpg

25svql2.jpg

Can anyone tell what that "aux" port is kinda got display port shape :)

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

That's for auxiliary display if you like to have a 2nd monitor or 2nd tv connection. I think...

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

About PS4 DRM... after further reading, and video interview of Sony CEO.. it looks like that Sony does not encourage this kind of DRM, Sony published games wont' use such DRM, but if a publisher wants DRM, and think that its consumer will be comfortable with it, than they'll allow it, but not directly support it. So yea, looks like, it will be like PS3 and XBox 360. It's just that Sony won't block third party publisher DRM.

Optional PlayStation Eye accessory.

Looks like Tretton clarified their position:

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/sony-clarifies-stance-on-playstation-4-restrictions-6409882/

"When a gamer buys a PS4 disc they have right to use that copy of the game, so they can trade-in the game at retail, sell it to another person, lend it to a friend, or keep it forever."

Might be a good time to pick up a WiiU now... or should I wait for a price drop?  also is that used games thing just for online passes from third party publishers?  So business as usual for the PS4?  Getting conflicting reports from different sites.

I don't think there will be a price drop. It would have been announced already. I think, with the new games coming up on the WiiU, I think Nintendo will try and attempt and see how it will sale first. So in order words, if nothing is announced soon, I think it wont' drop until next year, assuming sales still doesn't pick up. Or maybe a Christmas period special?! It's hard to say.

I don't think there will be a price drop. It would have been announced already. I think, with the new games coming up on the WiiU, I think Nintendo will try and attempt and see how it will sale first. So in order words, if nothing is announced soon, I think it wont' drop until next year, assuming sales still doesn't pick up. Or maybe a Christmas period special?! It's hard to say.

I would expect a price drop near back to school time, kind of a lull in sales usually and it will be the beginning of the hype train that were just seeing really leave the station. 

E3 Press Conference Montage by Gametrailers is worth a look!  Poor Mr. Iwata.  They made him the presenter for Microsoft and Sony  :lol:

edit: URL not linking correctly to video.   it embeds but won't play.