I had to quit League of Legends

What's a GPU?

It's sad that I can relate to the OP.

I find myself becoming more toxic day by day after spending all the hours in this game, beginning to blame people for mistakes or getting annoyed at afk'ers or people flaming each other and I join in.

I never had these issues with mmos. I really enjoy playing league but I can honestly say it changed my attitude for the worse in league itself.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

The only reason I play LoL is because my brother, cousins and some friends play it every day, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play anyhing else with them. I don't have any other friends who play PC games regularly.
We used to play L4D2, Killing floor, MW2, Age of mythology/empires a few times. But that time is long history. Even though I really don't like the MOBA genre, I try to play it and learn to enjoy it.
Most of them have silver rankings and I'm just level 15-16, but I try to do good.

I just hate it when some of them( my brother and a few others who take the game way too seriously) try to correct me in everything I do wrong by yelling"what are you doing, You should have done (this way)" That immediatly sucks the enjoyment out of a game I don't love in the first place. When they ask to join them in a next match, my immediate answer is No...

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

I agree with op but not completely.

When I was in bronze and silver these issues were very common, but it seems to me that those players never make it into higher elo. As soon as I got around gold 3, i encountered those types of player less frequently. Now that I'm in platinum, there are occasional trolls but everyone knows what they're doing more or less. Maybe the reason you don't find the game enjoyable is because you get mad at the trolls that's are TRYING to make you mad. Just mute everyone and play because chances are that people in low Elo don't having anything that contributes to winning anyways.

I agree with op but not completely.

When I was in bronze and silver these issues were very common, but it seems to me that those players never make it into higher elo. As soon as I got around gold 3, i encountered those types of player less frequently. Now that I'm in platinum, there are occasional trolls but everyone knows what they're doing more or less. Maybe the reason you don't find the game enjoyable is because you get mad at the trolls that's are TRYING to make you mad. Just mute everyone and play because chances are that people in low Elo don't having anything that contributes to winning anyways.

get in diamond... there the trolls start again. Worst part: you play with them a few times...

Kata full tiamat build, Zyra ad mid, Twitch ap jungle... ranked in diamond is the worst ;d

League of Legends is one of the most popular games in the world, it helped raise a new era of Esports and PC gaming, it has decent graphics and play-ability, and is overall one of the single best designed games I have ever played. Yet all of this is worthless to me for only one reason; the game is un-enjoyable. 

For those of you who have never played, this is the basics of how a typical solo/duo queue ranked game goes.

-You get into a lobby where you along with the other 4 teammates can pick your champions and figure out your roles.

-Either there is no communication between the team or there is at least one person who is already insulting players or demanding they receive a certain role or else they will intentionally throw the game or something along those lines.

-After some more insults or silence, the teams are picked and the game loads up.

-Now in the game, there is about a 5% chance someone on your team has either had their client crash or they intentionally left to go do something else.

-If this case is true then the team either starts complaining and telling others to report the AFK or in the EXTREMELY RARE cases the team remains calm and prepares a new strategy to play without the lost teammate.

-After a couple minutes of farming away in lanes or smiting away at some monsters in the jungle, inevitably someone has to die, and for some reason it always seems to be on your team (I still am not sure how this is true).

-The player who died was "lagging", the enemy champion is a counter or "SUPER OP", or it's another players fault for the death. All typical explanations you will see.

-The game continues on and people die here and there, chances are that you have been insulted multiple times by not only the enemy team who is usually just trash talking, but often by your own teammates who see the only productive way of communication to be picking every little bit of your gameplay and tearing it to shreds or even insulting you as a person and your family. But unlike an xbox or playstation match of CoD, this game will last likely 30-45 minutes and it is usually in the teams best interest to not mute the player.

-Once the laning phase has ended and towers have been destroyed, dragons slain, and blames passed out; it is about time for a team fight. 

-Each team fight has a potential to totally swing the direction of the game, so every action is important.

-Once you have gone through the first fight or two either your team is in good shape and you are feeling confident, or the more probable case; your team is down and every chance of a comeback is decimated by the arguing breaking out among allies. Everyone HAS to blame someone else for the loses.

-The game continues on and you either win or lose, either way someone will be insulting you.

-After the game, the post-match screen comes up with a chat lobby of all the players. This is mostly intended I believe to congratulate the Viktors (punny right?) and to look over the statistics of the match to see how you performed.

-What the post-match lobby almost always becomes is a complete shit show. Players threatening to report, cussing at one another, and giving other players instructions on how to uninstall the game.

