Xbox One Price Droppped to $349 for the Holiday Season

Oh look, and I was right. People like you came into the thread instantly and, oh look, started shitposting.

Glad I'm not the only person that noticed it.

You are the only one shitposting.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

You wish people would shove idea down your throat; because otherwise you don't get it.

I could not care less for your complaint about people being called peasant.  I assure you, it was not without reason.

You are the only one shitposting.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

So how long do you really think you can keep doing this?

When people have a different opinion, you either leave it alone, or you return with a well-constructed, well-mannered counterargument.  I have already told you this before, but if you want to deliver a point, be polite about it. Then others may consider your points, and return a good debate. If you annoy people right off the bat, then whatever information you bring to the table will be in vain. You may be in fact correct in your points, but people will still ignore your argument, and instead focus on your attitude.

Some people choose to be PC-only, some people choose to be console-only, and some people choose to have both. That is their decision to make, not ours. If they made a "stupid" choice, then so be it. They have different priorities from you. If I see someone with, say, "Beats by Dr. Dre" headphones, do I complain about it? No, because they had made the decision for themselves, not for me. They will probably change their minds on their own volition. If not, then it is best to just leave them alone.

That is also a silly justification for insulting somebody. When you classify somebody a name like "peasant", it becomes an insult by definition. We are grown adults here, not twelve-year-olds on 4chan. That attitude is petty, childish, and will get you absolutely nowhere.

TL:DR: I have two point for you, in context to your arguments:

1) You are doing it wrong

2) This is a battle not worth winning

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

When people have a different opinion, you either leave it alone, or you return with a well-constructed, well-mannered counterargument. I have already told you this before, but if you want to deliver a point, be polite about it. Then others may consider your points, and return a good debate. If you annoy people right off the bat, then whatever information you bring to the table will be in vain. You may be in fact correct in your points, put people will still ignore your argument, and instead focus on your attitude.

Some people choose to be PC-only, some people choose to be console-only, and some people choose to have both. That is their decision to make, not ours. If they made a "stupid" choice, then so be it. They have different priorities from you. If I see someone with, say, "Beats by Dr. Dre" headphones, do I complain about it? No, because they had made the decision for themselves, not for me. They will probably change their minds on their own volition. If not, then it is best to just leave them alone.

That is also a silly justification for insulting somebody. When you classify somebody a name like "peasant", it becomes an insult by definition. We are grown adults here, not twelve-year-olds on 4chan. That attitude is petty, childish, and will get you absolutely nowhere.

We tried being reasonable before and it didn't stick. I wonder how many infractions he's on at this time, since all he does is derail and argue with EVERYONE.

He's our resident troll. And he isn't even funny or amusing or witty. He's just petty and somewhat angry.

When people have a different opinion, you either leave it alone, or you return with a well-constructed, well-mannered counterargument.  I have already told you this before, but if you want to deliver a point, be polite about it. Then others may consider your points, and return a good debate. If you annoy people right off the bat, then whatever information you bring to the table will be in vain. You may be in fact correct in your points, put people will still ignore your argument, and instead focus on your attitude.

I was being polite until -> "Oh, and COMMENCE PC-ONLY PLEB SHITPOSTING!"

1. I'm doing fine.

2. I simply used term "peasantry" to properly convey the idea to someone who used the similar term "pleb."

3. I left them alone, but mr. peasant quoted below continues to whine about my post without quoting(as if afraid of replies).

We tried being reasonable before and it didn't stick. I wonder how many infractions he's on at this time, since all he does is derail and argue with EVERYONE.

He's our resident troll. And he isn't even funny or amusing or witty. He's just petty and somewhat angry.

Reason is something you lack.

You are part of the problem yet you complain that someone is being mean to you for being part of the problem.

You are part of the gamer population that bends over for Sony and Microsoft; you are part of the reason they think they can get away with underpowered hardware and all kinds of compromises on games(at/near release of the console).

Sony and Microsoft screwed up(each in their different ways); good thing you were there to do damage control, eh?

You don't like being called a peasant?  Sure, you are not a peasant.

You are just a normal, respectable, person who bends over for M$ and $ony.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I'm on my phone, so if you wish me to quote I will make my full effort once I get back onto a computer.

You calling me "mr. Peasant" is based off what? My console gaming? Then you really do belong back in r/PCMR, where you can continue the circle jerk.

If it matters so much to you, I game on almost everything and have probably gamed a hell of a lot longer than you, and unlike you I don't wall myself off from platforms for arbitrary and petty reasons.

