EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Classified official launch price!

So apparently the 980 classified by EVGA is gonna be start at $700... Is this price too much? Is it more than you thought it would be? Is the 970 enough for all your gaming needs? leave your opinion. :-)

post-77852-0-74379200-1414357162_thumb.j

Im prepared to drop money one 980ti sli if it ever come out but i dont see the single 980 as a tangible benefit to my dual 780ti system.

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

700 us seems about right for a 980 with an aftermarket cooler and been through binning - but its not a SC so i guess alittle lower but not too much

Its all about those volumetric clouds

700 us seems about right for a 980 with an aftermarket cooler and been through binning - but its not a SC so i guess alittle lower but not too much

Why lower? It's a Classified card, they cost more because you can do more.

you are kinda contradicting yourself here 

binning = higher clock speed (essentially)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

u mean better binning = better overclocking?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

yes its been binned but its not a super clock, so its better then the standard reference once's

Why lower? It's a Classified card, they cost more because you can do more.

I wouldnt see it go too much lower maybe 20 - 40 bucks

I'm just guessing a super clocked will be around 800,  so only 100 buck difference i would just go for that one

u mean better binning = better overclocking?

yes

binning is having cards that overclock at lower temps and lower voltages

lets say evga uses 75°C and 1350mhz at 1.1 volts as test

the ones who make it are binned higher then the ones who dont, but it can be possible for not binned card to overclock higher at lets say 1.2 volts then the one that is binned

its still a lotery

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

But the SC uses a reference PCB design. This is a classy card that has a custom PCB design.

There's nothing special about the SC cards at all.

Reference > SC > SSC > FTW > Classified > K|NGP|N

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

But the SC uses a reference PCB design. This is a classy card that has a custom PCB design.

There's nothing special about the SC cards at all.

Reference > SC > SSC > FTW > Classified > K|NGP|N

I thought classified is just a class that has an aftermarket cooler?

I thought classified is just a class that has an aftermarket cooler?

If it was then I don't think eVGA would make them anymore.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

If it was then I don't think eVGA would make them anymore.

why would you say that?

asus seems to go well with the direct cu cooler.

why would you say that?

asus seems to go well with the direct cu cooler.

If I found out that I had payed £500+ for a reference card with a non reference cooler then I'd lose it.

Classified cards are for 'enthusiasts' they expect binned chips and great power delivery along with a capable cooler. If eVGA didn't provide this on the top tier card then a lot of people would start to dislike them real fast.

There various DCUII cooler available. There's the DCUII and the DCUII TOP. the TOP being the higher end product.

I preferred it when evga stuck with just black and grey, that way the card suited almost every build. I like this particular cards looks a lot but the blue accents on their other cards really put me off

Im prepared to drop money one 980ti sli if it ever come out but i dont see the single 980 as a tangible benefit to my dual 780ti system.

MOAR CUDA PLX ! :P

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Hmmn $700 sits at ~£440, which will probably look more like £500-550 because UK, and considering that the 780 used to cost £400-450 and the 780 Ti was £500-700, a 980 that's 100% custom and binned highly should be sitting around that price. Still would go with a 970 - could then go sli and have absolute beast performance.