Good pump for the money

Go to solution Solved by siberiansteel11,

Ya i was looking at EK pumps but i don't know which pump to choose

i'm using this http://www.ekwb.com/shop/pumps-and-accessories/pumps/ek-dcp-4-0-12v-dc-pump.html with this pump I'm pretty sure it can work with two water cooled gpu's

Hey there guys, so my friend is thinking about doing a custom watercooling loop and I'm doing the part picking at the moment because he's never done it before. At the moment I have a watercooling kit, but I want him to have a separate res and pump. I was thinking along the lines of a D5 pump but I don't know what pump specifically. So pretty much the question is, what pump would you guys suggest for a good price? Thank you guys and much appreciated!

Any D5 will be great, but I suggest a PWM one so you can have it run at a variable speed for even quieter operation :)

Also get a custom pump top for it, not the normal moulded plastic ugly looking thing.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Fleshlight is decent

Wait...

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I ONLY AND ONLY RECOMMEND EK PUMPS 3.0 OR 4.0 Ek has a low percentage of RMA. very reliable i'm using the 4.0 right now 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

I ONLY AND ONLY RECOMMEND EK PUMPS 3.0 OR 4.0 Ek has a low percentage of RMA. very reliable i'm using the 4.0 right now 

Any D5 will be great, but I suggest a PWM one so you can have it run at a variable speed for even quieter operation :)

Also get a custom pump top for it, not the normal moulded plastic ugly looking thing.

Thanks for the suggestion!  :D

i'm using this http://www.ekwb.com/shop/pumps-and-accessories/pumps/ek-dcp-4-0-12v-dc-pump.html with this pump I'm pretty sure it can work with two water cooled gpu's

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

Wow that's actually really good for the value haha I might have to pick one up myself!  :D

If you can afford it, always get a D5. The problem with these smaller pumps is that they need to run at higher rpm to create the same flow and pressure, which can get really loud. The D5 has almost 2x higher flow rate, so you can run it at much slower speeds without any decrease in performance.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you can afford it, always get a D5. The problem with these smaller pumps is that they need to run at higher rpm to create the same flow and pressure, which can get really loud. The D5 has almost 2x higher flow rate, so you can run it at much slower speeds without any decrease in performance.

How loud would they get? 

How loud would they get? 

louder than the D5, but EK doesnt list the dBa for those pumps...

Spoiler