PayPal has officially launched its Pay After Delivery service..

Payday...
paypal-pay-after-delivery.jpg

Pay After Delivery, a paypal service which introduced to order items online without  having to make the payment immediate , the company officially announced this at the Money2020 payments event in Las Vegas today. The payment firm also revealed new partnerships with Burger King and GoDaddy as well as with Visa firms Authorize.net and Cybersource.

Pay After Delivery lets PayPal users pay for their goods up to 14 days after they choose to make a purchase

paypal-logo-imt.png

The company piloted Pay After Delivery in the U.K. last year and then tested it earlier this year in the U.S. PayPal has decided it is now ready to launch the service officially, saying that “millions of consumers” have tried it and the time is now right for a marketing push.

While shoppers get to buy and pay later, merchants still get paid immediately, meaning PayPal is essentially offering a two-week loan.

The goal, as PayPal puts it, is to give customers “the same level of confidence whether they shop online or in store.” While shoppers get to buy and pay later, merchants still get paid immediately, meaning PayPal is essentially offering a two-week loan.

Delivery-Boxes-Feature.jpg

Furthermore, the company is “looking to roll out Pay After Delivery globally,” . PayPal currently has over 157 million customers in 203 markets around the world. If this service catches on, it could become another differentiator for the payment platform.

Fast food customers will soon be able to pay for their meals using PayPal, thanks to a collaboration with app developer Tillster, which built Burger King for Android and iOS. Users will be able to order food before they arrive, for which the app will generate a one-time code. Their PayPal account will be charged when they present the code to the cashier before receiving their food.

hdr_00168_tittle.gif

Initially, Tillster will turn the feature on for only select locations. It will roll out to all U.S. locations by sometime early next year.

PayPal is facing increased competition from all sides of the tech industry. It’s exactly new features like Pay After Delivery and deals like the above that will help it stay relevant

Bonus:

one-does-not-simply-use-paypal-thumb.jpg

Post your thoughts/comments & rants down belooooooowwwww...........

Link:
http://venturebeat.com/2014/11/03/paypal-officially-launches-pay-after-delivery-service-announces-order-ahead-for-u-s-burger-king-locations/

Details separate people.

I'm going to order the most expensive thing I can using a fake ID n' stuff then I will kill the delivery guy and run away with that... thing.

Interesting... I can see this being quite handy.

I remember Elon Musk saying how if he was still the owner of Paypal he'd fix a lot of the areas of the service where he thinks needs improvement. I wonder if this is a improvement in his eyes. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

As a buyer:

-snip-

As a seller however:

-snip-

The seller is still getting the payment from PayPal during transaction, nothing has changed there. It is just giving the buyers a small window to make the return process easier for them.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I'm assuming to ensure there's no tricky business going on, you'll have to have a credit card or debit mastercard connected to PayPal so if you don't pay, they'll just take the money straight out themselves, regardless of whether you have a sufficient (positive) balance

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

The seller is still getting the payment from PayPal during transaction, nothing has changed there. It is just giving the buyers a small window to make the return process easier for them.

What I would like to know is this:

Is the customer charged right away? I would hope yes. If they want to do this, then they should be charging the customer right away, and then putting the money in an escrow account that PayPal holds on behalf of the seller.

I mean it's all fine and dandy if the customer is not charged right away, but I can just see there being way too much potential for abuse if that is the case.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm assuming to ensure there's no tricky business going on, you'll have to have a credit card or debit mastercard connected to PayPal so if you don't pay, they'll just take the money straight out themselves, regardless of whether you have a sufficient (positive) balance

I don't know how it works in Australia, but in Canada, if your balance is insufficient, then the charge will be rejected. How it does this depends on credit vs debit.

With a credit card, the charge will simply be refused. With a debit card, the charge will go through, wait for your bank to be all "OH NO, NOT ENOUGH MONEY HERE!", reverse the charge, and charge you (the buyer) an NSF fee (Non-sufficient funds), which is usually around $45.

Some bank accounts have overdraft protection that basically acts as a small line of credit, in case your balance is insufficient, but generally this is a feature that must be applied for, and approved with a credit check. Other banks may charge a micro NSF fee, without reversing the charge (Your balance just goes into the negative, and you get charged $5).

So the problem here is that if you the buyer has tapped out all your money, and PayPal tries to withdraw the funds you owe them, they won't be able to get their money.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What I would like to know is this:

Is the customer charged right away? I would hope yes. If they want to do this, then they should be charging the customer right away, and then putting the money in an escrow account that PayPal holds on behalf of the seller.

I mean it's all fine and dandy if the customer is not charged right away, but I can just see there being way too much potential for abuse if that is the case.

As far as i know from  the source, paypal is under loan period in between the order confirm &  delivery date , most probably there won't be a gimmick to that, ofcourse it can be abused but maybe they will  later charge them since paypal is linked via their bank account & they can scoop up their payment if the buyer is being fraudulent, i read up on their t&c , it doesn't say any thing about overcharging

I don't know how it works in Australia, but in Canada, if your balance is insufficient, then the charge will be rejected. How it does this depends on credit vs debit.

With a credit card, the charge will simply be refused. With a debit card, the charge will go through, wait for your bank to be all "OH NO, NOT ENOUGH MONEY HERE!", reverse the charge, and charge you (the buyer) an NSF fee (Non-sufficient funds), which is usually around $45.

Some bank accounts have overdraft protection that basically acts as a small line of credit, in case your balance is insufficient, but generally this is a feature that must be applied for, and approved with a credit check. Other banks may charge a micro NSF fee, without reversing the charge (Your balance just goes into the negative, and you get charged $5).

