[Build Log] Black&White Switch 810 - Case change?

Deaven

Looks awesome. You should go with clear coolant

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

Why?

You dont think it will look good with mayhems ice white?

Clear coolant is just easier. I would go with white tubing If you would buy more) and distilled water. But it is perfectly fine and would look better with mayhems

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

very nice setup. i think the white coolant would look way better. beside that is still the plan right?

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

When I look at your pictures , those empty tubings look awesome and so I presume that clear cooling would look the same. They look great with the metal on the GPU and on that custom cover for PSU you made, and I like that very much. They add a little mirror/glass effect

Ultimately, your rig your choice, mate. It will look great either way you go. Great build, man

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

• 2 months later...

Very nice

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Looks really good!

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

• 11 months later...

Maybe its time for a case upgrade?... hmmm

YES!

I'm looking at Caselabs SMA8, and new watercooling possibilites(Acrylic,yes!)

I'm not sure about theme yet, but i'm looking into Red/Black any suggestions?

And these are the color variations of the case i have in mind:

Caselabs SMA8

Gunmetal Gray Outside

Black Inside

Black Outside

Black Inside

And fans.. Corsair SP/AF or Noiseblocker Blacksilent Pro?

Maybe its time for a case upgrade?... hmmm

YES!

I'm looking at Caselabs SMA8, and new watercooling possibilites(Acrylic,yes!)

I'm not sure about theme yet, but i'm looking into Red/Black any suggestions?

And these are the color variations of the case i have in mind:

Caselabs SMA8

Gunmetal Gray Outside

Black Inside

Black Outside

Black Inside

And fans.. Corsair SP/AF or Noiseblocker Blacksilent Pro?

Nice  :) 

if you're going black/red then black case makes the most sense to me

personally I LOVE the Noisblocker fans 

Go tj11, great case.

And deff the nb

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Thanks for the tip, but already kind of decided for the Caselabs SMA8

DSC_6544__80433.1405401411.1280.1280.JPG

That's great to (better actualy) I just like the tj11

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Case ordered!

103fdbb86e6148bec9fecdd4ca28107b.png

I must say its really burning in my wallet now. With taxes, this will cost me 850-900$ but i can't be arsed to have another case with bad build quality.

Also, i'm most likely going to be switching from i5 4670k, Sabertooth Z87, EVGA GTX770 to i7 4790k, Asus ROG board(Hero maybe?) and EVGA GTX980.

Case ordered!

103fdbb86e6148bec9fecdd4ca28107b.png

I must say its really burning in my wallet now. With taxes, this will cost me 850-900$ but i can't be arsed to have another case with bad build quality.

Also, i'm most likely going to be switching from i5 4670k, Sabertooth Z87, EVGA GTX770 to i7 4790k, Asus ROG board(Hero maybe?) and EVGA GTX980.

quality is not cheap :P

• 1 month later...

Case is finally in house, gonna see if i can set up a spot where i can take photo's with white background.

Also will be making a new buildlog when i start.

You sure the case is in your house or the house is in your case? Because that thing is massive. :P