What is the best gaming headset right now?

Patfenis

Hi my headset just broke and I was wondering, what the best gaming headset on the market is right now. 

btw I don't care about price I just want the best, and I want a pair of headphones that don't hurt your ears after 5 hours of gaming.

Linus seems to love the HyperX cloud

EDIT: just remembered the Sennheiser Game Zero and Lew from UnboxTherapy seems to love them, but headphones tend to be more personal preference

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Roccat Kave XTD

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

The Sennheiser G4ME Zero's are great. They sound great as well as being very comfortable even after 5+ hours of use. 

I have worn them 8 hours at a time and they still feel great.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I own clouds, sennheiser and beyerdynamic headphones, and the clouds are the most confy of the bunch (leather) to me... also they look amazing, sturdy, sound reasonably well and cost nothing.

I highly suggest you read the audio FAQ.

If you really want the best you'll get a pair of headphones and a desktop mic. There are passible headsets, but nothing great.

I really suggest getting something like AKG K612's or DT 990's + mod mic or a blue snowflake.

HyperX Cloud's are simply great

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Yeah if price is no issue then go browse Sennheiser's website.
For those checking this out with an actual budget:

I've had Corsair's vengeance 2000 for over a year now and I love them. Super comfy, great sound and decent 5.1/7.1 emulation. They are wireless with a USB receiver, (which means not compatible with regular audio jacks though) with very good range. I can wonder around my house with only the furthest corners loosing signal. They reconnect super fast and I still get the advertised 10-11 hours battery life. They charge super quick through a long usb cable that you can continue using while they charge without damaging the battery life. Very good build quality, and sturdy, I've bashed them and dropped them quite a few times and they survived well. Oh and they have a decent built in mic that tucks away nicely. That's enough otherwise I'll start sounding like I work for Corsair, but they are really good.

Edit: The Vengeance 2100 are the latest ones now

Also if you're getting some serious phones, get a dac+amp or at least a really good soundcard.

If you really don't care about budget, my own setup is HD800 + Yeti which I think works very well.

Hd800

Op

Anyways

If its a 'headset' for PC then get

Audio technica ath ag1

Seinheiser game zero

Beyerdynamic mmx300

These wreck the Kingston for a higher price

There's a reason why Linus is not using it

If u are using it for consoles also

Plantronics rig

Seinheiser game one

Astro a50 gen 2

If your using headphone and mic combo

Seinheiser hdj serires

Beyerdynamic custom one pro/dt series

These are more bassy brands for gaming and they do not fall behind on the other categories these are really very good

I personally recommend hdj8 and custom one pro

Are brands you consider

They have so many headphones with many sound signatures and prices so Idk what u want

If your really so rich then get seinheiser Morpheus ard $10000 Lol

DACs and amps for Ur high powered headphones

Mayflower electronics

Schiit audio

Fiio (amps)

Microphones for Ur headphones

Antlion modmic

Blue yeti

At2020

If you want USB headset then get cosair vengeance 2100(wireless)

Ur welcome :)

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Hd800

Op

Anyways

If its a 'headset' for PC then get

Audio technica ath ag1

Seinheiser game zero

Beyerdynamic mmx300

These wreck the Kingston for a higher price

There's a reason why Linus is not using it

If u are using it for consoles also

Plantronics rig

Seinheiser game one

Astro a50 gen 2

If your using headphone and mic combo

Seinheiser hdj serires

Beyerdynamic custom one pro/dt series

These are more bassy brands for gaming and they do not fall behind on the other categories these are really very good

I personally recommend hdj8 and custom one pro

Are brands you consider

They have so many headphones with many sound signatures and prices so Idk what u want

If your really so rich then get seinheiser Morpheus ard $10000 Lol

DACs and amps for Ur high powered headphones

Mayflower electronics

Schiit audio

Fiio (amps)

Microphones for Ur headphones

Antlion modmic

Blue yeti

At2020

If you want USB headset then get cosair vengeance 2100(wireless)

Ur welcome :)

wow thanks for the info man, I already have custom one pros so I was more looking for a gaming headset like the corsair vengeance and similar gaming headphones. Thanks again for helping out an audio noob :) 

What's that supposed to mean? OP specifically stated that price doesn't matter, so I don't consider it a factor.

SR-009/HE-90????????????

i expect better from u wizzie

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

As others have mentioned. According to Linus the HyperX Cloud Pros are the best price/performance gaming headsets at the moment. Seeing as how picky he is about sound quality, that's a pretty good recommendation. Definitely my choice if I was in the market for a new headset.

2x GTX780 (@1.29ghz) | 2x 840evo 250GB raid0 | i5 4690k (@4.7ghz) | Watercooled Modded H440 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255872-project-whiteout-v20-h440-watercooled-3xradiators-10-fans

I'm not even convinced those would be the best for gaming.

I think the 009 has better imagining, but whether or not they are is a different story

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089