DSR officially launches for more than 780 and 780ti as originally promised

xToFxREAPER

I went to take a shower not half an hour ago, Upon returning i saw that wonderful "New game ready drivers" prompt. While installing i gave the notes a quick update and heres what i found!

"Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) For Fermi & Kepler GeForce GTX Desktop GPUs
Alongside our record-breaking, critically-acclaimed GeForce GTX 980 and 970 graphics cards, we introduced a new software feature that enables gamers to enjoy 4K-quality graphics on any HD screen. Called Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR), the tech is built into GeForce Experience’s game setting recommendations, allowing players to dramatically increase image quality with a single click. How it works is simple: compatible games are rendered at a higher, more detailed resolution, and the image is intelligently shrunk back down to the resolution of your monitor using a custom-made filter, giving you up to 4K-quality graphics on your screen.
With the new Game Ready drivers installed, you can now use this exciting, easy to use feature on GeForce GTX 500, 600, 700 and 900 Series GeForce GTX graphics cards."

I found that rather exciting despite owning the 780. Im probably gonna start benching away and have some fun today :)

Source - http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-344-48-whql-driver-released

DSR is great. it's SSAA without any of the hassle.

1.5x DSR is better than most AA, but the text gets fuzzy.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Hmmm now I'm really torn between 780 on sale and 970!

old system dead ... new one soon

DSR is great. it's SSAA without any of the hassle.

oh i know, ive been using downsampling and the likes for quite some time. Im interested to see if theres a performance difference though given its driver based ;)

Really though, last i saw it was only coming for 780 and 780ti other then the 900 series of course and now all of a sudden this.

Whoo I thought this might happen

Cant wait to try it on my 780ti when I get home in 20 mins

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

oh i know, ive been using downsampling and the likes for quite some time. Im interested to see if theres a performance difference though given its driver based ;)

Really though, last i saw it was only coming for 780 and 780ti other then the 900 series of course and now all of a sudden this.

i'm actually shocked they added Fermi support. very unexpected.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

i'm actually shocked they added Fermi support. very unexpected.

As am i. i remember when 900 series launched i was pretty jelly. a few days later seeing dsr confirmed for my cards made me rather happy and i been waiting on it ever since. I was sitting here building a custom wallpaper when it popped up xD Im surprised no one posted it before me though.

Lol I find it funny they released it for 500 series, I'm sure as hell 580 can't handle 4k due to the memory alone

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Lol I find it funny they released it for 500 series, I'm sure as hell 580 can't handle 4k due to the memory alone

I doubt it to but ill find out later today. My dad has a 3 way sli 580 rig in the room beside me.

Can I make my 4K Display 8K using a Titan Z?

Something tells me you already know the answer to that. If you dont youll be one of the only people here that can find out for us and report back cause that would be pretty sick :P

No, you cant...

but I can, so you should send it to me 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

i must apologise to who ever i was slaming for thinking that nvidia would do this......im gobsmaked

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

thanks for the info. one more reson to go 780 sli over 970

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

thanks for the info. one more reson to go 780 sli over 970

i would still take 970... More vram and nearly the same performance depending what you plan on playing. not to mention almost half the power consumption -.- although i suppose they are stupid hard to get a hold of.

Waiting a video on that, your videos are awesome.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I'll try this on my personal rig when I get home. 8K screenshots incoming!

Where will you post it???

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Where will you post it???

On our website. Can't link here due to advertising rules but you guys are free to link it when I do.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

I just discovered GeDoSaTo a few days ago, but I presume this will work for more than just DX9, and with better compatibility with a wide range of titles. I'm pleased.

On our website. Can't link here due to advertising rules but you guys are free to link it when I do.

Okay you have a twitter right can you give it to me and post a link there??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

How do you actually enable it?

Do you have to do it in Nvidia Control Panel?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Okay you have a twitter right can you give it to me and post a link there??

My twitter is DigitalNav , I will definitely post a link there when I do.  ;)

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

My twitter is DigitalNav , I will definitely post a link there when I do.  ;)

OH.. that is you what??? I'm already a follower, did you watch Arrow??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