Help me fix swiftkey!!

LinusTech

I posted a suggestion. Can y'all help me get this fixed?

Ugh... While I was posting this it auto corrected y'all to yall, which is not the same thing at all...

http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/116689-1-ideas-and-suggestions/suggestions/4043791-please-don-t-auto-correct-my-possessive-for-examp

I have the exact same problem and it annoys the crap out of me..

I voted :)

I can see why that would become very annoying actually... :ph34r:

Edited by SirReallySam

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Taylor's

Huh that's a default suggestion from typing Tay in to the stock kb on my S2

Time to switch keyboards bro.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Gave it three votes, definitely needs to be looked at. I use Swiftkey and I love it over the stock Samsung keyboard but little things like that can get annoying after awhile. Especially when you're typing up a storm and have to break your groove to correct something that isn't even a mistake!

setting>advanced>spacebar wil...>insert space. that what made it stop auto correcting for me lol.

MY RIG: i5 3470 | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 2GB | 240GB SSD | 1TB HD

PERIPHERALS: CORSAIR K65 (MX CHERRY RED) | STEELSERIES SENSEI RAW | STEELSERIES SIBERIA V2

I would suggest Swype or Google's keyboard.

Swype as far as I know and used, it doesn't auto-correct possessives.

Google just released their Nexus keyboard onto the Google Play store and it has swiping to type.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Other than this issue I love swiftkey so I hope they fix it

Reset all settings,that helped me.

(I have no idea why it helped,but still it helped)

Ive been using the Tablet version on my Nexus 4 and 7 I found that if you go into advanced and set the space bar to always insert a space it helps out a little.

And also have the predictions set to learn what you type so it gets used to your typing style.

Hopes this helps a little

-CM

Ive been using the Tablet version on my Nexus 4 and 7 I found that if you go into advanced and set the space bar to always insert a space it helps out a little.

And also have the predictions set to learn what you type so it gets used to your typing style.

Hopes this helps a little

-CM

same here!

MY RIG: i5 3470 | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 2GB | 240GB SSD | 1TB HD

PERIPHERALS: CORSAIR K65 (MX CHERRY RED) | STEELSERIES SENSEI RAW | STEELSERIES SIBERIA V2

3 Votes from me as I hate it so much!! 

download the google keyboard from the play store

it has swift functionality and doesn't auto correct possessives 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Or adjust the hold delay to something like 150 ms :) takes less time, not a fix for the problem, but a quick tip :)

The problem is annoying, yes, but not so much as not being able to create themes for the keyboard yourself :(

i5 2500K - Asrock Extreme4 Gen3 - G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB- Asus GTX660 Ti - Crucial M4 256Gb

I'm not exactly sure of the features swift key brings over other keyboards, but if you want swipe typing, the stock Google keyboard has been officially released on the Google play store :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Sounds like an important problem that several people are having.

Also, if you go to the page in incognito mode you can vote more times.

Linus, I suggest you get google keyboard. It is the stock android one :).

Linus you can just hold down on the word I the prediction area and once a small Window pops out saying remove this action hit remove and problem solved

You got my votes bro, thought i don't have any smartphone or tablet to hate the feature.  :ph34r:

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

How many votes is needed to make them change it?

I love swiftkey! and I hope they will fix that problem.

So much better then the stock samsung keyboard!

Hey Linus, with the new release of the Google keyboard (The stock android keyboard) I would just switch to that it works very well. I used to use swiftkey myself but because of issues with certain auto corrects like the ones you are having drove me to move on. I really do like the Google keyboard though which was recently released on the play store only like a couple of days ago.

I believe if u continue to write y'all.It would learn from yours behavior.