Will I Am launches smartwatch, no phone required

ShadowCaptain

His name is William Adams, will.i.am is just a spin of that. So what do you think about his work as a producer? He's produced songs for tons of other musicians as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will.i.am_production_discography

Judging by that list, I'd say he deserves a "crimes against humanity" charge lol.

As stated, I hate 99% of musicians today.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

yeah I re-read that when i saw the article.. maybe yo can be like.."erm Aneeda a fast route to the coffee shop" "Aneeda see a new film tonight, whats out"

why is it always females? Why not something like Jarvis? 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

why is it always females? Why not something like Jarvis? 

Ok let me put it this way

A rolex... but with Jarvis from iron man

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

aaaand I have lost all respect for you

lies

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Ok let me put it this way

A rolex... but with Jarvis from iron man

i mean a male name. I wouldn't see my Breitling as a girl. Would be cool if they had voices you can download. Like celebrities, or cartoons etc :) I'd have Jack Nicholson or AAron Paul

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

yeah I re-read that when i saw the article.. maybe yo can be like.."erm Aneeda a fast route to the coffee shop" "Aneeda see a new film tonight, whats out"

It just sounds a bit weird to me.

i mean a male name. I wouldn't see my Breitling as a girl. Would be cool if they had voices you can download. Like celebrities, or cartoons etc :) I'd have Jack Nicholson or AAron Paul

Arron Paul "its 12 oclock BITCH"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Arron Paul "its 12 oclock BITCH"

AAron, Should I watch Twilight? 

fDplSJd.gif

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

I still can't comprehend how this fool got a job at intel... ''He's a sucessful musician... surely he knows all about technology'' -.-

Look at Childish Gambino, great musician and a very very VERY intelligent person.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

AAron, Should I watch Twilight? 

"Arron what should I study at school?"

fbd.jpg

aaron-paul-boo-bitch.gif

jack-nicholson-gif-7.gif

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

What is more intrusive... getting home from work.. sitting a desk untill 2 am, eating junk food.....

Well fuck, you basically just described my life :(

But seriously...

-just life enhanced with technology

-its none-intrusive, but always there

I know there was more but I wanted to hone in on these two point. Life enhanced with technology. Not that I want to make this all philosophical or anything, but if we get to a point where we live our lives through technology, then isn't that a point where we could viably say we've lost all that makes us human? I think part of being human is making mistakes, and trying to unravel the unknown. Learning why our plants wilt, learning about the people around us. If we live in a world where some glasses can do that for us, then what point is there to life?

I guess that ties into the second point, being always there I think makes it inherently intrusive

Who knows, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Shit, now that I think of it, anyone here remember when stuff like this came up in Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Well fuck, you basically just described my life :(

all that makes us human?

then what point is there to life?

Who knows, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Shit, now that I think of it, anyone here remember when stuff like this came up in Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

Makes us human? we are are a species not an ideology. Since cavemen sharpened sticks and rocks to make tools, we have always been reliant on technology. It is woven in to human existence. What separates us from almost any other animal... technology. 

The point to life? Is there one? we are biological organisms that reproduce and make more of us. your purpose is to pass on your genetic material

That is the other side of the coin.... Generally. we somewhere in between, at the end of the day we are just like an animal but our mind puts us above that, we are self concious, and we can invent things and manipulate things in ways noting else we know of can

yeah that game was great and had some amazing insight into technology and life

nurr nurr but head I bet your mum wears rolexes like an old man

bitch dont ruin ma jam with teddy

yeah that game was great and had some amazing insight into technology and life

No seriously, gimme a set of those glasses over Google Glass anyday

Back to philosophy. You could very quickly turn this into an ends vs. means discussion. After you've had children, and raised them, is your life essentially pointless? Should one just off themselves and be done with it? Well, no, because at that point you're free of commitments, and that's generally the stage in someones life where they start to realize their mortality, and begin to cram in enough experiences so that when the time comes, they can say they lived a life worth living. Maybe technology will enhance that experience, but then again, maybe it will oversimplify that experience

