twitter secretly wants you to follow bieber or something

hammerslap1

According to YahooTech twitter plans to put tweets on our timelines from people that we are not following. i guess they feel like they know more about who we would like to hear from than we do

"In many cases, the best Tweets come from people you already know, or know of," the San Francisco-based company said.

"But, there are times when you might miss out on Tweets we think you’d enjoy."yahooTech.

and if you would rather this not be happening on your timeline well too bad. Twitter does not plan on allowing people to opt out of this.

"The company said testing showed that many people enjoy seeing tweets from accounts they don’t follow, provided the messages are deemed worthwhile based on “signals” such as popularity, level of interaction, and how much interest is shown by account’s one does follow."

so it sounds like if you follow tech people get ready to get tweets from anyone posting things about tech... watch a Iphone review and get ready to see the latest tweet from Kardashian showing off her latest jewel encrusted phone.  follow your favorite street artist and be prepared to be bombarded by tweets from Beliebers who love his latest attempt at graffiti. 

for now twitter is claiming that this is just an experiment that may never make it to all users but i tell you the first time i get a tweet from some random celebrity who just happens to think their new smart watch is awesome ill be dumping the whole twitter thing. hopeing it doesnt come to that.

******************Original story here***************************

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/twitter-you-like-seeing-tweets-from-people-you-dont-100278175069.html

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

they already do. its aggravating me.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Much like how Facebook keeps putting stuff that I'm not even remotely interested in on my news feed...

And how YouTube keeps suggesting videos on stuff that I'm not even remotely interested in...

Hopefully some adblocking software can take care of that...

im only following a handfull of folks (mostly youtubers) buy im sure ill be seeing more and more tweets from people i have no clue who they are. if they are indeed relevant it may not be so bad but why cant they just let me decide what i do and do not want to follow

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

I really hope they don't do this stupid shit.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Yea right, I'll leave Twitter before I'll do that.

Windows 10 Pro x64 with Open Shell

Vivaldi x64, HWInfo64, Macrium Reflect Free, SoftMaker Office, XYplorer pro

Pretty sure this has been going on for a while, and it's rather annoying.  I'm perfectly capable of finding new things on my own.  Of course, that makes Twitter less money than foisting garbage into my feed.

Just about had it with social networks in general

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

Lol. Every single day I am more and more thankful that I don't use twitter or facebook or any type of social media beyond this forum and teamspeak (and I don't even know if that qualifies as social media)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

...teamspeak (and I don't even know if that qualifies as social media)

It does not. It is simply a communication hub, and nothing more than that. If that was the case, then every single telephony service that exists (including phone line) counts as a social network.

It is hard to explain, but a social network is a platform where all the user actions are aggregated. If it does not do any aggregation on it's own (i.e uses a mesh network), then it is not a social network.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

It does not. It is simply a communication hub, and nothing more than that. If that was the case, then every single telephony service that exists (including phone line) counts as a social network.

It is hard to explain, but a social network is a platform where all the user actions are aggregated. If it does not do any aggregation on it's own (i.e uses a mesh network), then it is not a social network.

So would these forums be a social network?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So would these forums be a social network?

As the forums store and manage communication and related content for anybody to utilize (aggregation), it is indeed a social network.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Money makes the world go around

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

And how YouTube keeps suggesting videos on stuff that I'm not even remotely interested in...

Hopefully some adblocking software can take care of that...

I use both Youtube Center and Magic Actions to get rid of all the bullshit on Youtube, apart from some player UI elements and still not being able to comment without a Google+ account it is almost perfect for me.

I've zoomed out in this screenshot just to show how all the crap has been cleared.

http://i.imgur.com/lXw1V2u.png

Edit: How do I make spoiler tags? I though it was just text/image

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

They can try, I'll just block tweets from unfollowed accounts on the spot. This will only end up backfiring.

I use both Youtube Center and Magic Actions to get rid of all the bullshit on Youtube, apart from some player UI elements and still not being able to comment without a Google+ account it is almost perfect for me.

I've zoomed out in this screenshot just to show how all the crap has been cleared.

http://i.imgur.com/lXw1V2u.png

Edit: How do I make spoiler tags? I though it was just

text/image

I've got enough plugins on my firefox browser right now...

The proper way to do the spoiler tag

[spoiler="Title of the spoiler"]text/image[/spoiler]

text/image

Oh, so I just needed a title for the spoiler?

text/image

Now I get it, thanks.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Oh, so I just needed a title for the spoiler.

[/spoiler=Spoiler Title]

image/text

Remove the '/' in the opening spoiler tag.

Even Steam's trying to suggest games I'll like when 90% are indie remakes of indie remakes of NES remakes of NES games that are found on AVGN's videos. People must truly be this indecisive or this wouldn't be worth doing

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.