Half-Life 3 Campaign Released!

deadaccount69

There is already ~$1500 given to them. Proves that the old addage "there is a sucker born every minute" is still very much true.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Nah, the games were shit.

I really enjoyed them. My fave was undoubtedly the black mesa remake of the original.

I really enjoyed them. My fave was undoubtedly the black mesa remake of the original.

Well..I didn't... They were boring.

Your title hurt my feelings..

post-104353-0-60449300-1414779984.jpg

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

Well..I didn't... They were boring.

ever tred playing doom? or wolf 3d? those were boring. hl was positively revolutionary for the time. these days? not so revolutionary. but i really appreciate it for its history. i would much rather play it than the newer fps games like cod. i found it really entertaining, although compared to cod, halo, etc the replay value is very low.

ever tred playing doom? or wolf 3d? those were boring. hl was positively revolutionary for the time. these days? not so revolutionary. but i really appreciate it for its history. i would much rather play it than the newer fps games like cod. i found it really entertaining, although compared to cod, halo, etc the replay value is very low.

I have played those actually, all three of them are boring. :P

I have played those actually, all three of them are boring. :P

what i meant was, as a 1997 gamer, if you were used to doom and wolf 3d and the crazy amount of boring they were, hl would have been absolutely amazing.

Next one is going to be Half-Life 2 episode 4, not HL3.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Isn't this old news? There are already people who did this

Besides, valve has shown no interest in continuing the series, or any single player games for that matter, and most of the people shouting this hl3 me me never played the old games, I know I have no plans to

Also, OP why would you use that title, its obnoxious click bait.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Isn't this old news? There are already people who did this

Besides, valve has shown no interest in continuing the series, or any single player games for that matter, and most of the people shouting this hl3 me me never played the old games, I know I have no plans to

Also, OP why would you use that title, its obnoxious click bait.

i searched the forums and found no previous post. the title was kinda a joke. i played all the previous games(except ep2. i am still working on it) and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Not like it's gonna make a difference on what Valve thinks

100% this

If valve do not want to make it...forcing them to do it is absurd... they will either make some shitty concession to fans and it will be the most disspointing game ever..

or more likely they will just ignore us and tell us to go fuck ourselves

By far one of the most retarded crowd funding campaigns ever. 

this is also 100% true

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Thinking that Valve somehow doesn't know how much people want HL3 is like thinking that people don't think they need to breath air to survive. It's retarded and a waste of money, I would fully support the decision to never release HL3 and I hope that Valve makes that decision but never announces it so people keep hoping and hoping only to have the realization one day that it's never coming and their dreams get crushed. Then on that day...I will fap...I will fap and think about all of the tears of rage streaming down the faces of the fans and I will enjoy it thoroughly and then I shall eat pie and watch Spongebob Squarepants.

That... is seriously twisted :P I think you should see help, good sir!

Back on topic. This campaign is straight up unethical. It won't make the game release any faster (or at all potentially). All it does, is steal money from people duped into thinking this could possibly succeed.

HL3 has been so overhyped, it's crazy.

Honestly, I wish Valve would do this: quietly finish the game, with everything under top-secret lock & key, and then plop an announcement on the Front Page of Steam one day, without ANY warning, publicity, or advertising, saying:

"Oh yeah, HL3 is released today, go download and play it right now, no big deal."

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

i searched the forums and found no previous post. the title was kinda a joke. i played all the previous games(except ep2. i am still working on it) and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Oh, you haven't beat HL2:Ep2? Oh you poor soul. You don't know whats coming. The ending is equally parts awesome, utterly depressing, and utterly rage inducing (you'll understand why after).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Oh, you haven't beat HL2:Ep2? Oh you poor soul. You don't know whats coming. The ending is equally parts awesome, utterly depressing, and utterly rage inducing (you'll understand why after).

i am about 2/3 through.

That... is seriously twisted :P I think you should see help, good sir!

Back on topic. This campaign is straight up unethical. It won't make the game release any faster (or at all potentially). All it does, is steal money from people duped into thinking this could possibly succeed.

HL3 has been so overhyped, it's crazy.

Honestly, I wish Valve would do this: quietly finish the game, with everything under top-secret lock & key, and then plop an announcement on the Front Page of Steam one day, without ANY warning, publicity, or advertising, saying:

"Oh yeah, HL3 is released today, go download and play it right now, no big deal."

i pray that they are busy doing that. it is simply the best option.

Discaimer: i do not actually pray every night about half life 3. That would be obsessive, weird, and insane.

Oh i wasn't trying to say that you hadn't played, i was saying a lot of people asking for it haven't 

i don't expect it to ever release because it will be disappointing regardless, linearity is considered a negative these days

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

News flash to kids who have no sense of how a business works

Valve is a privately owned company - and likes it that way

Which means they don't want investors pushing their decisions on anything - they want to make THEIR OWN decisions

So good luck convincing them to launch development (millions and millions of actual dollars and development time) just because you signed some stupid internet petition

get over it

without ANY warning, publicity, or advertising, saying:

THAT would be an insane day... I would probably cry

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This is why I like LTT, more than 92% of members know what's up.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

This is why I like LTT, more than 92% of members know what's up.

I don't know what poll you're looking at, but:

post-8505-0-12380500-1414788666.jpg

Meaning that over 7% actually think it's a GOOD idea (They are wrong, and haven't thought it through logically), and almost 16% don't care one way or the other.

I assume you're combing the 76% and the 16% to come to the conclusion that 92% know whats up, but I beg to disagree. The 16% who don't care, do not know whats up. If they did, they'd realize this is "retarded", as the OP so eloquently put it.

lttpollopsgj.jpg

^This

Half-Life 3 is so hyped and delayed for so long, that no matter how good it'd be, it will never be able to live up for the hype. So basically, the hype killed HL3.

Duke Nukem. That franchise was over hyped and look what the company spent so long developing. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)