Well today I decided to follow some of those last steps, and I did uninstall the game. Sure I will miss playing with some of my friends who spend a lot of time playing just like I did, but I still don't believe I will regret my decision. I simply believe playing League of Legends is mentally unhealthy. Video games exist to bring you into a new world, where you can be free of a lot of the stress we find outside of gaming. Video games are meant to bring excitement, joy, along with many other emotions. However I do not believe video games are intended to, nor do I wish to play games that intended to, cause stress or true anger. For me I found that League of Legends causes these emotions probably as often, if not more, than it ever made me feel relaxed or happy.

Maybe I am the only one that feels this way, but I truely think that League of Legends is a mostly un-enjoyable and an unhealthy use of my time. 

LOL I remember when League had a retail version for like $19.99

League of Legends is one of the most popular games in the world, it helped raise a new era of Esports and PC gaming, it has decent graphics and play-ability, and is overall one of the single best designed games I have ever played. Yet all of this is worthless to me for only one reason; the game is un-enjoyable. 

For those of you who have never played, this is the basics of how a typical solo/duo queue ranked game goes.

-You get into a lobby where you along with the other 4 teammates can pick your champions and figure out your roles.

-Either there is no communication between the team or there is at least one person who is already insulting players or demanding they receive a certain role or else they will intentionally throw the game or something along those lines.

-After some more insults or silence, the teams are picked and the game loads up.

-Now in the game, there is about a 5% chance someone on your team has either had their client crash or they intentionally left to go do something else.

-If this case is true then the team either starts complaining and telling others to report the AFK or in the EXTREMELY RARE cases the team remains calm and prepares a new strategy to play without the lost teammate.

-After a couple minutes of farming away in lanes or smiting away at some monsters in the jungle, inevitably someone has to die, and for some reason it always seems to be on your team (I still am not sure how this is true).

-The player who died was "lagging", the enemy champion is a counter or "SUPER OP", or it's another players fault for the death. All typical explanations you will see.

-The game continues on and people die here and there, chances are that you have been insulted multiple times by not only the enemy team who is usually just trash talking, but often by your own teammates who see the only productive way of communication to be picking every little bit of your gameplay and tearing it to shreds or even insulting you as a person and your family. But unlike an xbox or playstation match of CoD, this game will last likely 30-45 minutes and it is usually in the teams best interest to not mute the player.

-Once the laning phase has ended and towers have been destroyed, dragons slain, and blames passed out; it is about time for a team fight. 

-Each team fight has a potential to totally swing the direction of the game, so every action is important.

-Once you have gone through the first fight or two either your team is in good shape and you are feeling confident, or the more probable case; your team is down and every chance of a comeback is decimated by the arguing breaking out among allies. Everyone HAS to blame someone else for the loses.

-The game continues on and you either win or lose, either way someone will be insulting you.

-After the game, the post-match screen comes up with a chat lobby of all the players. This is mostly intended I believe to congratulate the Viktors (punny right?) and to look over the statistics of the match to see how you performed.

-What the post-match lobby almost always becomes is a complete shit show. Players threatening to report, cussing at one another, and giving other players instructions on how to uninstall the game.

Well today I decided to follow some of those last steps, and I did uninstall the game. Sure I will miss playing with some of my friends who spend a lot of time playing just like I did, but I still don't believe I will regret my decision. I simply believe playing League of Legends is mentally unhealthy. Video games exist to bring you into a new world, where you can be free of a lot of the stress we find outside of gaming. Video games are meant to bring excitement, joy, along with many other emotions. However I do not believe video games are intended to, nor do I wish to play games that intended to, cause stress or true anger. For me I found that League of Legends causes these emotions probably as often, if not more, than it ever made me feel relaxed or happy.

Maybe I am the only one that feels this way, but I truely think that League of Legends is a mostly un-enjoyable and an unhealthy use of my time. 

DOTA is pretty much the same way.  Good game with great complexity, terrible community in the pub scene.   The game relies so much on team work that match just becomes unbearable when people do stupid stuff and feed ignoring the rest of the team.  For those reasons; I delete it and reinstall when a friend wants me to play it. 

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

I don't even dislike it, it's a game for kids and mainly kids play it.