Kid, I'm not afraid of your replies. Only a petty individual thinks in such terms.

You're nothing but a one track individual. Learn some tact. This act you put on for internet infamy won't do you much good in real life.

I'm on my phone, so if you wish me to quote I will make my full effort once I get back onto a computer.

You calling me "mr. Peasant" is based off what? My console gaming? Then you really do belong back in r/PCMR, where you can continue the circle jerk.

If it matters so much to you, I game on almost everything and have probably gamed a hell of a lot longer than you, and unlike you I don't wall myself off from platforms for arbitrary and petty reasons.

Kid, I'm not afraid of your replies. Only a petty individual thinks in such terms.

You're nothing but a one track individual. Learn some tact. This act you put on for internet infamy won't do you much good in real life.

You are on your phone yet you quoted others.

That is more convincing that Ubisoft's PR department.

Apparently you are the kind of petty person who thought of it.

Joke's on you; I'm not a PC-only person.  I'm just against all the current-gen potatoes.

I was being polite until -> "Oh, and COMMENCE PC-ONLY PLEB SHITPOSTING!"

Let's take a look here, shall we...?

$50 off potato.

Still not worth it to pay ~$50 every year just to play multiplayer.

That's not argument.

You are just ranting.

People can either upgrade their current PC(assuming modern enough) with a GTX 750ti(more than enough to beat xbone, not quite enough for ps4), or buy a new PC for about $400(that's the price of xbone + 1 year of subscription to play multiplayer games).

GTX 970 is for people who already have decent parts; but it's still a vastly superior option than potato.

Take your peasantry elsewhere.

I would not call that polite, especially not the last statement. Don't resort to name-calling or deflection until you got your point delivered. I do not have to repeat this for the millionth time.

Reason is something you lack.

You are part of the problem yet you complain that someone is being mean to you for being part of the problem.

You are part of the gamer population that bends over for Sony and Microsoft; you are part of the reason they think they can get away with underpowered hardware and all kinds of compromises on games(at/near release of the console).

Read above.

You do not insult somebody because they disagree with you. As I said, the would does not revolve around PC gamers, and it certainly does not revolve around you. People have different needs, for a given task. This is not a bad thing; it is just a factor of life. 

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Let's take a look here, shall we...?

I would not call that polite, especially not the last statement. Don't resort to name-calling or deflection until you got your point delivered. I do not have to repeat this for the millionth time.

Read above.

You do not insult somebody because they disagree with you. As I said, the would does not revolve around PC gamers, and it certainly does not revolve around you. People have different needs, for a given task. This is not a bad thing; it is just a factor of life. 

You need to take a look at page 1, first reply.

I got my points delivered, in case you have not noticed.  Only the last sentence contained the insult.

And I don't insult somebody because they disagree with me; I insult them when they beg for it(they are beyond reason).

You need to take a look at page 1.

I got my points delivered, in case you have not noticed.  Only the last sentence contained the insult.

And I don't insult somebody because they disagree with me; I insult them when they beg for it(they are beyond reason).

First off, you did not say a word until near the end of page #2.

You have made your points, yes, but they were still scrambled by the insults you were throwing out at people. And it does not help when you keep inserting comments after the post.

And again, what kind of reasoning is this? Because they beg for it? Using that logic in a court case will get you laughed at by a judge, and you would be near doomed to lose the trial.

First off, you did not say a word until near the end of page #2.

You have made your points, yes, but they were still scrambled by the insults you were throwing out at people. And it does not help when you keep inserting comments after the post.

And again, what kind of reasoning is this? Because they beg for it? Using that logic in a court case will get you laughed at by a judge, and you would be near doomed to lose the trial.

They were not scrambled; insult was posted clearly after.

It does help because I just added more information on where you should look.

They post without reason; why should I reason with them?

Points have been made.  They complain about me being mean to them; but there was no reason for me to change what I was doing.

There would be no logic if internet insult became a court case.

BEFORE:

Points have been made; and I just throw around insults to make people angry/feel bad.

AFTER:

They were not scrambled; insult was posted clearly after.

It does help because I just added more information on where you should look.

Points have been made.  They complain about me being mean to them; but there was no reason for me to change what I was doing.
There would be no logic if internet insult became a court case.

You have injected the insults inside what was otherwise good points, multiple times.  Not only does this give a negative impression of you to other people, but it makes it difficult for them to understand what you were saying.

