Best price/performance camera for Youtube videos?

Hey guys,

I started a new channel on the tube... it's called "HardwareAddiction". I want to get some videos up, but I need a proper, new camera with 1080p support. Not looking for anything pro here, just a handy camera with a great price/performance ratio. Maybe something like the one Linus used in the first videos (pre-Sony era).

Appreciate your help, thanks. :)

I just saw another thread with a similar question mentioning DSLR cameras. I'm thinking though... DSLR? wait what? isn't that a still camera? I mean, yeh, a lot of still cameras can do video, but is it convenient? is it even good enough for proper filming?

how about those 40$  1080p cameras? they look like a large cigarette box xD

How much money are you willing to spend on a camera?

And yes, DSLRs were made for photos, but they also take good video.

Take a look at this video (in 1080p if you can):

That was shot solely with a DSLR for video. How do you think it looks? I personally think it looks alot better than videos from Tom (Time To Live Customs) and some other YouTubers that use handycams.

It's really up to personal preference.

Just remember this:

If you get a DSLR, you're getting good photo taking ability and good video quality. If you get a Handycam, you get decent video quality and meh photo quality.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

The thing we need to know before we go to conclusions is how much do you want to spend.  You can get a decent Canon LEGRIA for like $200. Or you can spend way more and get something more flexible like a Canon 600/650D (around 600$). But with 600D you get the ability to swap lenses (if you want to spend even more money) and the ability to plug in an external mic + better image quality.

It's all up to you.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I could settle for a 200$ camera and later on get a DSLR. Thanks for the advice.

I could settle for a 200$ camera and later on get a DSLR. Thanks for the advice.

Alot of bloggers use the Canon Powershot 320HS and it's going for about $140 on Amazon right now

Hmm... sounds like a good option that camera. Hand camera is more convenient tho.