Show us your data and sources for your claim please

From my experience this is mainly untrue (at least at the level I play at)

Most of the people I am matched with are well mannered and mature with the occasional troll - just like everything else

"lolwatrudoin"

"i do what i want"

applause 

Cpu: i7 4790k Mobo: Asus z97-A  PSU:Ultra Semi-Modular 850w SSD: Kingston 240gb HDD: Segate 1tb Ram: 2x8gb G.Skill ram GPU: Zotaz GTX 980 AMP! Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed 

I quit buying and playing COD on consoles for the same reasons. I am proud of you.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

I agree completely. I tried it several times and was unable to understand how people found it fun lol. And I've played a TON of different games in my time.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Well don't play normals or play better and get into higher elo. Don't see much of that in the games I have in Diamond 1

diamond buddies 8)

I don't even dislike it, it's a game for kids and mainly kids play it.

Is there proof of this statement? 

What constitutes a "kid"?

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I just want to point out and criticize something that at least two people have said in this thread.

"Be a better player and get into the better player brackets to avoid these problems."

Uhh... no. If a game requires you to become excessively above average to avoid toxicity in the playerbase, I wouldn't exactly think it's worth it unless you have an extreme talent for the game. And even then, that should not be the case. Why should the OP, far less anyone, have to spend time, do research and practise the game for quite a while to get into the upper rankings just to enjoy a game that is currently turning them off? That's like saying if you can't go flawless 1/10 games in CoD while running around with an OP weapon like Black Ops 1's Famas you won't get put into lobbies where people don't talk about fucking your mother or saying you suck while you're 20 and 3 and your attack dogs are currently ripping into peoples' throats. Basically, it's not a valid arguement.

And on top of that, some people just aren't all that great at certain types of games. I'll play 80% of game genres at an expert level if you put me in front of it for 1-2 hours and leave me alone, but tell me to play any RTS game and I bet a 5 year old child will beat me while eating a bowl of cereal and watching Bear in the Big Blue House at the same time. My brain + RTS = disaster. Tried for years in games like Empire Earth, Warcraft 3, Starcraft, R.U.S.E., etc. I just really suck at them. Thing is, I LOVE Warcraft 3. I still suck at it and will suck at it for probably the rest of my life, but even when losing I find it fun as hell. But if I couldn't play it without problems like the OP described unless I became semi-pro at the game? I'd just leave it alone. 

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Show us your data and sources for your claim please

From my experience this is mainly untrue (at least at the level I play at)

Most of the people I am matched with are well mannered and mature with the occasional troll - just like everything else

You are in the least competitive region, Australia has always been calmest scene in competitive titles. 

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

I think that those competitions are rigged. I don't see no skill neded in LOL. Nice post!

Or chinese/japanese/korean teens. (Don't think I'm racist, I listed all the chinese looking(thats racist) countrys I know)

wow you are incredibly dumb or just retarded

As you can tell by my avatar I am a LoL player and seeing comments from people that have never played it make me laugh so hard. The game has a very good design and flow, just because some random DotA 2 played says it is an easy game, doesn't mean it is. Before saying that try to get any further than Bronze II. 

wow you are incredibly dumb or just retarded

As you can tell by my avatar I am a LoL player and seeing comments from people that have never played it make me laugh so hard. The game has a very good design and flow, just because some random DotA 2 played says it is an easy game, doesn't mean it is. Before saying that try to get any further than Bronze II. 

Talking about dumb, ahem, G3258 on an H81 I might fucked up. Anyways the design is nice but yet how could someone beat another player with the same armour? I think it's luck in hitting mouse button right in the time when animation ends. Luck with pure adrenalin + 100% fun?

DOTA games are generally poisonous. Any competitive game would be in any case. It's a natural consequence of competitive environment. The only reason it doesn't happen in sports is that it's regulated

I think it's luck in hitting mouse button right in the time when animation ends

lol dude

• 1 year later...

Yeah... Me too. I hate also playing League of Legends. Especially if your team mate is insulting you using chat...which I feel that i dont have a chance to enjoy and be one of them. All i want is motivator but they are Noobing me more.

My friends are addicted in playing LOL, but I force them to play other games. Like Battlefield 4 or something that we can enjoyed with.

But the problem is they still playing on it, thats why I  quit and CONTINUE playing other games.. in solo mode.

My RIG CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K OC'ed 4.5 GHz Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS 10X Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z270M D3H RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4  GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256 bit GDDR5 Storage: SEAGATE Sv35 1 TB and WD Green 2 TB . PSU: Seasonic S12ii 520W Case: Cooler Master N200

don't even have to read the post. 

Grats. you're free now.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

If you dont want stress and stuff.. dont play online games then with pvp then... simple.

It's a game for little kids.

/thread

Nonsense

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just ignore those Idiots.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Out of all the games I've played, I've only come across one shitty player who called out blame on everyone. It's most fun to play with a team of people you know and are talking to.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd