Metro Last Light removed from Steam store

27-bit

If you want to buy the original non redux version of MLL or any DLC for it from steam well good luck with that, because I think they removed it.

What are they thinking!! I bought the game a couple of months ago without the DLC and now I want to give them my money for some DLC but it seems that they don't want it. Am not going to buy the game again (redux version) to get the stupid DLCs.

This is really shitty.. So what's next? Remove the game from my library and force me to buy it again because there is a new and improved version of the game!

=

Just searched it in the Steam Store. It is NOT available in the german Steam Store. I know that it was available in the past...

post-23151-0-62545600-1414276394_thumb.p

If you want to buy the original non redux version of MLL or any DLC for it from steam well good luck with that, because I think they removed it.

What are they thinking!! I bought the game a couple of months ago without the DLC and now I want to give them my money for some DLC but it seems that they don't want it. Am not going to buy the game again (redux version) to get the stupid DLCs.

This is really shitty.. So what's next? Remove the game from my library and force me to buy it again because there is a new and improved version of the game!

Hi :)

Not sure if you've ever posted news topics before, but no offense - this is a terrible news post.

Can you please post a source link? Or some screen shots created by yourself browsing the steam store looking up the game?

Now on topic: Steam has NEVER removed a game from a users library unless that user has breached the EULA and/or acted maliciously towards Valve. Even all the EA titles that got removed when Origin was launched are still available to download and install to ANY steam user who bought those games before they were removed.

I would personally wait for a press release or a news article with more detailed information about why this happened before jumping to conclusions. THOUGH it wouldn't be the first time Valve has done something stupid and/or shitty with Steam.

Edit: I'd also be curious what the cost of all DLC is compared to the cost of REDUX. You might not have saved any money...

FYI can anyone tell me if they discount the REDUX version if you already down the original version? They did this with Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Edit 2: Apparently Steam removed an online only expansion that required special DRM servers to play when the creators took down the servers, thus making the expansion literally unplayable. Note that for what it's worth folks.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Hi :)

Not sure if you've ever posted news topics before, but no offense - this is a terrible news post.

Can you please post a source link? Or some screen shots created by yourself browsing the steam store looking up the game?

Now on topic: Steam has NEVER removed a game from a users library unless that user has breached the EULA and/or acted maliciously towards Valve. Even all the EA titles that got removed when Origin was launched are still available to download and install to ANY steam user who bought those games before they were removed.

I would personally wait for a press release or a news article with more detailed information about why this happened before jumping to conclusions. THOUGH it wouldn't be the first time Valve has done something stupid and/or shitty with Steam.

Edit: I'd also be curious what the cost of all DLC is compared to the cost of REDUX. You might not have saved any money...

FYI can anyone tell me if they discount the REDUX version if you already down the original version? They did this with Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Yes they have please don't spout lies.  Look up order of war.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

yea, you get a discount when you own the original game, and seeing as its a straight improvement without all the shitty bugs and mouse issues, and including ALL the dlc, the original should be removed, no one should be buying it anymore imo considering it was quite flawed.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Interesting. I've never heard of this game, and was not aware of any such incident, so I looked it up.

1st:

The game itself is still on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34600/

2nd:

After reading the info found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_War#Expansion

It actually makes 100% sense that they removed the game from steam. It was essentially an MMO at that point in the sense that it was a special, online only, multiplayer only, DRM validated with special servers, expansion. When the creators shut the servers down, the expansion became literally unplayable. So that expansion in your steam library became a glorified paperweight.

With that in mind, no need to be a jackass about it. I was not "spouting lies", I was just unaware of this game. Has this happened in other instances? I can't imagine the game was overly popular in the mainstream, hence why I've never even heard of it. You could have corrected me in a calm and friendly manner, rather then being really hostile about it.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Order of War is still on Steam for me

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34600/

Recently Paranautical Activity was pulled from the Steam Store, but it's still in people's libraries as well.

Can't say I've ever heard of a game being pulled from a library, and even Metro Last Light is still in my library. 

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

yea, you get a discount when you own the original game, and seeing as its a straight improvement without all the shitty bugs and mouse issues, and including ALL the dlc, the original should be removed, no one should be buying it anymore imo considering it was quite flawed.

Interesting. Then I basically consider this entire topic non-news.

Ok.  Please do a little bit of research.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/12/30/steam-removes-game-order-of-war-challenge-from-user-libraries/

Order of war: challenge

with 18 single player missions.  I'm not sure how I'm being a jackass.  I'm using please, as well as typing in actual sentences.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

https://www.g2a.com/metro-last-light-season-pass-steam-cd-key-global.html

Here you can buy the Season Pass.

The original Last Light was removed from the store just because Last Light Redux is just a "GOTY" version of the game.

You get all the DLCs and that's it. That's the only real difference between LL and LL Redux.

The same thing happend with Deus Ex Human Revolution. I wanted to get the DLC since I never played it but then I found out that I would spend less to get the Director's Cut edition than the DLC ( pretty fucked up right? ).

Ok.  Please do a little bit of research.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/12/30/steam-removes-game-order-of-war-challenge-from-user-libraries/

Order of war: challenge

with 18 single player missions.  I'm not sure how I'm being a jackass.  I'm using please, as well as typing in actual sentences.

Even more interesting. I'm definitely seeing conflicting information here then, since according to the wiki page, the only single player missions were tutorials:

Released on October 10, 2010, Order of War: Challenge was mostly a multi-player extension, only its specific tutorials worked in single-player mode.

Also, from the article you posted:

But due to always-online DRM, even the single-player portion of the game requires the servers to be up and running.