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

No seriously, gimme a set of those glasses over Google Glass anyday

Back to philosophy. You could very quickly turn this into an ends vs. means discussion. After you've had children, and raised them, is your life essentially pointless? Should one just off themselves and be done with it? Well, no, because at that point you're free of commitments, and that's generally the stage in someones life where they start to realize their mortality, and begin to cram in enough experiences so that when the time comes, they can say they lived a life worth living. Maybe technology will enhance that experience, but then again, maybe it will oversimplify that experience

Well this is the issue, you either look at life in black and white... or you look at it in full colour

The black and white answer says "life means being not dead, and your purpose is to have offspring"

The colourful answer says "you have free will you have emotions, and can experience things, you can travel, invent, fall in love, be scared, happy, etc etc" 

There is no way to combine the two ways of looking at it, it cannot be simplified, it is either all of it, or barebones black and white

The glasses I want are the ones at the end of this

He's a lot smarter than he appears.

No he isn't. He's a rambling idiot. This product will fail just like the car he "designed". He put a body kit on a Delorean. He's an idiot that somehow convinced people to hire him. Lexus paid him to help "design" a car as he put it. He took a car they already made and put cameras on it so you could Instagram while he drives. The guys a walking joke and needs to get out of the tech industry. Intel giving him a job was fucking hysterical. What the fuck does he do other than make huge promises and deliver piles of shit?

Just because he always uses it when he's on camera doesn't mean he really uses it. It makes sense to wear it on camera because he's marketing it.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Man this guys so smart, he's a fucking genius. 

He's a goddamn Einstein yall. 

He is in no way over hyped and dumb at all. 

*Full disclosure.

I hate this guy. I hate a lot of things, but he's at the tippity top of the fucking list right now. I hated his music the first time I heard it, but music is art, so I can't really bash it that much. I can understand why someone would like his music., but in all other aspects of his life, he's a fucking idiot. I knew I truly hated him when he came out with his Iamauto bullshit. He literally had someone put an ugly body kit on a delorean and said he made his own car. That's fucking stupid. If that is all it takes, I made my own car too, so I'm on par with this shitbird. He's so fucking full of his own shit it makes me rage. Somehow people keep hiring him, and then people have the gall to say he's "really smart". This guy's a fucking joke. This "smart watch" that isn't a smart watch at all, is also a fucking joke. This will never make it to production, but if it does, it will never be a hit. I hate everything about him. I hate the way he talks (because he sounds like an idiot that has no idea what he's saying), I hate his stupid ass haircut, I hate his "style" (he looks like he saw a bunch of futuristic films from the 80's and 90's and said I want to wear that!). 

WHY DOES HE KEEP GETTING WORK!?

Man this guys so smart, he's a fucking genius. 

he is totally lovable :)

he is totally lovable :)

So is this kid, but I wouldn't hire him as a fucking tech consultant.

ds1.jpg

Hopefully he's better at making quality electronics than Dre.  This and the Timex Ironman One GPS+ are the first smartwatches I'm actually interested in.  If it can't function by I won't pay more than $25 for it.  Its not that hard to reach into my pocket and take my phone out if I have to have it with me anyway.  This changes things, if I don't have to take my phone with me, if the battery life is capable of lasting 36 hours, I can cut my devices down to just a Surface Pro and a watch - and a pair of headphones, but that's a given.

Good for him, I know he's well into his tech. 

He designed a car, even though it looks like what people from the 80's thought a 2014 supercar would look like, I actually like it.

He gets some much shit for being pop but who cares, people hate popular stuff for no reason other than jealousy !   

I still can't comprehend how this fool got a job at intel... ''He's a sucessful musician... surely he knows all about technology'' -.-

He was part of the learn-to-code campaign,i don't know how much he knows,but i guess he knows basic coding...

Interesting. I always found the idea of a smart watch incredibly pointless (why not just take your phone out of your pocket?), but a smartphone-agnostic smart watch actually makes a bit of sense, especially for someone like myself who still uses a basic cell phone. If it's expensive and requires a service contract then it's kinda self-defeating, though.

Thinking of building a rig soon