Choosing the right Power Supply

nzstubbies

Hey so I just watched JaysTwoCents's video on choosing a power a supply and he talked alot about 12volt rails and the amps they put out and so on. (I dont really understand it all) but I am building a gaming rig and I am only going with a single 770 windforce card at this stage. I may upgrade to another in the future when prices drop and I was wondering if this power supply would met all the power requirements and rail requriements and so forth.

I am looking at getting the Corsair CX 750W semi modular 80+ bronze power supply

Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

If the EVGA 750W G2 is in your budget, I highly recommend you get that one.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

You can't go wrong with a Corsair PSU. Simply fantastic build quality that you just know you can entrust your system to. Never cut costs when it comes to this component. 750W should be enough for your requirements.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

If the EVGA 750W G2 is in your budget, I highly recommend you get that one.

Hi thanks for the suggestion but where i live in New Zealand that power supply is $300 which is about twice the price im looking at. I know a power supply is the most important part of a build but not looking at spending over about $170 NZD on one.

You can't go wrong with a Corsair PSU. Simply fantastic build quality that you just know you can entrust your system to. Never cut costs when it comes to this component. 750W should be enough for your requirements.

Yeah thanks, I know not to cut costs with the PSU but I dont want to break the bank on it either