Help me fix swiftkey!!

LinusTech

Oh yes I remember having this problem. It made me come very close to throwing my phone at a brick wall.

Easiest fix for it: get the stock keyboard Google released (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.latin).

Combines (IMO) the easiest keyboard to type on (nice big letters), good autocorrection, Swype (or Google's version), and Google's fantastic voice recognition. Plus it looks great.

Personally, I believe it is the best keyboard available out of Android and iOS (haven't tried others).

Not sure why you're still using SwiftKey when there's the stock Google Keyboard!

Exactly!!

I think you should just be able to add the word to your dictionary. I'm not sure though, as my phone isn't working now.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

How does it feel to possess an army? soon you can take over the world ;-)

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

It's not nearly as bad as when the keyboard just randomly goes invisible when using Google Chrome.

just manually type in the correct spelling and select it as the word and it will offer that spelling next time

I got an Idea! Why don't we flood them w/ complaints? That would be fun! bth_trollpix.png

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

As you type, the word that Swiftkey will use for autocorrect will always be the middle word on the suggested word bar above the onscreen keys.  If the word you are typing is not the one swiftkey is showing for autocorrect, your word is not in the dictionary (and there is another word that is close enough that swiftkey thinks it should be replaced).  In that case, the word you typed will be the left word on the suggested words bar.  Simply click your word in the left-hand place on the bar, and it will be added to the dictionary and a space will be inserted to move you to the next word.  Next time you type that word, it will be in the dictionary and it will show in the middle of the bar and autocorrect properly.

Thanks,

dCode (Andrew)

Thanks for participating let's see what happens.

If they don't think it's a problem I'll just move onto something else.

I can't find any reference to dcode on swiftkey's website so I'm not sure if Andrew is posting an official response or something...

Sorry for the confusion.  I'm not in any way related to swiftkey, just posting a trick that I've found works for me.

Thanks,

dCode (Andrew)

3 votes done :3

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Swift key is amazing except those few little quirks 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

once you type it a few times it will figure out what you want to say.. swiftkey has figured out all the little things i say weird very quickly in the past

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

Get Google Keyboard from Play Store. 

I tried to replicate your issue, however I was unable to do so.

I've tweaked my swift key settings and often set it to learn from various outside sources.

I've also found if for some reason auto correct if forcing you to correct when you don't want it to. You can override it by force typing the word then selecting it from the left selection of the auto type it will allow you the option in the future.

I had this issue when trying to email a friend, their email begins with D.r------, swift key kept changing it to Dr. Once I force typed it I've had no problems since.

Also Arokhantos. You're supposed to capitalize the pronoun I.

(i) is supposed to be capital when it's alone. You never type a lower case I by itself, only when it's part of another word. Even in the middle of a sentence I is always capital. This also includes I'm and I'll, any pronoun version of I needs to be capital.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

• 2 weeks later...

Tbh , the stock vanilla keyboard is so much better than everything else....

Interested in Business and Technology

• 4 weeks later...

That sound

sad.  :(

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

Just get googles default keyboard seeing as its free and its way better.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

When i write i it auto corrects to I in middle of sentence lol.

I mean if it does at start its come but middle of sentence is not oke their more anoying auto corrects like this also.

Anyway voted and responded.

The letter "i" is always suppose to be capitalized. It's a pronoun.

I actually have the issue where SwiftKey DOESN'T always capitalize it and it annoys me.

Also, why can't it realise that when I type "www." it's the start of a URL and NOT me trying to type "wow."

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

download the google keyboard from the play store

it has swift functionality and doesn't auto correct possessives 

I had no idea this was even available to download. Thanks, I tried it for a little bit and I already prefer it over swiftkey.