No Video Output on New Build

charlezprice

Before directing me to a checklist on what to do before panicking about my PC not posting, PLEASE READ MY FULL POST.

LET ME FIRST START THIS BY SAYING I AM A RATHER EXPERIENCED PC BUILDER. I'VE BUILT AT LEAST 10 SYSTEMS FOR MYSELF AND OTHERS. I DO NOT CLAIM TO NOT MAKE MISTAKES, BUT I HAVE THOROUGHLY CHECKED FOR ANY MISTAKES I HAVE MADE AND I CANNOT FIND ONE.

So, after attending a couple LAN parties with some buddies with my main PC, I realized I had enough spare, decent parts to build a dedicated LAN PC, all I had to do was order a small case.

Boom. 2 days later thanks to Amazon Prime, I receive my Silverstone PS08 case. Let me first say that I am building the lan pc out of old-ish(18 months) parts that have been sitting in their boxes for the past 6 months.

So, I get to building, and all is pretty normal. It's a little bit difficult to work in a smaller case, but honestly I don't care what my lan pc looks like on the inside in terms of wires. 

After finishing what I believe to be a relatively stress free build, I boot it up for the first time. I have my Windows 8 CD in my tray and I'm ready to install an OS, However, there is no video output on my Monitor. I am using the same GPU from my main build in the lan pc (new GPU for main is coming tomorrow) and it works perfectly in my Main PC(using it right now actually) however, it does not work on my lan build. I have tried another GPU, which is an old Radeon 7750, and the same thing occurs. Everything starts up like normal, all fans are spinning, even the ones on the GPU.

Just no Image. So I need help. I'm a little desperate at this point and any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Specs are posted here just in case it might help:

Intel Core i5 3350P CPU

Asus HM61-A/USB3 Motherboard (I think this may be the issue)

8GB Crucial Ballistix Ram

PowerColor Radeon R9 270x Devil edition 2gb.

500w Cooler Master PSU  (Not the greatest, but really all I need to power my relatively low power drawing system)

I'm really stumped guys. Please try and help!

Power connected to the GPU? Using the correct cables? Monitor is plugged into GPU? Checked the input source on the monitor? Have you tried other monitors?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Power connected to the GPU? Using the correct cables? Monitor is plugged into GPU? Checked the input source on the monitor? Have you tried other monitors?

Yes. I've done all these things. Like I said, I am even using the GPU in my main build right now that I want to put in the other build. But it's still not posting with the specific motherboard I have in my lan pc. I've tried two different GPUs in both builds and they both work in my main build, yet fail to post in my new one. I have no idea.

Try integrated graphics if possible, if there's no post then then there must be something off with your motherboard

Try integrated graphics if possible, if there's no post then then there must be something off with your motherboard

I cri ever tim. My model cpu is the only i5 without integrated graphics. So unfortunately I have no way of testing that :(

If the powers connected to the graphics card and your power supplies able to keep up with the system load then you're looking at a DOA part man

Before directing me to a checklist on what to do before panicking about my PC not posting, PLEASE READ MY FULL POST.

LET ME FIRST START THIS BY SAYING I AM A RATHER EXPERIENCED PC BUILDER. I'VE BUILT AT LEAST 10 SYSTEMS FOR MYSELF AND OTHERS. I DO NOT CLAIM TO NOT MAKE MISTAKES, BUT I HAVE THOROUGHLY CHECKED FOR ANY MISTAKES I HAVE MADE AND I CANNOT FIND ONE.

So, after attending a couple LAN parties with some buddies with my main PC, I realized I had enough spare, decent parts to build a dedicated LAN PC, all I had to do was order a small case.

Boom. 2 days later thanks to Amazon Prime, I receive my Silverstone PS08 case. Let me first say that I am building the lan pc out of old-ish(18 months) parts that have been sitting in their boxes for the past 6 months.

So, I get to building, and all is pretty normal. It's a little bit difficult to work in a smaller case, but honestly I don't care what my lan pc looks like on the inside in terms of wires. 

After finishing what I believe to be a relatively stress free build, I boot it up for the first time. I have my Windows 8 CD in my tray and I'm ready to install an OS, However, there is no video output on my Monitor. I am using the same GPU from my main build in the lan pc (new GPU for main is coming tomorrow) and it works perfectly in my Main PC(using it right now actually) however, it does not work on my lan build. I have tried another GPU, which is an old Radeon 7750, and the same thing occurs. Everything starts up like normal, all fans are spinning, even the ones on the GPU.

Just no Image. So I need help. I'm a little desperate at this point and any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Specs are posted here just in case it might help:

Intel Core i5 3350P CPU

Asus HM61-A/USB3 Motherboard (I think this may be the issue)

8GB Crucial Ballistix Ram

PowerColor Radeon R9 270x Devil edition 2gb.

500w Cooler Master PSU  (Not the greatest, but really all I need to power my relatively low power drawing system)

I'm really stumped guys. Please try and help!

Your motherboard bios has to be updated to support the Ivybridge 3350P. H61 supports Sandybridge out of the box. No updated bios = no post.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/202614-pc-powers-up-for-split-second-and-the-fans-stop/page-2#entry2816568

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

Your motherboard bios has to be updated to support the Ivybridge 3350P. H61 supports Sandybridge out of the box. No updated bios = no post.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/202614-pc-powers-up-for-split-second-and-the-fans-stop/page-2#entry2816568

Thank you for the reply. This may actually just be the issue. However, I do not have a spare cpu in order to access my BIOS. Does this mean I am just SOL until I can find a sandy bridge cpu?

Thank you for the reply. This may actually just be the issue. However, I do not have a spare cpu in order to access my BIOS. Does this mean I am just SOL until I can find a sandy bridge cpu?

You can always buy a cheap sandy bridge dual core, update bios, then return it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116399&cm_re=sandy_bridge_1155-_-19-116-399-_-Product

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

The mobo doesn't update bios via usb stick?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

It is the BIOS version, I had the exact same problem on my current computer when upgrading from a pentium 4 to a core 2 duo, all I needed to do was get the latest version and install it using the built in EZ flash before using the newer CPU. (Another possible cause if it was an older mobo is incompatibilities between the graphics card and the pcie version -amd pcie v3 cards don't work on pcie v1 slots, unlike nvidia ones, even a gtx 970 works properly.)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL