I had to quit League of Legends

What's a GPU?

League of Legends is one of the most popular games in the world, it helped raise a new era of Esports and PC gaming, it has decent graphics and play-ability, and is overall one of the single best designed games I have ever played. Yet all of this is worthless to me for only one reason; the game is un-enjoyable. 

For those of you who have never played, this is the basics of how a typical solo/duo queue ranked game goes.

-You get into a lobby where you along with the other 4 teammates can pick your champions and figure out your roles.

-Either there is no communication between the team or there is at least one person who is already insulting players or demanding they receive a certain role or else they will intentionally throw the game or something along those lines.

-After some more insults or silence, the teams are picked and the game loads up.

-Now in the game, there is about a 5% chance someone on your team has either had their client crash or they intentionally left to go do something else.

-If this case is true then the team either starts complaining and telling others to report the AFK or in the EXTREMELY RARE cases the team remains calm and prepares a new strategy to play without the lost teammate.

-After a couple minutes of farming away in lanes or smiting away at some monsters in the jungle, inevitably someone has to die, and for some reason it always seems to be on your team (I still am not sure how this is true).

-The player who died was "lagging", the enemy champion is a counter or "SUPER OP", or it's another players fault for the death. All typical explanations you will see.

-The game continues on and people die here and there, chances are that you have been insulted multiple times by not only the enemy team who is usually just trash talking, but often by your own teammates who see the only productive way of communication to be picking every little bit of your gameplay and tearing it to shreds or even insulting you as a person and your family. But unlike an xbox or playstation match of CoD, this game will last likely 30-45 minutes and it is usually in the teams best interest to not mute the player.

-Once the laning phase has ended and towers have been destroyed, dragons slain, and blames passed out; it is about time for a team fight. 

-Each team fight has a potential to totally swing the direction of the game, so every action is important.

-Once you have gone through the first fight or two either your team is in good shape and you are feeling confident, or the more probable case; your team is down and every chance of a comeback is decimated by the arguing breaking out among allies. Everyone HAS to blame someone else for the loses.

-The game continues on and you either win or lose, either way someone will be insulting you.

-After the game, the post-match screen comes up with a chat lobby of all the players. This is mostly intended I believe to congratulate the Viktors (punny right?) and to look over the statistics of the match to see how you performed.

-What the post-match lobby almost always becomes is a complete shit show. Players threatening to report, cussing at one another, and giving other players instructions on how to uninstall the game.

Well today I decided to follow some of those last steps, and I did uninstall the game. Sure I will miss playing with some of my friends who spend a lot of time playing just like I did, but I still don't believe I will regret my decision. I simply believe playing League of Legends is mentally unhealthy. Video games exist to bring you into a new world, where you can be free of a lot of the stress we find outside of gaming. Video games are meant to bring excitement, joy, along with many other emotions. However I do not believe video games are intended to, nor do I wish to play games that intended to, cause stress or true anger. For me I found that League of Legends causes these emotions probably as often, if not more, than it ever made me feel relaxed or happy.

Maybe I am the only one that feels this way, but I truely think that League of Legends is a mostly un-enjoyable and an unhealthy use of my time. 

-J.T.

I read the headline. I applaud you good sir for whatever reason it may be. I am sure you will become a better person for it.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I read the headline. I applaud you good sir for whatever reason it may be. I am sure you will become a better person for it.

I hope so too!

-J.T.

I think that those competitions are rigged. I don't see no skill neded in LOL. Nice post!

Same for me. When all my friends played this game, everyone acted like total dickheads. Saying things like: ppffff bronzieee / nooob / low elo / ooh look at my golden border / etc. Quit the game 4 months ago. After playing it for a good 1000 hours.

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

I could argue endlessly that this is mostly farcical but that discussion will have no end so I will just pick a few

- Either there is no communication between the team or there is at least one person who is already insulting players or demanding they receive a certain role or else they will intentionally throw the game or something along those lines.

Not even 5% of the lobbies is like this is far be it limited to LoL. Dota? Russians and bad comps everywhere. Smite? 4 carries no initiate. Not limited to LoL so a pretty much pointless argument

-Now in the game, there is about a 5% chance someone on your team has either had their client crash or they intentionally left to go do something else.

-If this case is true then the team either starts complaining and telling others to report the AFK or in the EXTREMELY RARE cases the team remains calm and prepares a new strategy to play without the lost teammate.

In bronze 5 maybe. However if someone DC's at the very start of the game then you can bet money on it that he is having problems out of his control and 99% of the people will have no issues with this and the jungler replaces the lost position. Sure someone will call report but that sort of thing is unavoidable in ANY game that features a report system.

- Once you have gone through the first fight or two either your team is in good shape and you are feeling confident, or the more probable case; your team is down and every chance of a comeback is decimated by the arguing breaking out among allies. Everyone HAS to blame someone else for the loses.

Gee, blaming someone else is new now? I thought people always owned their mistake in any situation in any game. Kappa. Again, this argument is pointless. Most people will blame others because it makes you look like less of a fool and that's just being human.