So yeah, my point still stands. The expansion was literally unplayable anyway.

FYI: Saying please doesn't magically make an inflammatory statement nice. When you say something like "spout lies", you're implying I was being malicious. Obviously we both know that isn't the case.

But the season pass for MLL has been on sale for $5 a couple of times now and I was planning to get it on the next sale.

And btw MLL wasn't that bad. I completed the game 5-6 times, sure there are some bugs and visual glitches but nothing that cannot be solved.

=

https://www.g2a.com/metro-last-light-season-pass-steam-cd-key-global.html

Here you can buy the Season Pass.

The original Last Light was removed from the store just because Last Light Redux is just a "GOTY" version of the game.

You get all the DLCs and that's it. That's the only real difference between LL and LL Redux.

The same thing happend with Deus Ex Human Revolution. I wanted to get the DLC since I never played it but then I found out that I would spend less to get the Director's Cut edition than the DLC ( pretty fucked up right? ).

About Deus Ex HR: Actually they did that on purpose. They wanted you to buy the Director's Cut, which had improved graphics and bug fixes and even some small gameplay changes (good ones). Additionally, you got a discount if you already owned the game.

What reason is there to NOTbuy it in that circumstance?

Also LL Redux has improved graphics as well. It appears the situation is identical (discount and all). This is good news for gamers!

But the season pass for MLL has been on sale for $5 a couple of times now and I was planning to get it on the next sale.

And btw MLL wasn't that bad. I completed the game 5-6 times, sure there are some bugs and visual glitches but nothing that cannot be solved.

Oh Don't worry, LL Redux will be on a Steam Sale for 75% off no doubt whenever the next time that the Season Pass is also on sale.

Several games have been removed from the Steam store, but remains on your account. To be honest, there's no reason to have the older version around when there's a superior version around.

metro 2033, imo, looks better than the redux version but it's still available so....

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Dunno about you guys, but I can still play it. Just the store page is gone. cqGJf.jpg

I'm probably playing a game right now...

Does this work for anyone?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/43110/

I am able to find it via that URL

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

im glad i was too excited to wait for last light redux and bought the original because i prefer the visuals (style) of LL over LLR

About Deus Ex HR: Actually they did that on purpose. They wanted you to buy the Director's Cut, which had improved graphics and bug fixes and even some small gameplay changes (good ones). Additionally, you got a discount if you already owned the game.

What reason is there to NOTbuy it in that circumstance?

Also LL Redux has improved graphics as well. It appears the situation is identical (discount and all). This is good news for gamers!

Yeah but I already had the vanilla game. I wanted just the DLC. IIRC the DLC wasn't that expensive. It was around 4.99 Euro. The DC edition would cost me 19.99 euro.

So for someone who already has the vanilla game it's not a good deal.

I rarely buy games directly from Steam so that made me save some coin.

I found a key for the DLC for around 4 euro and the DC edition for 3 euro.

At that point I got myself the DC edition.

Also, the DC edition is a lot more bugged and the graphics are even worse because it's the 1.0 build with some changes. Also it has some big optimization problems ( there are fixes for that though ). The gameplay changes are not that great after all. It just changes the boss fights ( I can't remember if it changes the final boss fight ) and the changes aren't good enough to justify the cost. Mainly if you already own the vanilla game.

When it comes to LL Redux, the graphics are the same. It's just a little bit better optimized, it includes all the DLCs and they introduced a "new" game mode called survival.

The survival mode should be more like the original Metro 2033. But it's not. They imported the terrible AI and the terrible stealth mechanics from Last Light.

You should get less resources and you should have less HP but in the end I never found myself in a situation where I was lacking ammo, filters or medikits ( I played through it on Survival Ranger Hardcore ).

On the other hand, 2033 Redux was changed quite a bit.

They changed the voice actor for Artyom, some character models were changed ( Wolf for example ) they imported the terrible AI and the terrible stealth from LL, they added some new areas and there are less loading screens, it uses the engine from LL ( better optimization but worse lighting and overall image quality ), they added some new weapons + you can upgrade them now, you can't change your armor anymore etc etc.

It's decent but overall I prefer the original Metro. Mainly for its stealth system. In the original 2033 the watch had 3 different LEDs. Red = Fully visible, Yellow = Hidden but not well enough, Green = Hidden but enemies that are close will see you. When no lights were displayed you were completely hidden. But to achieve this you needed the stealth suit and it was pretty rare to be in that situation while moving.

In LL and Redux you are either visible or invisible.

In the original 2033 the mutants could smell you out if you were in it's AoE. In Redux that doesn't happen.

I prefer the original 2033 because it's a lot more survival and a lot more challenging.

I had a lot of fun with 2033 Redux but IMO it's not as good as the original one.

That's why they can't remove 2033 from the Steam catalog.

Vanilla LL and Redux LL are pretty much the same thing and if you have the vanilla LL there's no point in buying LL Redux.

The problem is if someone wants to get the DLCs for the vanilla version.

The DLCs are really good ( Sniper Team, Pavel's mission, Khan's Mission and Spider Liar are probably the best missions in the game. The STALKER mission is the best. I would love to see a bigger map though ). 

You can remove the vanilla LL but not the DLCs for it.

The redux of LL is not really different, but the redux of 2033, while it ads some new content, completely changes the look and feel in a very bad way, even the textures are a bit muddy (I think the Redux games are almost the same as the conslow redux versions).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWe9L3Wp0JY

metro2033compare-teaser.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Weird. The only reason I am against this is if they bumped up the price of the redux versions from the original.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Have you thought hat maybe buying the DLC alone costs you more than buying it with redux (GOTY) version of the game?

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD