TeamGroup announces Worlds First 16GB DDR4 Dimms

Source: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/memory/teamgroup_64gb_ddr4_kit_4x16gb/1

TeamGroup has just announced their newest line of Memory. 

a 64GB DDR4 kit of 4x16GB Dimms. Other sized kits are available (64GB, 32GB, 16GB)

The kit comes in speeds of:

DDR4 2666 CL15 16GBx4 /8GBx4 / 4GBx4

DDR4 2800 CL16 16GBx4 /8GBx4 / 4GBx4

DDR4 3000 CL16 16GBx4 /8GBx4 / 4GBx4

The kits come in two varients, the Dark Series and the Vulcan series. So basically a black and red colour scheme to match most builds. 

EDIT: The Dark series comes in Black, Blue, Silver and Red, while the Vulcan series comes in Red, Orange, Gold (That's how you do a gold colour Asus) and Blue. Maybe more colours in the future?

These Dimms are also Intel XMP 2.0 compatible

They also come with a Lifetime Warranty

06104528622l.jpg

Dark Series:

001_Dark_DDR4_Black_500.jpg 002_Dark_DDR4_Blue_500.jpg

003_Dark_DDR4_Gray_500.jpg 004_Dark_DDR4_Red_500.jpg

Vulcan Series:

001_OC_Vulcan_DDR4_Blue_500.jpg 002_OC_Vulcan_DDR4_Gold_500.jpg

003_OC_Vulcan_DDR4_Orange_500.jpg 004_OC_Vulcan_DDR4_Red_500.jpg

My thoughts?

We are finally there, 16GB DIMMS. And they don't look that bad in my opinion, especially the Dark series (EDIT: I take that back, After viewing all the colours, i prefer the Vulcan Series). They are supposed to be reliable, but only time will tell. The only problem i can see is,

How much will it cost for a 64GB Kit?

You can read up more on these kits are the sites below:

Dark: http://www.teamgroup.com.tw/filterable_product/tabs_detail/data/en/9/822/zfKsFi.html

Vulcan: http://www.teamgroup.com.tw/filterable_product/tabs_detail/data/en/9/819/zfKsFi.html

Your Opinions? 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Looks gash. But teenagers will lap it up

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Team is a cool company; they're japanese and japanese have good technology. I can see Team maybe becoming more popular from this

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Well seeing as the cheapest 32gb kit is over 400$, i can see a 64gb kit for 800-900$usd

The dark series looks to gskill for me, and the vulcan series is orange/red. I personally don't like neither. 

And mushkin needs to release their enhanced stealth version already(somewhat relevant)

"Looks gash"

New one to me

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

It's a shame they look pretty ugly

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

16gb black PCB. I'm all for it :P also, didn't linus mention upcoming video with 128gb of ddr4 in the last wan show ? Could this be it ?

On the picture the high profile heat spreaders look ugly to me too. Also it looks like they don't belong,if u know what I mean.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

16gb black PCB. I'm all for it :P also, didn't linus mention upcoming video with 128gb of ddr4 in the last wan show ? Could this be it ?

On the picture the high profile heat spreaders look ugly to me too. Also it looks like they don't belong,if u know what I mean.

Seems possible. X99 motherboards tend to (or all perhaps?) have 8 DIMM slots. 128GB divided by 8 is 16GB DIMM's.

However, I'm willing to bet he'll be using something Corsair or Crucial or maybe Kingston. Keep in mind that this is just the first 16GB DIMM. Now that this is out, you can be darn sure the other manufacturers are following.

I highly doubt that TeamGroup manufacturers actual memory chips, so odds are this is just an OEM rebrand of something else anyway with TeamGroup designed heat spreaders.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm with you on the High profile looks their not that bad but still...., I think the Vulcan series looks better

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Seems possible. X99 motherboards tend to (or all perhaps?) have 8 DIMM slots. 128GB divided by 8 is 16GB DIMM's.

However, I'm willing to bet he'll be using something Corsair or Crucial or maybe Kingston. Keep in mind that this is just the first 16GB DIMM. Now that this is out, you can be darn sure the other manufacturers are following.

I highly doubt that TeamGroup manufacturers actual memory chips, so odds are this is just an OEM rebrand of something else anyway with TeamGroup designed heat spreaders.

I think they might actually make the chips as they also make SSD's and USB sticks / memory cards but they could just be an OEM brand.

EDIT: Team Group product offerings include its original Team brand name memory modules, various memory cards and USB Disks. The company also accepts commissions from clients to design OEM brands or OEM outsourcing projects from renowned international manufacturers.

Edited by Alexp10v2

Ryze of the Phoenix: 

I'm 14, and I think the dark series looks like ass

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Finally Team makes some decent heat spreaders! I can get performance and aesthetics, all in one purchase.. This is pretty good, we're closer to what we were being told DDR4 would be (if you completely ignore the very common "it'll be a bajillion times faster" statement).

As for anyone saying these look dumb/ugly/whatever, they're a great design. I'm a big fan of G.Skill SKUs, except maybe 2 of the older spreaders they're pretty fantastic. This beats everything but Ripjaws Z, honestly. And Team is another really good brand for performance RAM. I'm happy, they've accomplished a lot in one product release..