I could go on but I won't, but I could

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

One of the reasons I mainly stick to playing vs ai when I do play.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I've stopped playing for nearly the exact same reasons! Although what really put me over the edge to stop playing was the nearly 30% chance for your or one of your teammates ping to skyrocket well into the thousands for the majority of the match and makes the game a guarenteed loss. I just got tired of being mad for 40 minutes at a time

I done the exact same thing and for good reason, The community is cancer, I'm convinced there will be a special place in hell for that game, It's not fun at all and it's just not worth the time and effort, 30 min+ games just to loose because of some idiots, Thanks but no thanks, What is also laughable to me is that everybody on that game plays to get higher elo so they can show off their skill in the game, Reality of it is only you the player cares, No on else could give a shit in the slightest about your elo, Stop excusing all the bullshit, 80% of the community is just complete retards sat in bronze and silver and play on potato pcs, Got better things to be doing than playing a game which has a community more toxic than Xbox Live during Modern Warfare 2 days

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

It's a game for little kids.

/thread

Insult a game and its playerbase because you dislike it

Great logic

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Insult a game and its playerbase because you dislike it

Great logic

I don't even dislike it, it's a game for kids and mainly kids play it.

Or chinese/japanese/korean teens. (Don't think I'm racist, I listed all the chinese looking(thats racist) countrys I know)

Not even going to start a discussion on how short sighted this is

Yet all of this is worthless to me for only one reason; the game is un-enjoyable.

Look, enlightenment! :)

@Archangel1994 How's that bottle neck bro :') RIG: I5-2400 @ 3.4 | MSI P67A-G45 | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1500MHz core/7800MHz memory)

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

@Archangel1994 How's that bottle neck bro :') RIG: I5-2400 @ 3.4 | MSI P67A-G45 | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1500MHz core/7800MHz memory)

Actually no bottleneck whatsoever. Enjoying my identical score to Jaystwocents that runs a 4790k with an OC.

How is this relevant to the thread -,-

You are the only short-sighted one in here. Complaining about one complaining about that game is ridiculous. He doesn't like it for that reasons

The I deem short sighted is not disliking the game

As a big CS fan and not so much a MOBA fna when I play both I can say even CSGO is extremely toxic. The list of all the sh*t is too long but I guess all the competitive games have some toxic things to them.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

lolol I don't get this people quitting Lol for this reasons. I've been playing league since S1 and I don't let any of thing of those stuff you just said get to me. I play rank if i wanna get serious and play normals if i wanna take a break from all those serious stuff. When in normal I called as specific lane and someone locked in that lane, I'll just let him have the lane cuz I can pretty much play any lane. Easy solution no need to rage or get a headache over thinking about it. Also I'm 99% sure that most people who plays rank is serious about the game. So yea.

Also, pretty much all of the competitive games out there right now is like this. So yea.

League of Legends is one of the most popular games in the world, it helped raise a new era of Esports and PC gaming, it has decent graphics and play-ability, and is overall one of the single best designed games I have ever played. Yet all of this is worthless to me for only one reason; the game is un-enjoyable. 

For those of you who have never played, this is the basics of how a typical solo/duo queue ranked game goes.

-You get into a lobby where you along with the other 4 teammates can pick your champions and figure out your roles.

-Either there is no communication between the team or there is at least one person who is already insulting players or demanding they receive a certain role or else they will intentionally throw the game or something along those lines.

-After some more insults or silence, the teams are picked and the game loads up.

-After a couple minutes of farming away in lanes or smiting away at some monsters in the jungle, inevitably someone has to die, and for some reason it always seems to be on your team (I still am not sure how this is true).

-The player who died was "lagging", the enemy champion is a counter or "SUPER OP", or it's another players fault for the death. All typical explanations you will see.

-The game continues on and people die here and there, chances are that you have been insulted multiple times by not only the enemy team who is usually just trash talking, but often by your own teammates who see the only productive way of communication to be picking every little bit of your gameplay and tearing it to shreds or even insulting you as a person and your family. But unlike an xbox or playstation match of CoD, this game will last likely 30-45 minutes and it is usually in the teams best interest to not mute the player.

-Once the laning phase has ended and towers have been destroyed, dragons slain, and blames passed out; it is about time for a team fight. 

-Each team fight has a potential to totally swing the direction of the game, so every action is important.

-Once you have gone through the first fight or two either your team is in good shape and you are feeling confident, or the more probable case; your team is down and every chance of a comeback is decimated by the arguing breaking out among allies. Everyone HAS to blame someone else for the loses.

-The game continues on and you either win or lose, either way someone will be insulting you.

-After the game, the post-match screen comes up with a chat lobby of all the players. This is mostly intended I believe to congratulate the Viktors (punny right?) and to look over the statistics of the match to see how you performed.

-What the post-match lobby almost always becomes is a complete shit show. Players threatening to report, cussing at one another, and giving other players instructions on how to uninstall the game.

Well today I decided to follow some of those last steps, and I did uninstall the game. Sure I will miss playing with some of my friends who spend a lot of time playing just like I did, but I still don't believe I will regret my decision. I simply believe playing League of Legends is mentally unhealthy. Video games exist to bring you into a new world, where you can be free of a lot of the stress we find outside of gaming. Video games are meant to bring excitement, joy, along with many other emotions. However I do not believe video games are intended to, nor do I wish to play games that intended to, cause stress or true anger. For me I found that League of Legends causes these emotions probably as often, if not more, than it ever made me feel relaxed or happy.

Maybe I am the only one that feels this way, but I truely think that League of Legends is a mostly un-enjoyable and an unhealthy use of my time. 

Seems fitting,

60816-Lakers-bro-deal-with-it-gif-9yFm.g

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

All you need to do is get better at the game and it will be fun

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

So essentially League Of Legends is like World Of Warcraft and Leeroy Jenkins?

Well the game is so popular and has very low system requirements what do you expect ? Teamwork,maturity,patience etc is part of the struggle in LOL and kids are all over the internet ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).