Wait, so if Canada doesn't have pennies...

Snickerzz

Does everything and anything purchaseabe have to end with a 5 or 0? O.o

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Yes. I think so, I'm not Canadian so I don't know for sure.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

No. If you use cash, then your purchase is rounded to the nearest 5 cents. If you use something else, like a credit card, your purchase is the same amount as it normally would be. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

As a Canadian, i can confirm this and my pockets are alot lighter for it 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz/CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer i11/Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866/Primary Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB SSD/Secondary Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB HDD/Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970/Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout ATX Mid Tower/Power Supply: Corsair 760W/Optical Drive: Asus Blu-Ray Reader/Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)/Monitor: Dell U2713HM 60Hz 27.0" Monitor 

If it's $3.92 or $3.91 then it's rounded to $3.90

If it's $3.93 or $3.94 it's rounded to $3.95

Same goes with 6/7 & 8/9.

Short answer: Yes.

EDIT: Credit/Debit cards don't matter, so it will stay at $3.92, and will not round off. (Waste of 2 cents. Haha)

Unless it's digital money, yes. Slurpees for example, a medium (Blue cup) is $2.02, when I'm not getting it for free (I'm popular at 7-11) I pay $2.00. A large (Smallest of two plastic cup sizes) is $2.23 but I would pay $2.25 (If I had to pay).

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

No. If you use cash, then your purchase is rounded to the nearest 5 cents. If you use something else, like a credit card, your purchase is the same amount as it normally would be. 

If it's $3.92 or $3.91 then it's rounded to $3.90

If it's $3.93 or $3.94 it's rounded to $3.95

Same goes with 6/7 & 8/9.

Short answer: Yes.

EDIT: Credit/Debit cards don't matter, so it will stay at $3.92, and will not round off. (Waste of 2 cents. Haha)

so what does the few extra cents go? does it just kinda go into this pool, like "give a penny, take a penny" where it just kinda balances itself out?

like if i bought something for a 3.98 (rounded to 4.00) item, i would give an extra 2 cents, and the guy behind me buys some for 3.92 (rounded to 3.90) would my extra 2 cents make up for his loss of 2 cents?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

so what does the few extra cents go? does it just kinda go into this pool, like "give a penny, take a penny" where it just kinda balances itself out?

like if i bought something for a 3.98 (rounded to 4.00) item, i would give an extra 2 cents, and the guy behind me buys some for 3.92 (rounded to 3.90) would my extra 2 cents make up for his loss of 2 cents?

I guess you could look at it that way but at the end of the day it could result in either a gain or loss for the company, depending on volume of transactions and the value of each transaction.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Well, sort of... Sometimes you gain money, sometimes you lose it, so it balances itself out.

I almost never pay in cash so it doesn't matter to me. But I love seeing a $3.91 or $3.92 on my bill, just to pay $3.90 when I do. That 2 cents can go towards Half Life 3.

HOLY Shit. I just read:

Wait, so if Canada doesn't have penis.

Am I really this tired?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

bottom line it was more expensive to make the pennies than what they are worth so it was about time

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz/CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer i11/Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866/Primary Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB SSD/Secondary Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB HDD/Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970/Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout ATX Mid Tower/Power Supply: Corsair 760W/Optical Drive: Asus Blu-Ray Reader/Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)/Monitor: Dell U2713HM 60Hz 27.0" Monitor 

if was buisness man in canada I would ensure that all my products were priced that they would always round up and never down. thus ensure that all cash sales I would be making an extra .5% profit.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I few people above mentioned the rounding, and I love it. Less change, now if we just got rid of all but toonies since they are needed for coffee. 

Yes I may hate coins....

But Canada got that derped tax system, just add the damn tax to the price!!! Like normal countries do! Well at least those I've been at so far.

I would love tax to be included in the sticker price.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

if was buisness man in canada I would ensure that all my products were priced that they would always round up and never down. thus ensure that all cash sales I would be making an extra .5% profit.

if only that were possible. with a single item purchase yes, but multiple items and it gets tricky (unless you make the system round up each individual item before totaling everything :lol: ).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

That unequivocally hasn't happened so far. I've noticed zero change from before and after. The time it would take to cost that out on man hours would be like years of inventory lol

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

If that ever happens it's worth a celebration!

I was in Canada for 4 weeks and my head hurt every time I wanted to buy something...

This This THIs.

That unequivocally hasn't happened so far. I've noticed zero change from before and after. The time it would take to cost that out on man hours would be like years of inventory lol

Not really. If you keep you inventory in the cloud per se, you could create an algorithm that would markup each item by 0.xx amount in order to achieve a situation I which round will need to occur. But considering big box store already do this to us or flat out don't care as there is usually 100% markup on the item. Small mom and pop stores probably don't inventory like this and this and do not have the computer knowledge to create a program. Is it possible to have done in a weekend and a few beers. Yes.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/