Need to get a case my cat can't sit on.

This is a weird request, but I need a case that can mount an H100i that my cat can't sit on, or that mounts the H100i on the back or something. My cat completely blocks off the top of my current case, so it gets a lot of fur on it, and no air goes in or out. Any help would be great :)

--

​AMD 965 BE

​Asus M4A87TD Evo

Radeon 6950

​8GB Corsair Dominator

​

The Fractal Design R4 / XL R2 should be able to mount a H100i in the front.

What kind of case do you got right now?

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

What other requirements do you have (number of 3.5" disks, 2.5" drives, design

preferences etc.)?

What about mounting the H100i in the front? The Fractal Design R4 should be able

to accommodate that (not sure if the tubes on the H100i are long enough).

Alternatively, mount something to the top of to PC case that deters your cat from

sitting on it. Something that's not dangerous, but uncomfortable enough to do the

job (maybe some wires or something like that). Although it would probably look

a bit hideous. :lol:

EDIT: Damn, too slow :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I would say the Nzxt phantom 410 is relatively cat proof because of the hump thing on top, i'm fairly sure it can fit a h100 too. 

Mod some spikes for the top of your case

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I think the problem with the h100 and most standard cases is that the hoses are too short for front mounting. You need a non-standard case like the new Corsair 540 or you can mount in the bottom of a CM 690 II Advanced with the help of a shroud.

If I were you, I'd ask if anyone was able to fit one in the front of the Nanoxia Deep Silence 1, because it's one the few cases in which you can keep the drives cages while also mounting a rad.

900D, or in the common language, the problemsolver XD 

Any case that can fit a rad in the front is good.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

My cat stopped sitting on my case after putting a few fan in the top, she does not like the air blowing on her.

Indeed, the cat could sit inside.

Or in the bottom compartiment.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

mount the fans on the outside of the case, he'll only try and sit on the case once.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Coolermaster HAF XB would be the answer, you can mount the H100 in the front

Let's agree to disagree

Here's an image I've found with an H100 in an R4's front. Assuming the H100i does not have

significantly shorter tubing, it should also be possible with that one.

116qqf7.jpg

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

mount the fans on the outside of the case, he'll only try and sit on the case once.

Kitteh will fly across the room with the fright. 

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Cats probably don't like sharp aluminum: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108431

My Phantom 410 also feels pretty cat-proof, but I don't have a cat to test it out. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Maybe some fan makers should create new fans and advertise them as "Ultra-high static pressure: Powerful enough to lift cats off your case"

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

You could try behaviour modification. Every time he sits on the case say "Bad kitty" and make funny faces at him or failing that strong shaming language. Contrary to popular belief with enough repetition cats can be trained.

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

zalman z11 plus (or to save some money but miss out on some cool lights and less fans the standard z11) if your cat sits on this case it must be very painful 

The Fractal Design R4 / XL R2 should be able to mount a H100i in the front.

What kind of case do you got right now?

The problem with the Fractal Design R4 is that's it's really ugly, in my opinion.. I don't yet have an H100i, but this is my case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146070

--

​AMD 965 BE

​Asus M4A87TD Evo

Radeon 6950

​8GB Corsair Dominator

​

Nope! he shouldn't get that he should get the Aerocool Xpredator. Thor v2 is just stole from Aerocool, if hes gonna buy that case than from the Original Developer! by the way i have this case and it shoud be Pretty Cat proof

I doubt a cat would like to sit on top of an NZXT phantom 630. The original and 410 suck BTW.

Alternatively, you could just put something pointy on the top of your case, and then your cat will hate it.