So the problem here is that if you the buyer has tapped out all your money, and PayPal tries to withdraw the funds you owe them, they won't be able to get their money.

Yup same with this, only debit will allow the due not credit if payment is over the credit amount, otherwise there will be no transaction happening..

Details separate people.

Ebay already screws sellers. Now that sellers have been screwed so much, ebay realized they're not so tight anymore. So they had the widen the shaft of buyer-bias for a snug fit. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

From the looks of things, the seller would have to actually enable this for the transaction. I'm sure if I'm selling something on eBay I can choose to enable Pay After Delivery for the item I'm selling or not.

I cannot confirm from personal experience, but I'm pretty sure that if you connect just a bank account to PayPal (no credit/debit mastercard) the payment will just be rejected as well. It seems like the systems in both countries are pretty much identical - I might've just worded what I said badly. I'm sure in Aus as well, an insufficient credit card payment would be rejected as well

Anyways yeah, you're 100% right, if you just have a sole bank account connected to paypal (without debit card) and your credit card is rejected, there's nothing they can really do. Even if they make debit cards necessary and one ends up having to pay an NSF fee, the charge will still be reversed, Paypal doesn't get their money and you'll still have your 'unpaid' for item in your possession (despite the ~$45). 

I wonder what system they had in place for the trials

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

I cannot confirm from personal experience, but I'm pretty sure that if you connect just a bank account to PayPal (no credit/debit mastercard) the payment will just be rejected as well. It seems like the systems in both countries are pretty much identical - I might've just worded what I said badly. I'm sure in Aus as well, an insufficient credit card payment would be rejected as well

Anyways yeah, you're 100% right, if you just have a sole bank account connected to paypal (without debit card) and your credit card is rejected, there's nothing they can really do. Even if they make debit cards necessary and one ends up having to pay an NSF fee, the charge will still be reversed, Paypal doesn't get their money and you'll still have your 'unpaid' for item in your possession (despite the ~$45). 

I wonder what system they had in place for the trials

I can confirm that at least here in Canada, you'll get dinged for that $45 NSF fee regardless of whether a Debit Card is associated with your account. You get the same fee if a cheque bounces, for example. Of course now I'm getting a little off track :P

But PayPal is a huge (and successful) company. They're not stupid. They must have done research into this, and either came to different conclusions then we did, or they simply have more information then us.

How come this is new to Paypal?

This service has been default for Lazada (a local online shop with terrible web design sense) since it started... Cash-on-delivery is what they call it, which is nice since not everyone has a credit/debit card here and security is less than ideal...

How come this is new to Paypal?

This service has been default for Lazada (a local online shop with terrible web design sense) since it started... Cash-on-delivery is what they call it, which is nice since not everyone has a credit/debit card here and security is less than ideal...

This goes even further then Cash On Delivery. They will have (depending on delivery speed) a week or so to try the item out before paying, according to this.

I think Cash on Delivery makes more sense, from the convenience aspect. It would also make defrauding a little more difficult, as you can have the Courier not hand over the package unless they pay.

It's a neat service, that's for sure. I can totally see myself using this.

COMIC SANS

More debt.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

More debt.

Uhm.... wat?

Can you please elaborate on your... extremely vague statement?

I'm going to order the most expensive thing I can using a fake ID n' stuff then I will kill the delivery guy and run away with that... thing.

I have a funny feeling this will be limited to accounts that are fully verified and have a bank account linked. So if you decide not to pay they will come knocking :P.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Uhm.... wat?

Can you please elaborate on your... extremely vague statement?

"Pay After Delivery, a paypal service which introduced to order items online without  having to make the payment immediate"

Sounds like an increase in credit card debt to me.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

This was piloted in the UK last year? How did I not know about it? 

"Pay After Delivery, a paypal service which introduced to order items online without  having to make the payment immediate"

Sounds like an increase in credit card debt to me.

Could be. However, you still have to pay within a very short time frame. More like a Micro-loan or Pay-day loan, but with zero percent interest.

I definitely think there's room for abuse, but I'm willing to bet that PayPal has thought this through fairly well.

I can finally safely shop on ebay and avoid a seller saying he sent the item weeks ago ang getting into long process of getting my money back. Guess ill be getting my Oculus Rift from ebay without worrying :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I can finally safely shop on ebay and avoid a seller saying he sent the item weeks ago ang getting into long process of getting my money back. Guess ill be getting my Oculus Rift from ebay without worrying :)

Buy from Sellers with 100% feedback (Or within a couple percent, and check their feedback to see why they don't have 100%). Honestly, buyers have way more protection then Sellers do.

Also, if you are buying an Oculus Rift on eBay then WHY ARE YOU NOT GETTING IT SHIPPED WITH TRACKING AND INSURANCE? If it comes with tracking, then what you describe is a non-issue. Oculus ain't cheap bro, don't cheap out. Get tracked shipping.

Buy from Sellers with 100% feedback (Or within a couple percent, and check their feedback to see why they don't have 100%). Honestly, buyers have way more protection then Sellers do.

Also, if you are buying an Oculus Rift on eBay then WHY ARE YOU NOT GETTING IT SHIPPED WITH TRACKING AND INSURANCE? If it comes with tracking, then what you describe is a non-issue. Oculus ain't cheap bro, don't cheap out. Get tracked shipping.

I havent done anything yet, just used a terrible example of someone else on the forum ;)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE