Where should I put a drain?

Go to solution Solved by Jodomcfrodo,

Lowest point.

I need a way to drain my system simply and effectively. Models of my build can be found on my build guide. The link is in my signature

Thanks!

~Davsmith4

Lowest point.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Lowest point.

So would in between the res and the pump be ok?

Hate to break it to you but that is going to be a pain in the arse. You should do it at the lowest point, but it would be much easier if you had put in a drain pipe originally. With soft tube, it would be relatively simple, but hard tubing is going to be fun.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Yes.

Great thanks for the help :)

also if you attach a bike pump to the top of your res you can make it drain a bit faster by introducing some pressure (only when your draining not while its running all the time)

Hate to break it to you but that is going to be a pain in the arse. You should do it at the lowest point, but it would be much easier if you had put in a drain pipe originally. With soft tube, it would be relatively simple, but hard tubing is going to be fun.

My build is still in boxes some of which are still at the warehouses :P

also if you attach a bike pump to the top of your res you can make it drain a bit faster by introducing some pressure (only when your draining not while its running all the time)

I'd be careful if doing that to be sure you don't break anything or blow the tubing off the fittings..

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I'd be careful if doing that to be sure you don't break anything or blow the tubing off the fittings..

That would be fun :P

I'm patient so ill just let it drain on its own.

you only do it slowly, like barley move it, :P

My build is still in boxes some of which are still at the warehouses :P

Aaah, ok, make sure you put a drain port in then maybe.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Rather than a bike pump just add a full port at the highest point to let air in.

Fill at highest, drain at lowest.

make a drain loop then open your pump :)

ok scratch that just kidding about the above >.<

just put it at the lowest part of your loop. or you can use those T blocks.

Live your life like a dream.