Your "adding of information" was not helpful in the slightest. You have used it to carry out further insults, and in this case, cover up one that you have previously made. Remember, any information on the internet is permanent. When you create a negative impression (even on 4Chan), that negative impression will stay with you for a very long time.

And they actually have fair reasoning and judgement in this case; it was your choice to ignore them to satisfy your filter bubble. If you want a legitimate discussion, try taking a devil's advocate view on the matter, see what others have to say, and provide complimentary information, rather than forcing conflicting ones down others' throats and blaming them for it.

As @Victorious Secret said multiple times, if you run into so many rude people at a time, then the issue is most likely on your end. 

Still not a legitimate reason to insult people. If anything, that sounds rather childish.

not twelve-year-olds on 4chan

I don't even see the peasant stuff on 4chan. More like 9gag and Reddit to be honest.

Seriously Dudes' Pipe it down! This is just a discussion of price drop , Not a flame war over consoles!

And I'm happy to get it back on topic, but some users just don't like things staying reasonable.

Some. Just one in this thread to be blunt.

I don't even see the peasant stuff on 4chan. More like 9gag and Reddit to be honest.

I don't see 4chan or 9gag.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

You have injected the insults inside what was otherwise good points, multiple times.  Not only does this give a negative impression of you to other people, but it makes it difficult for them to understand what you were saying.

Your "adding of information" was not helpful in the slightest. You have used it to carry out further insults, and in this case, cover up one that you have previously made. Remember, any information on the internet is permanent. When you create a negative impression (even on 4Chan), that negative impression will stay with you for a very long time.

And they actually have fair reasoning and judgement in this case; it was your choice to ignore them to satisfy your filter bubble. If you want a legitimate discussion, try taking a devil's advocate view on the matter, see what others have to say, and provide complimentary information, rather than forcing conflicting ones down others' throats and blaming them for it.

As @Victorious Secret said multiple times, if you run into so many rude people at a time, then the issue is most likely on your end. 

Still not a legitimate reason to insult people. If anything, that sounds rather childish.

They mean the same; the previous one was more obvious, though.

If they don't understand, that is not my problem.

Fair reasoning such as?  I didn't start complaining about consoles, they did.

I don't think I run into many rude people; I do run into a few idiots here and there, though.  I'm sure they are just the loud minority.

I actually do enjoy reading peoples arguments on both sides of the console vs PC for perspective, but I'd rather stay subbed to this thread for peoples thoughts on the price cut of the Xbox One. If one of you would like to continue the argument please start a thread in General Discussion or something, feel free to link it here for others to jump to and comment.

derailed_train.jpg

lol the sales dropped even further with this price drop.

"hey sir would you like to buy this piece of poo that will allow you to play games at 792p at low settings and sometimes not even  60 frames?"

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Yeah, when you have most GTX 970s at or under 350 as well I think that makes it a much more worthwhile holiday investment for people on this forums. And no, exclusive titles are not an excuse to get an inferior machine, what you're basically doing is making sure you'll be screwed out of even more titles in the future by supporting an exclusive deal on a platform.

*shakes him* but I need halo *passes out on floor*

I'm happy it went down because I was going to buy for halo anyways.

I think the advanced warfare one actually looks pretty cool idk about you guys.

I'm happy it went down because I was going to buy for half anyways.

I think the advanced warfare one actually looks pretty cool idk about you guys.

Kevin Spacey could sell me Ebola, I'd probably buy it.

I'll wait and see though. If AW has a campaign anything like World at War, I'll be game for it.

Kevin Spacey could sell me Ebola, I'd probably buy it.

I'll wait and see though. If AW has a campaign anything like World at War, I'll be game for it.

I'd like to try multi-player because this time sledgehammer wasn't thrown under the bus.

...damnnnn

I've been wanting to move to the UK for a while now. Looks like that'd be the ideal spot.

I'm betting work is hard to find though, no?

Haha, I see London is the pit of misery as well.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

...damnnnn

I've been wanting to move to the UK for a while now. Looks like that'd be the ideal spot.

I'm betting work is hard to find though, no?

Haha, I see London is the pit of misery as well.

I think any big city is miserable, I was in London recently and it was cool to explore though :)

Yeah Harrogate is lovely, and you are only ever 2 minutes from beautiful countryside in the yorkshire dales etc :)

Work not really, I dont really know anyone struggling for a job, at least not more than anywhere else

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii