Logitech G600 MMO Gaming mouse

bosfreak

Hi guys, this review is about the Logitech G600 as the title implies.

I bought this mouse 4 months ago for about €70 ($50) mainly for playing WoW.

First, I wanted to buy a razer naga, but a friend of mine with whom I play WoW recommended this one.

It feels great in my medium sized hand and the rubber on the right side of the mouse makes feel it extremely comfortable. The mouse is fulky coated with a kind of hydrophobic coating which makes it easier to clean.

the biggest thing you notice when you first see the mouse is the third button, this button is calles the "G-shift" and it is used for doubling the amount of numbers you have in the first and the second modes by simply making them 'control one', 'control two' etc., this button is really usefull in MMO's where you have more then 12 spells.

The twelve buttons on the left side can be configured to do anything, but on default they are set to: 1 to 0 and - and =, but they can be configured to be everything on the first mode, the second of the three modes is about the same but it uses the NUM pad keys, the last mode is a shooter profile where the first six buttons represent 1 to 6 and the rest of the buttons is set to dpi shifts and things like 'e'.

Then the software that you download on the logitech website. It is fairly easy to use and you can set every button on the mouse to whatever you want, being it a simple digit like 1 or 7 or even an advanced macro, you can also configure the way the lights on the side look, you can choose between switching colours, a single colour with a breathing effect or just onr colour. However, you can't control the LED's individually.

Even though the software is pretty simple and easy to use, sometimes it just will not work correctly, this can be extremely annoying when you switch games and thus profiles (it does this automaticly by the way) and the standard profile or the last used profile stay's loaded.

Overall I think this is a great mouse for playing MMO's, mainly because of the twelve buttons on the side and the g-shift button which doubles the amount of spells you can use with the sidebuttons. The software is easy to use but sometimes it doesn't work properly, when this happens it is extremely annoying.

I would certainly reccomend this mouse to anyone who play's MMO's because of the plethora of buttons and the great comfort.

I hope this review was usefull, if you see any spelling errors please tell me so i can correct them.

Bosfreak

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

It was a nice review, just lacking some cool HD 8K pictures :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Good thing ya didnt buy the Naga, its a low quality piece of plastic.

source: I have one -_-

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

How big are your hands? I was looking at MMO mice a few months ago and the Naga fit my (pretty small) hands perfectly. 

Also, nice review!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Great review! The G600 MMO is such a phenomenal product.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Got the white version, love it so much. Glad i bought this over the naga.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I have the more general use and FPS logitech the g700 which I LOVE. Its also wireless which I cant live without. Even the TINIEST wire pull drives me nuts. Plus if you aren't into that you can just plug it in and it doesnt feel like they just included a wire - it feels like they actually designed for it to work well with the wire. Really love my mouse (and its ergo shape)

• 8 months later...

How would you say this mouse would be for use with programs for productivity? Such as assigning macros to the keys to use shortcuts to commands and to get work done faster.

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

Excellent review of nice product.  :)

Catman - a Wolverine wanna be 

i personally like the naga more. The buttons "feel" better to me. the G600 felt mushy when i pressed them...unles they switched switches.... then i would go and try it too..

How would you say this mouse would be for use with programs for productivity? Such as assigning macros to the keys to use shortcuts to commands and to get work done faster.

It's so amazing use it for cad programs and makes thing so much easier

^Agreed, I use the 3 modes for gaming/working/browsing and it's very instinctive, fast and ergonomic.

It's so amazing use it for cad programs and makes thing so much easier

Sounds like the mouse for me! (except its $50 price tag!)

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

Sounds like the mouse for me! (except its $50 price tag!)

I got it for $20 new on eBay....

I sometimes use the mouse for Adobe Photoshop or Premiere, and the buttons really help with everything, I have assigned a lot of functionality to them to work faster.

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie