Best rad fans?

sushisky

Like the title suggests, what are the best rad fans? I would go for the AP 15s, but you can't buy them anywhere anymore.

Are the AP123s (or AP121s) any good? 

Corsair SP fans. Really recommend them for radiators, and they can colour match very easily.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Corsair SP fans. Really recommend them for radiators, and they can colour match very easily.

Those fans are trash lol.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

If you disagree, thats up to you. I find them to be very good and they get used a lot for radiators in some of the very clean builds.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Noctua NF-F12s. There are fans like the gentle typhoons, but from looking around, NF-F12s are the easiest to find.

AP121 are alright fans, definitely not the greatest, some people seem to thing everything Linus owns is the best they can get, that is not the case.

If you disagree, thats up to you. I find them to be very good and they get used a lot for radiators in some of the very clean builds.

It's not a matter of opinion, corsair failed terribly at designing those fans, the fan blade design is so bad that they don't produce alot of pressure unless they're at really high RPMs, and even then, it doesn't produce that much. They're cheap fans, nothing more, they look good, that's about it. They suck in performance and silence, if you get silence from those fans you'll get more pressure out of a paper fan.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

gentle typhoons, noise blocker eloops, some cheap nzxt fan which are actually decent, and phanteks makes decent ones too. 

any static pressure fans would be great for a rad or something of that sort

u wot m7+1

I would probably say a SP Noctua fan.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I bought the ap121's when they were released and seems fine and work.

Gentle Typhoons 1850 is another great fan.

I personally use a 1850 and a 5400 typhoons and any of those works well specially the 1850 if you like less noise.

noctua nf-f12 is another option for great noise/performance ratio.

can't really recommend much noise blocker since the only noise blocker fan I got are phobya nb-eloop (or so they say).

it works great and is pretty cheap to where I live at least. It is silent for those silent freaks, Performs awesome although it doesn't fit my black/blue rig so I never really use it on my main but use it on my lan m-itx rig which does the job well.

(been thinking of painting it black though or white).

Live your life like a dream.

Nocton are probably gonna be your best bet, ap123 are also amazing. Same with e-loops if you are installing them in push. Forget the corsairs they are a bit shit

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Crsair SP fans are more for many on low speeds rather few at high speeds I had corsair fans but for some reason only corsair fans I like are the SPs not the AF

for air flow fans I rather go Coolermaster's JetFlo or Silverstone's AP 121s

Like the title suggests, what are the best rad fans? I would go for the AP 15s, but you can't buy them anywhere anymore.

Are the AP123s (or AP121s) any good?

Ap123 are great.

No bias here

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Noctua NF-F12s. There are fans like the gentle typhoons, but from looking around, NF-F12s are the easiest to find.

AP121 are alright fans, definitely not the greatest, some people seem to thing everything Linus owns is the best they can get, that is not the case.

Its just that silentpc reviewers said the AP123s sound better (not quieter, just better). 

So AP123s, Noctuas (too expensive for me) and gentle typhoons.

I'll probably just get the AP123s, but if anyone knows a place where I can get gentle typhoons (AP-15s), I would love to know.

Also, would the AP121s or the AP123s be better for radiator use?

I also need to get 3 140mm fans (2 in the front of a 750D, dunno if that counts as restricted). I was thinking about getting 3 noctua ippc nf-a14s, but that's 90USD for 3 fans :\ 

Does anyone know of a better choice?

Its just that silentpc reviewers said the AP123s sound better (not quieter, just better). 

So AP123s, Noctuas (too expensive for me) and gentle typhoons.

I'll probably just get the AP123s, but if anyone knows a place where I can get gentle typhoons (AP-15s), I would love to know.

Also, would the AP121s or the AP123s be better for radiator use?

I also need to get 3 140mm fans (2 in the front of a 750D, dunno if that counts as restricted). I was thinking about getting 3 noctua ippc nf-a14s, but that's 90USD for 3 fans :\ 

Does anyone know of a better choice?

AP123s, AP121 were okay fans, AP123 are still okay fans, they're still better than AP121, and yes, Noctua fans are quite pricey.

might look into the Akasa Apache/Rosewill Hyperborea PWM for quiet and

static pressure fans. i've been using them in the 120/140 and they are pretty

quiet and cooling performance is very good.

Trash? The only potential problem with them is the rubber gromets coming off, and I have never had a problem with that. I would recommend them to anyone for mounting them to a rad. And they also look great. Just another benefit.

-Zinqs [-] i7 4790k @ 4.6 ghz [-] 2x EVGA Gtx 980 SC [-] Asus Maximus VII Formula [-] 16gb Dominator Platinum [-] Corsair Obsidian 750d [-]

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zinqs/saved/#savedbuild_1641021

Akasa Apache/Rosewill Hyperborea
Cougar Vortex PWM CFV12HPB
Enermax Twister Pressure
Gelid Wing 12 PL
Noctua NF-F12, NF-F12 industrialPPC
Noiseblocker BlackSilentPro PL-PS

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Trash? The only potential problem with them is the rubber gromets coming off, and I have never had a problem with that. I would recommend them to anyone for mounting them to a rad. And they also look great. Just another benefit.

The problem is that they perform like shit.

I would get the noctua industrial ppc NF-F12 2000rpm, but it sounds really loud on video. any real, practical reason to get the ippc noctuas over the ap123s? (other than the fact that ap123s color scheme isn't all that great)