First video game you had/wanted to upgrade your computer for

Orblivion

Halo PC. Had some shitty eMachine with integrated graphics. Had to get my parents to buy some cheap graphics card from Best Buy.

Every single game that comes out..... Currently on a dell dimension 4600i with integrated graphics.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

building one currently for suff like star citizen and witcher 3, the laptop im using now struggles to run tf2 above 20fps

I'd have to say it was Starcraft 2 that made me do it.. Try getting over 20FPS with a zerg rush coming at you on a ATI Radeon HD 5550 on lowest settings with its 512MB of VRAM..

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

BF3 I think is the only one in particular that I upgraded for. 

I had planned to for BF4 also...but seeing how that mess turned out, I didn't bother until about a year later when my PC really needed an upgrade anyway - though I still haven't upgraded the GPU. (still on GTX 570 which I got for BF3)

The next one no doubt will be Star Citizen, may even go for a 980 depending on how that goes...

First upgraded my entire computer for The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

Before I didn't care for games, especially PC games, so I only ever upgraded to keep up with software demands. Though I technically did it once before many many years ago to be able to play Star Wars Starfighter...I don't count it though.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Need for Speed Most wanted

I was 12 (ish) and I spared up somehow £30 to buy an ATi 9550. It had a blue LED it was so cool :D

Diablo 2 and Deus Ex  :D

Mind you these games ran at a decent FPS on a 486 CPU with just 32 MB of RAM back in the days. Talk about optimising the code..

Build my first rig a while I didn't have specific game to play because it was my first rig that could play games before that it was pre-built my parents buy because fuck my opinions about pcs, anyways right now the only game that I do want to upgrade for is star citizen and future in general a GTX 560 can only do so much these days

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Grand Theft Auto IV and LCPDFR mod. Still is slow and buggy though  :P

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

I just got into pc gaming and my laptop just sucks, I buy games that I've wanted to play when they're on special on steam that way when I finish my build hopefully by February I'll be able to play them all :D

The same game that even got me into PC gaming: an RTS called Supreme Commander 2. Not even a very demanding game, but I was using some super old Dell Inspiron so I shoved in a $70-ish graphics card back in like 2008.

Witcher 2.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

CRYSIS 

the physics engine and lighting alone deserve to be fully appreciated 

This is so funny because it's feel's like an history now day's. I always remember when the first Unreal game was out. Man i was so anxious to play it with good setup. But only what we have was, that crappy old DELL computer. O'h man do i hate that brand so much. Then the other game was Command & Conquer that FPS release. 

Failure is not an option!

Two words.

Star Raiders.

Made me upgrade from a trs 80 model 3 to an atari 800

The Witcher. I was determined to wait to get a good PC before I played it.

Runescape Classic>2

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I think I might be showing my age here, but Lego Chess was the first game I had purchased that actually required 4MB of VRAM on a video card, something that I didn't realize was different from having 4MB of RAM in the computer at the time. Let me tell you, this was a big surprise and crash course into what the heck was inside a computer, and looking back a decade and a half later, it was a great learning experience that shaped the way I look at computing.  Then again, when I stop to think that my current GTX980 has a factor of 10^3 more than this requirement from my childhood, I feel old.

511VXW0YR4L.jpg